Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shagufta ParveenYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I am 19 yrs old male. I am suffering from high headache and joint pains since 15 days. What should I do?
My father is a 67 years old! He has lumbar spondylitis! He fell down on his back a few days ago and injured his back! He had disc prolapse in L1 and L2 vertebra 20 years ago! X-rays have been taken now! Its confirmed he has no fracture! But he is suffering from pain in the same region! The muscles around this region are cramping! He is being administered pain killers for pain management and other medicines but the pain is not subsiding! He is not able to get up and lie down! If standing erect he is able to walk! Also when lies down on the bed, lateral movements to either side are also quite painful! Also he is getting stomach ache and his stomach is bloating probably because of the pain killers! Is there any way to reduce the pain and also get cured of the stomach ache and bloating! He is urinating very frequently.
I am 49 yrs. Old lady suffering from lower back pain (pelvic). I feel more pain whenever I am angry or in stress.
Please suggest ayurvedic medicine for low back pain, I am facing this problem past six months. I prefer ayurvedic medicines.
While working in gym i.e. Running on tread mill, I'm getting pain below rib cage and above waist. If I stop run and walk the pain goes off. Is this to be considered seriously?
Hello everyone ! age 23, I have got swelling in my knees one by one . 10 days ago I got swelling in my right knee , I had taken medicine from family doctor to remove swelling. But after getting my right knee better from swelling, I get swelling in my left knee. Please suggest me !
I have pain on wrist over three weeks. I am using pain relieving gel and cool pack etc. But still its pain a lot. What should I do?
My mother had spine problem and frequently it pains. Her hand pain and can't hold any heavy object for long time what should she do to reduce the pain and lead a better life?
My father is having some issue with his hands (sever nerves pain). Every few days in a week whenever he sleeps in a certain position which stops blood flow (may be due to nerve blocked) in his hands from shoulder (left and mostly occur on right hand as he tend to sleep in that position, he shouts aloud madly in midnight (he says that it feels as if he has lost his hand) and ask us to rub it vigorously so as to get blood circulation in hands. Then only situation gets under control in few minutes. Its been years that we are facing this issue. He has no control on his sleeping position. Kindly suggest what can be done to resolve this matter. About him: Age-56, Height- 5'6 in, weight- 75 He has "High blood pressure.
I am 30 year old male, I am having knee pain in left leg from past 10 years. It happened while playing football, after that the pain is ON and Off, If I do any leg exercise in gym like squats or weight training the pain increases, how do I diagnose the exact problem and give right treatment.
I have back several times a day. What needs to be taken to get relief from pain. As I have to sit and for long time every day.
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.