Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SanthoshYour feedback matters!
I am having heavy hairfall from last 3 years. Patterned baldness also appearing. I am just 21 now. My scalp is too itchy and white layer appears on it. My hair is always full of dandruff after applying shampoo also. What should I do?
1. I am having hair fall and getting bald slowly. My age is 22 years. 2. I want to grow my height naturally what should I do?
I am having black spots in my back and arms. These are acne types with no irritation. Bt spots all over the area. How to get rid of that?
I am 30 year old, I am going to get marry in next few months, but my face not too attractive due to there many marks of pimple and dark circle below the eye. Please I need help.
Hi. I am 19 years old. My question is -- in 14 years I was very thin so I take practice, it increases my weight temporary and acne comes then I talk with doctor then acne stopped but now a day the scar and acne marks has not gone and also pimples comes regularly after interval of few days. And I want to remove acne marks without drying skin fast. Give me name of medicine ,cream etc. Thanks.
Sir, my face is very oily. In the period between the nose and the eye is stained and the light is Rona. The size of the open pores of the face is also grown significantly. please help me.
Doctor I want to know the uses of h1 oilmnt nd skin glow please tblt please please please and also uses of making fairness cream is good or wrong ?
On my mouth more pimples will come out I have already used facewash specially for pimples but no result came how can I remove pimples from my face.
I want to know about the side effects of hair fixing i. E, when a wig or called as system is glued to the bald portion of the head with silicon gum. Please provide details. I dnt want to know about any medical procedure. So kindly provide appropriate ans regarding hair fixing only. Thank you.
Moles are a common form of growth or formation on your skin that appear often in the form of small, black spots. They can develop anywhere on the body. They usually occur during adolescence or childhood and with the passage of time, they may change colour. Moles are a type of skin growth, which usually do not go away with time.
On the other hand, freckles are often described as round, flat, dark colour spots which vary in size from about 2mm to 4mm. They may result from pigment precipitation in one particular area as the skin that surrounds the dark spot is comparatively lighter in shade. Being sensitive to the sun’s ultra violet rays, freckles become more noticeable during or after sunlight exposure. Although freckles are usually found in areas which are not covered from the sun’s exposure, they could also occur anywhere on your body.
What causes them?
Moles are caused due to certain skin cells, known as melanocytes, grow in a very close group instead of being evenly and normally spread across the skin. Moles that occur during birth are called congenital nevi and their chances of occurring are around 1 in a 100. These moles are more prone to develop into skin cancer (melanoma) in later stages of life.
Freckles on the other hand are
- Genetically transferred, so the chance of you becoming affected are higher, if any of your parents have it.
- If there’s a prolonged exposure to the sunrays, then freckles may appear on your skin and they become even more prominent on a fair skin. Since the presence of melanin is less in people with fair skin the sunlight exposure causes these dark spots to surface easily
- Hormonal imbalances could be yet another reason for freckles to appear as estrogen could be over-stimulate cells that produce pigment and thus become more prominent in the presence of sunlight.
- Rare disorders like Xeroderma Pigmentosum (a condition leading to extreme light sensitivity and also skin cancer in certain cases) can make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays, thus resulting in freckles.
Treatment of moles and freckles
- Laser Treatment: There are different types of lasers which are absolutely safe and can help reduce or lighten these dark spots effectively.
- Cryosurgery: The physician would use a light freeze in conjunction with liquid nitrogen to reduce the spots of freckles. However, not every spot responds to this kind of treatment.
- Retinoids: Mostly used with a combination of other bleaching creams, retinoids help reduce freckles when used continuously for a couple of months.