Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saphal ShettyYour feedback matters!
I am 25, does wisdom teeth should be removed? I have two wisdom teeth fully. And two are coming. I consulted a doctor he said that there is sufficient space for tooth so no problem. So can I leave it or should I have to cut those teeth?
When my gums hurted it's starting to bleed. When I brush and brush touch my gums it's starting to bleed. What shouldn't and should I do? Give me some home remedy tips and suggest some medicines.
Hello. I am Abdul residing at calicut itself. I am suffering with big cavity and not structure for root canal or to take out teeth. When I approach a Dr, one year ago, they tried to take out but I knocked out on the spot. I am really afraid pain. Would you please suggest me how can Take off my teeth and where is the good place and Dr. To consult me. I am kindly looking forward from you. Thanks.
I am not able to open mouth wide due to tobacco chewing habit from last five now what should I do for open my mouth normally?
I am 27 years male, my teeth broken easily when chewing roti and I have cavity problem. I already finish capping in my left side chewing teeth by completing root-canal. How to take care after this and by using which thing I got anti-cavity protection in my teeth.
I have a root canal where treatment has taken place pus has reappeared doctor prescribed mox650 pain though reduced still exist tired of antibiotics if you can help with a homeopathy substitute root canal can not be opened again pus needs to dry internally pain is worse on sleeping homeopathy to dry puss inflammation and pain reduced after antibiotics.
My mother feels severe sensitivity and ache in her lower molar teeth (2nd one). The dentist found a slight brackishness in the X-Ray of her tooth but said there was no major problem. My mother still got her Root Canal done and to the dentist's surprise, there was no blood after the procedure. What does this indicate? The tooth is not dead also. Her pain has not alleviated even after Root Canal. What could this possibly be? Does this indicate a problem other than a root/tooth problem? She is 51 years old.
Hi Dr. My teeth are yellow and light brown plauge in them or they are looking bad please guide. What should I do?
We helped this patient to transform her smiles using latest lithium disilicate materials using minimally invasive dentistry.
I am 26 year old, I have pyaria problem. Most of the times my gums bleeding. Also my teeth color is also gone yellow. What should I do.
My son is 4.5 years old, he often gets mouth ulcer, his diet doesn't include any spicy dish still he gets mouth ulcer often. I give him spinach weekly once or twice and he takes veggies and dhal rice daily and also fruits. Pls advice.
Very bad smell is coming from my mouth so how can I stop it please give me some treatment ideas to to prevent it.
I am suffering from mouth ulcer and have tried ointments but no effect yet I am not sure what else can I do can you please help me. I'm suffering from this disease since 6years.
Hello sir I am 28 age my problem is bad breath and washroom smell I had treatment at dental and normal hospital but my problem is not solved.
My gums are bleeding from some days during brush. Will you suggest me any home remedy to get rid of this?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.