Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SenthilYour feedback matters!
Good afternoon noon, my problem is that I have mouth eucler (chole) on my tongue and lives for last 1 weeks, I had taken homeopathy medicine but after some time it again develop. Please suggest me to rid from this problem. Thanks
I have the following symptoms -1) jaw pain, 2) clicking sound from my right side of jaw, 3) tightness in jaw muscle, 4) difficulty in breathing, 5) neck pain and upper back pain. Where (which department of doctor) should I see at first? Please don't ignore it. I am really in big trouble. Please help me.
I have pain in my teeth regularly and I have remove My two teeth recently so I this case I have problem for eating food pls give me a best solution.
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
I have stains in my teeth. My front two lower teeth have gaps. This is due to the scaling. Is there any way to close teeth gaps? Can I brighten my teeth by any way other than scaling?
I have a gap between the 2 front litter teeth. I use a floss and inter dental everyday but after some months tartar builds up this gap. How can I address the issue for the long term?
Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease which occurs because of the inflammation of the gums. It can easily be reversed with daily brushing and flossing and getting dental cleaning done regularly.
One of my cousin is having 1 month baby. She feel weakness and bad smell from mouth all the time. She visited the dentist but no smell is as it is. What are the probable reasons and what may be done for curing it. She has very lean body and please suggest to increase her weight.
My front 4 lower teeth are to be replaced I am 55 years old and regularly taking ecosprin as blood thinner. I am regular user of Rajanigandha and Tulasi as stimulant.I need expert credible dentist. Pl help.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.