Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
I'm 49 years male and acute diabetic for the past 15 years. Most of my teeth are lost and jawbone also get loosing. Due to this, my dentist told that fixing of artificial teeth is not possible to me as my jawbone is not having enough strength to hold or clip the artificial tooth. I am in a great mental agony now. Please advise me a remedy for me. Kindly advise me the dentist who are advanced in such problems to treat
Reasons for gap between teeth are: hereditary, chipped tooth, broken filling, habit- thumb sucking, incorrect swallowing reflex, using of a toothpick, improper technique of using a floss, if the jaw size is larger than the tooth size, abnormal frenum attachment, missing tooth, extra tooth, tumor growth.
Never neglect a gap between teeth as it can cause food lodgment, tooth decay, bad breath, drifting of teeth and finally loss of tooth if not treated in time. Gaps either small or large can be treated, for further assistance you can call us or visit us at the clinic.
Whenever I eat meat, it stuck in between teeth and cause pain. Looking for permanent solution instead of doing floss, gargles, medicines or toothpicks.
I have undergone rootcanal treatment 2 months back but thy didn't keep cap for my teeth planning to get that done whn I go home will there b any problem till thn.
Hi I have bad breathing problem. Please suggest me something. Sometimes I wash my mouth with mouthwash but still issue is there? Do I need to clean tongue daily, which I started recently.
I have bad smell from mouth from last 5 years. I got rid from two cavities 2 years back and these cavities had been for 1-2 years in my mouth. I had one of these cavity-tooth root canaled with a ceramic cap and after 7 days I found a black line at the bottom of it. I have some stains on my teeth. I went to the dentist for bad smell but he said that everything was ok. But from last year I experience that everyone covers their noses when I go near them no matter whether I speak or not. I doubt that bad smell is coming from my nose also. I went to ENT doctor but he also said that all was ok. What should I do now.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily involves improving a person's smile and facial appearance. It could involve the teeth, gums, cheeks, lips, or the bite of the patient. Accordingly, a change can be produced in the color, position, size or shape of the teeth, alignment of the teeth, contouring of the smile, etc. The end result is always a better facial appearance and improved confidence level of the patient.
Some common examples of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth whitening: There are very few people who are happy with the color of their teeth. Everybody wants whiter teeth and therefore go for options like bleaching. This can be done either in the dental office or done at home. A word of caution though - go for teeth whitening only after the consultation with a dentist.
- Veneers, crowns: Just as the color of the teeth, the shape of the teeth also leaves a lot to be desired for almost everybody. Veneers are applied on the teeth after removing a thin layer of tooth structure. Minor reshaping and contouring of the tooth can also be done, especially to improve appearance in the front teeth.
- Tooth contouring/shaping: The edges of the teeth can be smoothened by mere shaping or contouring. There is no extra material that is added to the tooth here. In some cases, a thin layer of resin may be bonded to the tooth if required.
- Bridges: In cases the adjacent teeth shape, size, or color mismatch, then bridges can be done to even out the difference and produce a more corrected appearance.
- Braces: Braces are a big hit as they help correct misaligned teeth. However, the next step with invisible braces and ceramic braces is another step towards moving away from the traditional metal braces, which itself was not cosmetically received.
- Onlays and Inlays: Improper tooth shapes can be corrected with parts of the teeth that either replace only a small decayed portion or the entire crown portion to produce a more pleasing effect.
- Implants: Though fixed bridges do a very good job at replacing lost teeth, implants go to the next level in terms of the aesthetic replacement.
- Gingivoplasty: In cases where the gums have black spots, are too short, or are too long, the gums can be shaped to provide a better teeth visibility. The gums can also be sculpted to produce a more appealing gum line that shows off the teeth to give a more harmonious smile.
- Bite correction: In addition to braces, in some cases, bite correction may be required to smoothen out a sharp cusp or reduce the prominence of the canine.
With a number of corrections possible, cosmetic dentistry is here to stay - just as the drive to look good.