Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have trouble with my teeth I don't it's still paining I can't eat no more. Please help me for this.
I have pimples all over my face and im not able to get rid of it since 2 years from now. I take good care of my dental health, use clean towels and pillow covers, had decreased the intake of oily foods but its showing only less improvement. Please help me to get rid of it.
My teeth hurt for a long time. I can not eat hot food. When I eat the hot food then teeth sirasira. What should I do now?
Hi. My teeth comes little outside shall I wear braces to keep it equal. I want my smile looks good. Pl suggest about braces.
My one front teeth has changed in yellow color and in my front uper gum has swel. Kindly suggest me.
Nobody is happy with their teeth and everybody wants whiter, brighter teeth. In the last few decades, tooth whitening is one of the most commonly done cosmetic dental procedures. Majority of these people are in the age of 10 to 25, who are very conscious about their looks.
What needs to be understood is that dental whitening is permissible to a certain extent. Not many people realize this and continue to use teeth whiteners even after the desired result is achieved in an effort to get it a couple of more shades lighter. This is something that we need to watch our for.
Safety of tooth whitening: Some of the supposedly unsafe aspects of tooth whitening are most products used currently are tested both on patients and in laboratory and are proven to be completely safe. However, overuse or misuse of these products can lead to issues. The active chemical ingredient in most of these products is hydrogen peroxide. Most of the products contain about 10% carbamide peroxide, which breaks into hydrogen peroxide and urea. There are claims that this is carcinogenic. However, this is not the case and there is no strong correlation. Also, if the application is done correctly, there is very minimal exposure to hydrogen peroxide directly.
The second issue that most people associate with tooth whitening is tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Both these symptoms are directly related to the percentage of carbamide peroxide. It is shown that products with more than 10% produce more teeth sensitivity and gum irritation than those that contain less than 10%. Improper tray selection can lead to gum irritation. Also, patients who are overzealous and go about whitening their teeth further can end up with severe sensitivity. The explanation in these cases is the enamel is worn off by the chemical leading to exposed dentinal tubules which, even when exposed due to caries, can cause sensitivity.
Listed below are some ways to avoid or reduce sensitivity:
- When using the bleaching tray applicator, use it only for the recommended period of time. Do not keep it longer to make the teeth whiter.
- Use a paste that is meant for sensitive teeth. The potassium nitrate in these will help relieve sensitivity.
- Use a product with fluoride so that the teeth can remineralize. This can be used before and after tooth whitening for up to 4 minutes.
It is advisable to avoid tooth whitening in some cases like the following:
- Breast feeding
- Ceramic crowns or bridges in the front teeth - these cannot be bleached
- Gingival disease with gum recession and exposed root - the sensitivity is sure to quite high
To avail the best results, always use clinically proven products under the supervision of a dentist.
I have a dental problem which is paining very much due to having sweet food but I have also done root canal but still not recovered.
Hi, My teeth become yellow but I brush everyday 2 tym one tym in morning or one tym at night bt my teeth becomes yellow what can I do to get a white and shinier teeth.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.