Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shahid ShamsherYour feedback matters!
I had insect bite on my neck which causes kind of allergy nd its reddish, itching and dane is there what to do.
I am 57 years, male. I am suffering from receding hair line. And presently around 70% of hair has already fallen. Please advice what to do to prevent from further hair loss. Is there any possibility for hair regrowth now at this age? please Inform.
My age 32 years I have so many ganth in my hand and legs. Kindly suggested me doctor say due to fats increased.
I'm suffering from acne vulgaris even I took a proper treatment but it works unless D treatment is over after it I have some spots and less acne so recommend a cream that is easily available in market to protect my face from sun beams.
For the past 5 years I have been dealing with skin infection on my neck after shaving. I shave once a week but My neck is always covered with red Pimples. What can I do?
How to Take Care of Your Hair?
Long hair is an all time cherished dream of girls and women. I have been seeing patients of hair loss and they would always recall their good days when they used to have good lengthy hair. They would invariably lament about the loss of long hair they were having in teenage and before marriage. This is the type of concern women have for their hair. Having lusty, shining, long hair is a sign of beauty and feminine grace. Some precautions have to be taken for all types of hair, which are briefed in following heading but long hair need utmost care so that they are not lost easily.
- No brushing should be done immediately after washing.
- Winding the hair, encasing them in rubber bands and then fixing clips or hooks should be done lightly and never too tightly.
- Winding the hair into tight plaits and then wearing chignon (coil of hair worn at the back of head) pulls the hair form scalp. I have seen many patients, especially girls, having this habit that ultimately ends in bald spots in head.
- Similar is the case with the girls who bind their back hairs in ponytails or buns. One should not confine to one style and go on changing the style so that the hair do not experience a direct pull in this fashion everyday and get pulled.
- Regarding types of curlers, rollers, combs, brushes, etc., these topics are discussed here below under different types of hair. Those rules are applicable for long hair,
- If you do not apply little amount of oil over the hair regularly, you will loose the hair and their shine.
- The best is to adopt the homeopathic method, ‘like cures like’ Apply little oil to the greasy scalp. Since the scalp itself is producing more of oil, the presence of oil on the scalp would stop production of oil from within. The imbalance will thus be overruled.
- If you are washing the hair twice in a week (women), make it thrice a week. Apply some oil, massage it into scalp and leave it for at least one hour on your scalp before washing it with shampoo. Men should do it five times a week.
- If you are using harsh, highly scented and strong hair-care products like soaps, shampoos and oils, leave them.
- Improve your diet to make it nutritional.
- Take half a bottle of distilled water and add some lemon juice in it. Now rinse your hair with this mixture to remove oiliness of hair.
- It is always in your own interest that you should consult a beauty parlor when you do not find relief after testing the mentioned methods. No relief means that you need help of a conditioner to remove/rectify oiliness.
- Use of heat-styling appliances; dryers for drying the hair after washing and over-exposure to the sun should be avoided.
- Take nutritional food.
- Do not adopt rigorous cleaning methods or routine. Use a good hair oil to massage the hair. If the dryness is more, the hair become brittle. Do not massage the scalp vigorously.
- Steaming the hair once a fortnight also helps in dry hairs. Massaging and steaming as a follow-up gives good result.
- Do not wash the hair frequently with shampoo.
- Do not comb or brush strongly.
WAVY HAIR (Hairs Having Waves):-
- Wavy hairs are not curly but have waves as you find in the sea or sand dunes.
- Those who have wavy hair, they should wash their hair with a shampoo that has shine enhancing gradients.
- After washing, dry the hair in natural ways and separate the hair with comb that has wide-teeth so that there is no entanglement and pulling while combing the hair.
- Wavy hair needs good conditioners and more care than straight hair.
- Straight hair lies flat on the scalp.
- Since such hair lie flat, they gather more dust. Naturally these straight hair are mostly dense and hence they need deep cleaning shampoo.
- Such hair needs at least three washing a week.
- They are more prone to develop dandruff.
- Oiling and massaging the scalp is essential and it should be one night before washing schedule.
- Curly hair get dry very soon.
- For washing curly hair, a shampoo with good moisture-gradient is necessary.
- To bring a shine to curly hair, dry them with towel and expose to sun or natural air. In curly hairs, fingers reach easily up to the scalp. Use your fingers to disentangle them and then use wide toothed comb or brush to keep them at place.
Use Homoeopathy for any type of hair problem.
I am losing hair fastly I am very tensed Pls help me how to stop hair fall please help urgently Thank you I can use shampoo which you will tell.
Hi doc, I am loosing hair, age 31. I am having now baldness in front facing, would you please suggest somethings which will stop hair falling and grow front hair.
As we work around the clock and rush to meet targets and achieve goals, we may be forgetting an important aspect of life. The health, hygiene and well-being of ourselves are completely lost when we are busy taking care of other things. This is the reason why we fall prey to health issues and disorders.
The health issues may vary from deeply embedded internal viruses to superficial bacterial infections. One such superficial infection is Trichomycosis Axillaris. This is an infection that affects the hair shafts in regions that are highly prone to sweating, such as the underarm areas. The hair in the underarms may at times appear like they have matter stuck to them, in such cases; the bacterial infection may seem to be present.
The infection that affects the shafts of hair is known to be completely painless. The infection, in fact, appears only when the hair in moist areas grow long and get coated by dirt like particles that may appear yellow, red or white. The infection causes smelly areas and may be a hindrance in regular life because of the smell that it may cause in regular situations.
Treatment of the infection:
There are a number of ways in which the infection of Trichomycosis Axillaris can be treated or kept at bay. Most importantly, when you start to experience a change in the appearance of hair in moist regions, you should check with a dermatologist to know about the actual root or cause of the problem. When it is established that the infection is indeed Trichomycosis Axillaris, the doctor may suggest the following precautions and medications:
- You may be asked to take medicines for the bacterial infection in the form of antibiotics that are topically applied to the infected area.
- The use of medicated soaps that help in keeping the skin free of bacteria may also be recommended by the dermatologists.
- You may also be asked to apply powders that keep the area dry to avoid the formation of sweat or moisture which makes for an easy breeding ground for bacteria.
- One of the most effective methods may be to shave the hair off so that the bacteria may be removed, but it should also be accompanied by a medical treatment so that the infection does not recur.
- The use of deodorants that help in keeping moisture out may also help in keeping a check on the infection.
Choosing the specialist:
Though the Trichomycosis Axillaris infection may not be very threatening in nature, it is important to keep the body healthy in all manners, which is why you should seek for a doctor that specialises in skin care and may be able to help in eliminating the infection altogether.