Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SabhaYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 55 years old I am suffering from mouth ulcer, infection since last 3 months I had consult with ent. Dr. They have given me hexagel ointment, Gumex, n some vitamin tabs but I am not filling good. Pl advise me what to do or prescribe some a/biotic medicines to overcome the problem please. Expecting your early reply.
I am suffering from tooth ache when I eat sweets & I feel really very severe pain is there any cure.
I'm 20 year old. Every morning when I brush teeth my gums start bleeding. How to treat this by myself?
Dear doc my mother's teeth are getting lose and falling. No plaques or cavities. Her age is 50 plus. Due to many other health related issues, her dental appointment is getting delayed. Kindly advise remedies/tips to strengthen gums and prevent tooth fall before meeting dentist. Sugest best tooth paste to strengthen gums. Thank you.
Having a bad breath smell is considered a social stigma. Also known as halitosis, it refers to the unpleasant odor that can be sensed when the affected person opens his/her mouth. When in the company of a person with bad breath smell, many people tend to cover their nose. The most frequent cause for this malady is the bacterial growth in the mouth. So, you need to find ways of avoiding the accumulation of bad bacteria in your mouth in order to eliminate bad breath. A very common cause that encourages bacterial growth is having a dry mouth.
The treatment for bad breath varies from oral hygiene, to avoiding certain kinds of foods, particularly those causing a reduction in the production of saliva. Some helpful ways of treating bad breath are mentioned below. You'll also discover the reasons that make them effective.
1. Brush your teeth, followed by gargling, at the end of each meal: it helps eliminating the food particles that may be left in your mouth. These tiny particles can cause a foul smell as they start decaying.
2. Scrap the tongue: your tongue has millions of infinitesimal hairs, where bacteria gets trapped and causes bad breath. You can recognize the presence of bacteria on your tongue as it gets coated with a white layer.
3. Chewing sugar-free gum encourages the flow of saliva, while a dry mouth encourages the growth of bacteria. So, if you keep your mouth hydrated, the bacterial growth is eliminated or restricted.
4. Visit your dentist periodically: your dentist can discover if any gum problems or perhaps a decayed tooth are the cause of bad odor. For instance, that filling in your tooth may have cracked, or it might be inefficiently positioned, allowing food particles to get deposited there, resulting to a bad breath.
5. Avoid mouthwashes and breath fresheners that contain alcohol: though such formulations help masking bad odors for a while, they also dry the mouth quickly, and thus facilitate undesired bacterial growth.
6. Apply peppermint oil: this solution may be applied with or even without using a toothbrush. It has mouth refreshing properties, and it helps killing unwanted bacteria.
7. Use baking soda: a proven treatment for bad breath is brushing your teeth with baking soda. It also helps keeping a good oral health.
8. Consume leafy green vegetables: many people are not aware that chlorophyll, as available in leafy green vegetables, helps keeping your breath fresh all the time. So, start eating such vegetables regularly.
9. Avoid certain foods: toxic foods, such as spicy meats and certain varieties of cheese, including blue and Camembert, should be avoided, as they encourage the formation of gases in the stomach, and these tend to escape through the mouth, causing a foul smell.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.