Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
What should I do to stop my hair fall I am 20 year old and I gave notice significant hair fall since last 1 year. Please suggest me treatment to stop hair fall and hair gain Thank you Amar Agarwal.
Hey frnd I got a lot of pimples on my whole face and after some time they left a mark on the face and now I looks very ugly. So can you give some solution of this . I also changed my facewash but seems like as that.
I am 26 years and having black spots after pimples. So please help me how remove or cleanup them. Plz.
My skin is oily and my face color is brown. And I want to be fair and handsome. Can you suggest me some soap&cream. Thankyou.
I have so much pimple and marks on my face, I want pimple and marks free face. What can I do for a clear and marks free face.
Hair loss or Alopecia areata is a condition characterized by loss of hair from the scalp and other parts of the body that have hair over a prolonged period of time. Recent research states that losing 100 strands of hair a day is normal. But anything in excess indicates that you might be suffering from this embarrassing condition. Experiencing recurring episodes of hair loss can end up affecting one’s self-confidence, and hence, any sphere of his personal life as well.
What causes hair loss?
- Over 95% of hair loss occurs due to hereditary factors coming into play. A family history of this condition can exacerbate one’s risks of developing the condition.
- Hair loss can also occur if you have been exposed to increased stress levels of late. Temporary hair loss is also observed in people suffering from mental stress or trauma resulting from an incident, may be the death of a loved one or any other incident that might have brought on shock and stress on the concerned person.
- Hair loss can also result from chemotherapy or radiation therapy. Also, certain medications used to combat cancer, depression, heart disorder, birth control and arthritis (know more about arthritis problem) might also result in significant loss of hair.
- Hair loss can occur as a result of thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
- Hair loss might also be the result of an auto-immune disorder known as ‘Alopecia Areata’ that results in bald spot formation around the scalp, beard, and eyebrows.
- Trichotillomania (a mental condition wherein a person pulls out hair from the scalp, almost unconsciously) can lead to hair loss as well.
- Hair loss can also occur as a result of excessive experimentation with your hair. This can include using permanent hair straightening devices, developing curls or tight braids, ponytails, etc.
- Hormonal imbalances or change, noticeable mostly during pregnancy or at the onset of menopause can be triggers of hair loss as well.
- Ringworm infection can also result in hair loss by damaging the skin of the scalp and hair. However, hair loss tends to get better once the infection is treated.
I have black spot on my face. I used scar removal cream for 8 month but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Hello Sir, I am losing my hairs very fastly When I have bath then many much hairs come on my hand. Pls tell me any solution.
I am 23 years old girl. I am getting pimples since one year and not at all going even spots are their.
I am 23 year old male and I have blackheads on my thighs and buttocks what should I do? furthermore, I have one big pimple type spot just in the middle upperside to my buttocks and sometime it get full of puss type blood and then get socked after 2-3 days. Is this is major thing?
I am 43 years old male. My problem is that there are many little little pimple type "diane" on my nose sides with the full of mucus, which causes very irritate to me. Kindly advice right treatment for my problem.
Even though I know I shouldn't, I scratched open a wound in my face each time, but now it doesn't heal. When I scratch it now, a lot of clear fluid comes out and when I let it be there comes a crust on it that doesn't seem normal and doesn't look nice. Could it be that it is infected? If so what do I do and what is the fastest way to let it heal? Last of all, I have Calendulan here, could that help?
My age is 29 . I had pimples . After test I came to knw I have cyst problem. After 3 months of dose. Without any test . Doc told me to discontinue d medicine. I want to know how cyst problem can effect me and what is solution for this.
How can I reduce my extra fat on my stomach try my best from exercises to reduce it but no result is their, n I operated with gynecomastia.
Hair loss may happen due to a variety of reasons including hereditary issues as well as aging and skin or scalp problems. A poor diet and inappropriate lifestyle choices like excessive drinking and smoking can also lead to hair loss. Many people also experience hair loss due to hormonal changes. Also, hair loss may happen as a side effect of certain types of medication as well as surgery related to cancer, which includes chemotherapy. Yet, genetic reasons for hair loss remain the most common cause when it comes to both men and women. Cosmetic procedures can often be used to fix severe hair loss issues. Know more about Healthy Skin.
Here is a list of cosmetic procedures available for the same:
- Hair Transplant: This procedure is also known as hair grafting and is often used to treat male pattern balding. This is an outpatient and relatively uncomplicated procedure that can be conducted at the clinic of a dermatologist surgeon. The process consists of the application of micro grafts where one or two hair can be contained in each graft. Strip grafts containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can also be applied in such a procedure. The doctor will usually administer local anaesthesia into the scalp so as to ensure that the patient feels minimum discomfort during the procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: In this procedure, the dermatologist surgeon will usually remove the skin which is not bearing hair any longer. The rest of the skin that is capable of growing hair will then be stretched across the scalp so that the bald area can be eliminated. This stretching action is done by loosening the skin of the surrounding area once the non-hair-bearing skin has been removed. In this method too, the doctor will first administer local anaesthesia.
- Flap Surgery: In this kind of surgery, the doctor will remove a section of the bald area and replace it with a flap of skin that is capable of sprouting hair. This hair bearing skin flap is positioned properly before being stitched into place during the surgery. While this is a challenging procedure, one will see immediate results as the remaining skin is still connected to the original blood supply that will promote hair growth for the flap as well.
- Laser Assisted Grafting: While there are many kinds of hair grafting techniques, laser assisted grafting is one of the most commonly used ones in today's day and age. Before the surgery, the doctor will prepare the area by trimming the donor area. This will allow easy application of and access to the grafts. Site holes will be closed with stitches which will in turn, be concealed with the hair that surrounds the area.