Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
I brush my teeth regularly twice a day but the colour remains yellowish, what can I do to whiten my teeth?
Hi Drs, I have Dark gums upper and lower, it looks bad when I smile. Any remedy to get normal pink gums. I visited one dentist he suggested laser treatment but I would like to go with some natural way since he told me after treatment they will again appear after few months or a year. Please suggest me.
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
About a year back I got done full mouth rehabilitation, in two left molar teeth and crown was fixed on remaining teeth. However, in one tooth, there was some infection, and on that crown was fitted later. Since then I have been feeling discomfort I my mouth, as I feel some liquid substance is oozing out from some where, which covers my entire mouth especially teeth, gums and left side of tongue. I checked up with dentist, who cleaned my teeth and for some time there was relief. He also advised me to take A to Z vitamins, which I have been taking. I brush my teeth and tongue in morning and night. This problem aggravates more in the morning. My tongue become numb and I feel alkaline sensation in my mouth. Several visits to dentists failed to cure the problem. My valve replacement took place in 2002 and I take anti Acitrom 1/2 mg. I am 61 years male having diabaties for last 10 years. I am also a smoker. Doctor pl advise me.
I have just a little black line just at the corner attached to gums on my teeth. Not getting disappear. What should I do to remove it from teeth and to prevent other teeth also from it.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
I have a tendency of swallowing saliva all the time and this kinda makes me uncomfortable when I'm among a group of people and if they are watching me swallow saliva. Is it normal to swallow saliva continuously and is it ok to swallow saliva when other people are watching us?
Causes of an infected pulp could include:
• a deep cavity
• repeated dental procedures
• a cracked or broken tooth
• injury to the tooth (even if there’s not a visible crack or chip)
If you continue to care for your teeth and gums your restored tooth could last a lifetime. However, regular checkups are necessary; a tooth without its nerve can still develop cavities or gum disease. Most of the time, a root canal is a relatively simple procedure with little or no discomfort involving one to three visits. Best of all, it can save your tooth and your smile.