Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Satish KumarYour feedback matters!
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Since one week my mouth taste has gone. Although I feel hunger but can't eat. Because tastelessness.
I have a peculiar irritation and sometimes burning in my mouth, I eat only dhal and rice, no spices, no fruits and sometimes some vegs. Also beacause I cannot eat due to irritation. I an 57 yrs and not a diabetic. I have two kids both married and settled sometimes I gargle my mouth with antacid as adviced. It gives some relief for a short time. Please Help me to get out of irritation and help me to lead a normal life.
I have hypersalivation problem from two years. I feel irritated as my tongue feels rough. Please tell me some solution.
Hello doctor actually there is ulcers in my mouth it's too much paining and irritation what ever I eat tell me a solution it's from past 5 days first it was in one side now it's in both sides.
I have pain in my upper teeth from last 3 weeks. Doctor suggest me going for root canal. What can I do please suggest me
I am 18 years old I have a problem in my teeth gums suddenly when I am working blood is coming through gums recently I started using toothpaste 'VANTEJ'(DR. REEDY'S) using that paste blood is coming rarely.
I have pain in lower front four teeth. One tooth is gone black and three others are also paining. I have already consulted a Doctor and scan Who said that the teeth are going damaged condition. He said for operation. What ll I do.
Blog by Dr. Ratnika agarwal, dental surgeon/owner of smile up dental care implant center, pune
Advancing age puts many seniors at risk for a number of oral health problems, such as:
Darkened teeth. Caused, to some extent, by changes in dentin -- the bone-like tissue that underlies the tooth enamel -- and by a lifetime of consuming stain-causing foods beverages.
Dry mouth. It is caused by reduced saliva flow, which can be a result of cancer treatments as well as certain diseases medication side effects. Many medicines can cause dry mouth.
Diminished sense of taste. While advancing age impairs the sense of taste, diseases, medications, dentures can also contribute to this sensory loss.
Root decay. This is caused by exposure of the tooth root to decay-causing acids.
Gum disease. Caused by plaque made worse by food left in teeth, use of tobacco products, poor-fitting bridges and dentures, poor diets, and certain diseases, such as anemia, cancer, and diabetes, this is often a problem for older adults.
Tooth loss. Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss.
Uneven jawbone. This is caused by tooth then not replacing missing teeth. This allows the rest of the teeth to drift and shift into open spaces
Denture-induced stomatitis. Ill-fitting dentures, poor dental hygiene, or a buildup of the fungus candida cause this condition, which is inflammation of the tissue underlying a denture.
Thrush. Diseases or drugs that affect the immune system can trigger the overgrowth of the fungus candida in mouth
Age in and of itself is not a dominant or sole factor in determining oral health. However, certain medical conditions, such as arthritis in the hands and fingers, may make brushing or flossing teeth difficult to impossible to perform. Drugs can also affect oral health and may make a change in your dental treatment necessary.
Oral hygiene tips for seniors:
Daily brushing flossing of natural teeth is essential to keeping them in good oral health. Plaque can build up quickly on the teeth of seniors, especially if oral hygiene is neglected, &amp; lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
To maintain good oral health, it's important for all individuals -- regardless of age -- to:
Brush at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
Floss at least once a day
Rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash once or twice a day
Visit our team of experience dentist at smile up dental care implant center on a regular schedule for cleaning an oral exam. We will be very happy to serve you.
What seniors can expect during a dental exam
If you're a senior headed for a check up, our dentistry team will conduct a thorough history dental exam to provide you with the best solutions to resolve the problems from its root cause. Questions asked during a dental history will include:
The approximate date of your last dental visit and reason for the visit
If you have noticed any recent changes in your mouth
If you have noticed any loose or sensitive teeth
If you have noticed any difficulty tasting, chewing, or swallowing
If you have any pain, discomfort, sores, or bleeding in your mouth
If you have noticed any lumps, bumps, or swellings in your mouth
During an oral exam, our experience team of dentists will check the following: your face &amp; neck (for skin discoloration, moles, sores); your bite (for any problems in how the teeth come together while opening closing your mouth); your jaw (for signs of clicking and popping in the temporomandibular joint); your lymph nodes salivary glands (for any sign of swelling or lumps); your inner cheeks (for infections, ulcers, traumatic injuries); your tongue and other interior surfaces -- floor of the mouth, soft and hard palate, gum tissue (for signs of infection or oral cancer); and your teeth (for decay, condition of fillings, and cracks).
If you wear dentures or other appliances, our dentist team will ask a few questions about when you wear your dentures and when you take them out (if removable). He or she will also look for any irritation or problems in the areas in the mouth that the appliance touches, and examine the denture or appliance itself (looking for any worn or broken areas).
Please call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr. Ratnika agarwal at smile up dental care implant center, pune today and get your elders dental check-up today! we provide dental solutions for all age groups.