Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sameera KhanYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife is having lots of misunderstandings. and she approached police too her family also listening to her only didn't even approached me. Police people called me twice to council. and my wife is at her mom's home for last two months til date. Now I'm trying to contact her still she is ignoring me. Please advise.
1) Very low urine force 2) Strain type of Pain below the ribs from front to back side complete 3) Weak body,Joint Pain 4) Losing health(Under Weight) 5) Age 30 yrs,Male, 55kgs
I have a fear of haircuts, I can't get one and can't see others having the same. The feeling of water sprayed or someone touching or combing my hair terrifies me. I got my last one around 11 years back. I don't lik people around me saying about the health or personal problem of girls. These things depress me alot and make me go cry. Whensoever some speaks it makes an awkward feeling in my body. What can I do? These things are dominating my life .I don't think if I will ever be able to marry in my life. I can't tell my parents or anyone about this. I have fear .I fear. I need help if some body can help in the treatment.
I lost my close friend last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
1 What diseases are due to alcohol consumption? 2 What are the effects of alcohol on the unborn child/fetus? 3 What are the health benefits of alcohol consumption? 4 How are depression and alcohol consumption linked? 5 In what ways can alcohol consumption lead to physical injuries? 6 What is the overall health burden of alcohol consumption?
There is a sense of anxiety that is gripping me for a past week. The source of it is sheer happiness. What shall I do to calm myself down?
I am 30 year old male, suffering from depression for a long time? I have tried medications twice before but did not get the positive results, now I have again started medication from last month, still not feeling up to the mark. Can anyone suggest me what else can I do for depression.
I am don't feel like getting physical with my wife. I want to have sex with other woman. Even I feel like having sex with my sister in law. I have been masturbating thinking of her. Please let me know how I could get out of it. My wife is about to deliver a kid in few days but my thoughts for my sister in law is getting stronger n stronger. Need help.
I was under treatment of Psychiatrist for treatment of depression, have taken Rexipra 10 Mg. For 3 months in morning and then Mitraz 7.5 Mg Oleanz 5 Mg. For almost 5 months. From my own, I stopped the medicine and after giving gap I started again as and when required. Now I am feeling very low, weak and depressed, always having stress, can understand that it if side effects of leaving medicine. I request you to help me out to come out from side effects of benzodiazepine medicine safely..
I am a 23 year old girl always feel alone and depressed. I always want to get noticed by a number of guys. I want to be a cynosure among boys as I am good looking. I am presently in a relationship but still I find something missing. I love him and he loves me a lot but I still want other boys care for me. And when I don't get that I feel very much depressed and alone. I cannot concentrate on my studies and always feeling bored, unhappy and alone. Please help me. Please what should I do?
I am a chain smoker but I don't face problems like suffocation, chest pain etc etc. But before the beginning of winter I have this problem. Specially just after I wake up in the morning. Why is this happening? What is the solution? I want to quit smoking. But I don't have that will power. Is there any medicine present which can help me?
My voice is heavy it create some time problem to me. I do not get selected sometime in interview because of this. How can I make my voice tune sweet?
I am 27 years old mother of a twins kids I am mentally feeling so much stressed and cannot control my emotions. Is there any remedy for my problem.
I am 21 years old. I have a brother. I share everything with him. I like him very much. He if went to some place I feel very bad. I feel that i am lonely without him. I am so much addicted to him. I am very depressed. He is going to marry in 6 months. I am getting fear that I can not live without him. I am so depressed. Please help me what can I do? Some time i am feeling that I can not live without him what can do? I want to live happily even if he is far away with me.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!