Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep JainYour feedback matters!
From past few days her left breast is having sensation like air bubble bursting kinda. When this is happening there is a pain kinda sensation. please help.
I have a cyst development in my armpits which resurfaces every 2-3 months. It is a hereditary problem in my family. Is it cancerous? Also I have cyst in my fallopian tubes. Would it affect my pregnancy and if so then what should I do to prevent it from affecting my pregnancy. Thank you.
Hello. My dad is suffering from Gallbladder Cancer which is on last stage. He is not been able to eat anything. He is very weak and only taking liquids. Digestion power is very low. Whatever he take just vomit after sometime. Can you please suggest what should we do? I am week financially. Please help me. I can't see him like this.
I am aged 60 suffering from prostrate expansion since one year. I am not a sugar patient. I have burning sensation at sexual life. No other symptoms on urine passage. Suggest precautions.
Enlarged prostate surgery is a very common type of surgery that many have to undergo nowadays. An enlarged prostate causes many health problems including urinary tract obstructions and urinary tract infections. It may also lead to the passing of blood via urine. Thus, enlarged prostate must be treated as soon as possible as neglect may lead to prostate cancer and its associated health issues. There are various types of prostate surgeries that a doctor performs on his/her patients. However, of late, radical prostatectomy is the most popular of them all.
What is Radical Prostatectomy?
This process can be handled in two ways. Firstly, the prostate can be reached through an incision in the abdomen. This would help the doctor work with precision and carefully avoid all the other nerves and muscles in the area the operation take places. The prostate is examined and any nodule or lymph formed over it is carefully removed. The advantage of this surgery is that the patient is less likely to suffer from any erectile problems post- surgery. The second option would be to make an incision between the scrotum and the anus. This process is best for those who are obese. The surgery is performed quickly and there is less loss of blood. Furthermore, the healing time is less too.
How To Recover From The Surgery?
Like most other prostate operations, even in radical prostatectomy, you would have to wear a catheter till you recover completely. For a few days post the surgery your urine would be collected through a urine bag attached to the catheter. One might feel a little sore in his/her genitals after the surgery, but that is quite normal to occur. The soreness is caused due to the surgery and the incisions made and would heal in a matter of a few days. Interestingly, since the urethra plays an important role in this surgery, the catheter has to be in place for at least two to three weeks but the patient can be discharged after a two to three night stay at the hospital. It is advised that the patient takes ample rest. But this does not mean all rest and no work. In fact, it is seen that patients can walk a little and even go back to a normal diet within a week to ten days of the operation. But regular checkups, till the urethra is healed, are compulsory.
Hence, these are some of the recovery procedures after an enlarged prostate surgery. Such surgeries are quite common and heal quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor, my grandpa having throat cancer, last month surgery also done. But now hole mouth heated with some equipment and it gets spoiled. Only liquid foods via nose tube. Say any permanent solution.
Cancer is becoming the disease of modern times as with changing lifestyles, more and more people are developing this disease. Research has shown up multiple options, but these options are not without side effects. Cases of immunosuppression, weight loss, hair loss, etc., are just a few of them. Therefore, there is constant work being done to identify alternate methods of arresting cancer and preventing it.
While these alternate methods do not help in curing cancer, they definitely help in managing the signs and symptoms of cancer. This makes a lot of sense as even with conventional treatments, beyond a certain point, chemotherapy only helps in palliation and is not a complete cure.
- Acupuncture: This practice of inserting needles at specific points in the body helps in relieving nausea caused by cancer and also helps improve pain to a large extent. However, this should not be used in people who are on anticoagulants and have poor platelet count. Getting an experienced person to do it is also very essential.
- Exercise: The chronic fatigue, which sets in with cancer, can be greatly reduced by regular exercise. Talk to a private physician to identify what would work for you, taking into account overall status and plan accordingly. This will also improve sleep patterns and your overall quality of life.
- Hypnosis: For extreme stress and anxiety induced by cancer, hypnosis is a good option. It helps calm the mind and soothes the body to relax completely. It also helps in reducing the nausea and vomiting that is often associated with chemotherapy.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda has multiple proven substances, which are known to detox the system and control cancer growth cells.
- Massage: Superficial and deep massage have definite benefits in chemotherapy. This relieves the muscle tension and stress associated with chemotherapy. Specific conditions like bone condition, pain type, etc., have to be taken into account before planning for this. Also invest in a good experience personnel to do this, as wrong hands may cause more damage.
- Meditation: The deep breathing and relaxation that happens with meditation helps control stress and anxiety in people with cancer. The advantage is that it can be done by the person at any time, anywhere, without investing in any equipment.
- Yoga: By combining body movements with relaxation techniques, yoga does wonders for the body. It improves agility, improves mental alertness, controls anxiety, improves metabolism, and is an effective detoxification method. A good yoga instructor can help in designing the right program to get the maximum benefits.
- Music therapy: Whether it is simple listening to music, writing songs, or playing an instrument, music has its healing powers. Having a group also helps as a form of supportive therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.