Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarju VasuYour feedback matters!
Do you still want to take the chance?
My husband is 33 years old. He has tightness in jaws and head as well as anxiety since 2011 july after bee sting in neck. We consult many doctors but they told us that nothing happened due to bee sting. Please suggest what we should do ?
Your dentist will give you instructions on what to do at home, before you leave the surgery, following an extraction. It is important that you closely follow any tooth extraction aftercare instructions that the dentist gives you.
The advice is aimed at reducing any problems that may occur after the treatment, i.E. Giving you the best chance of an uncomplicated recovery. Pain and bleeding are the two main possible problems which need to be controlled.
From my gem blood is coming and I can't able to chew hard things. Even my teeth are not well arranged. Please let me know what to do.
My last teeth is badly paining, I went to doctor, they said new teeth is coming we need to remove it, is it true? We need to remove the teeth?
I have a severe toothache and a cavity, it pains alot and it is mostly nocturnal, what do I do? Please help.
There is a tingling sensation in my teeth and gums since 3 days. It's not painful. I don't feel it when am seriously on some work but when am idle, it is bothering me a lot. I just can't stop poking it. What do I do? What's the cause of this tingling?
I have problems about my teeth. Sometimes its bleeding through my gums. There is yellow layer on my teeth. I used brush and paste. Sensitivity are also the main problem. What will I do.
I do brush twice a day but I think this doesn't suits me. When I do brush than bleedings comes out from my gums. What are the remedies you can suggest?
I'm suffering from mouth ulcers since 3 years. I have consulted many doctors they told Vitamin b deficiency and I have used many medicines and ointments. But they show results at that specific point of time. But I'm unable to get rid of these permanently. These mouth ulcers occur frequently every month. May I know what is the reason for this? Due to this I'm not able to eat anything? So please kindly help me to get rid of this disease. Please give me the permanent solution and prevention measures for these mouth ulcers.
I am having no pain still my dentist said that there is deep decay in my 2 molars and I have to go for root canal and they said it will took 5 sittings. Is this correct as I read it somewhere that it only takes one sitting? Also, what is the charge of root canal along with capping in India?
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.