Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SavathriYour feedback matters!
1. What does the toothpaste do?
Toothpaste is an abrasive material which helps in mechanical action of toothbrush in removing plaque and debris from teeth and gums. Some medicated toothpastes are available which contain fluoride which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also toothpaste helps in removing bad breath and halitosis.
2. How much toothpaste do we need to brush our teeth?
For kids below 3 years of age just a “Smear” of toothpaste is needed.
For age above 3 years “Pea size” amount of tooth paste is enough.
3. Can we brush our teeth without toothpaste?
Major cleaning action is performed by toothbrush & toothpaste is only an adjunct to it. So, minimal amount of toothpaste is sufficient combined with a good brushing technique.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
The solution is to not intentionally think further about plans, but with faith surrender to the supreme and instead of thinking about the plans it is better to read a nice book, listen to nice music or talks which do not allow mind to get frustrated with mental speculations. Drinking cow's milk in night before sleep also should help
I have MUCUS problem + constipition and Balgam, not cough in Throat. Can you please advise diet and medicine?
Sir, my all d lower teeth which help in eating got rotten and l am not able to chew food properly due to this I got indigestion problem, all the food which I used to eat got passed down through stools, and I am feeling weak n unhealthy, pls advise me what to do?
Long, lustrous and glossy locks of hair that swish with the gentle breeze and accentuates the look of any outfit - that's the beauty of well maintained and beautiful mane of thick hair. Yet, many of us suffer from hair loss due to poor diet, too many chemicals in our hair care products, stressful living and a fast paced urban lifestyle where we are not left with enough time to take care of your hair.
Did you know that your shampoo can also lead to hair loss? There are harmful chemical additives, detergent like substances which can make the follicles weak and lead to breakage, as well as other ingredients that can lead to hair loss. Here's how:
- Sulfate: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or SLS, and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate or ALS, are surfactants that are usually used by shampoo manufacturers to create extra foam which makes for a luxurious, yet harmful wash. This is usually the case with cheap shampoos. These substances are irritants that can cause hair loss in patches.
- Sodium Chloride: Your standard table salt is also one of the culprits that can lead to a lot of hair loss. Many popular shampoos and conditioners contain this substance which can make the scalp itchy and dry. This leads to hair fall.
- Ammonium Chloride: Many shampoos that do not contain sodium chloride usually use surfactants like ammonium chloride. This can also have a similar effect as its sodium chloride counterpart, as it leads to various symptoms like itching and dryness in the scalp.
- Formaldehyde: This substance has disinfectant-like qualities which can cause a lot of damage to the DNA. Excessive and constant use can lead to indiscriminate hair loss due to the harsh properties of this substance. It is generally a low-cost option that can be used as a preservative in shampoos and conditioners.
- Polyethylene Glycol: This substance is used as a thickening agent that can take the moisture away from the hair and lead to severe hair loss. The use of alcohol and greasers in shampoos can also have a similar effect on the hair.
The health of your hair depends on the kind of products you use, so it is important to look at the ingredients before you invest in a good shampoo and conditioner.