Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S TandonYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old female I got married 1 year ago I recently consulted doctor regarding not getting pregnancy under the suggestion from my parents doctor told that there is no need of using tablets and she had given me to use vito dha tablets whether it is necessary for me if yes why if not why tell me detailed answer regarding this one. If there is any problem for me if I use that tablet and she had given me syrup named EVECare syrup to take 6spoons daily for 1 month is it necessary why if not why tell me answer in detail please.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.
Hi .I'm 7 weeks pregnant. foetal cardiac activity is 100-110 bpm. Is this heart rate is normal. Please tell me. Thank you.
Hello Doctor, I am married for 2.5 years and came to know that I have pcod my doctor has prescribed normoz twice a day. My cycle is regular but was not able to conceive for the last 6 months can you help me with your suggestion.
Is the periods of girl can be shifted after eating an ipill? If yes in how many days the periods will occur. Is there any chances of pregnant if it will not occurs?
I just want to know how much Rh factor is important for child birth. Can a husband having B blood group and wife having A- blood group. Kindly tell me what complications can arise during Pregnancy and child and wife face any problem kindly Solve Respected Doctors.
I was getting intimate with my boyfriend we were highly wet. His penis rubbed my clit for about a minute but then removed it. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant? If yes then please suggest a contraceptive pill or another safety measure to prevent pregnancy and also suggest how to take it.
Hai I am female I suffering with pcod. My egg is not developing. It is 8 mm. I hav irregular periods. Wit tablets only I hav period. My weight is 72. My height 5.2. Is it possible to get present. With dis problem. Pls help me. I am 25 year old. Married 2012 Nov.
In july 18 th had my period, in august 2nd I had sex, in august 12 th I had my period its september 16 th still I have not my period is it is possibilities to get pregnancy.
Hi, My sister is married. Before 2 years ago she get married. But up to now haven't get child. She is suffering from uterine tumors. Give solution pls?
I have PCOD. Taking inositol, tamoxifen for ovulation induction. On day 22nd I went for ultrasound and found one 19 mm follicle. Z it possible dat it wil not rupture? I believed dat a mature follicle will definitely rupture. Wat r d chances of ovulation taking place?
Besides plenty of protein sources available in the market, egg comes in first in biological value and the cheapest source.
Egg is a powerhouse of nutrition, packed with high biological value protein containing all 9 essential amino acids and more than 13 different vitamins and minerals. A medium egg not only contains 6gms of protein but also Vitamin A, B5, B12, B2, Folate, Phosphorus, selenium, decent amounts of Vitamin D, E, K, B6, Calcium, and Zinc.
BV is a measure of the ability of protein present in food to be absorbed and utilised by the human body for protein synthesis.
Eggs are also a rich supply of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. These are predominantly in the form of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which helps with the maintenance of brain function and normal vision. It helps in healthy baby development during pregnancy, healthy skin and hair.
The protein and fat in eggs help sustain your energy levels, keeping you satisfied for longer and assists weight loss.
I am afraid, I feel I am lacking libido. I am 19 years old and I am not getting any sexual feelings since 1 year or more. In this age people normally have erotic thoughts but I never think and never have such feelings. There is no fluid secretion from vagina also but I get my periods regularly. Am I over thinking or is my problem serious?
Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Never be angry at the same time. If your partner is angry, try to maintain calm and put forth your point when he/ she is in a better mood.
2. Prove your point, but with love. You can make your partner understand your side of the argument with affection.
3. Tell one good thing to your partner everyday. And believe it or not, it makes a lot of difference.
4. Find time to flirt with your partner. It will definitely help.
5. Don't discuss a third person in your bed room. Keep all such discussions for your breakfast
6. Give a helping hand to your partner when he or she is under work pressure and heavy stress.
7. Go on a holiday together at least twice a year. And please do not be the good angle to include anyone else along.
8. Don't dig the past. It is a bad habit to keep reminding your partner of his/her past mistakes. Understand that it really hurts.
9. Don't sleep unless you resolve a fight. Whatever the issue may be. A calm discussion and some show of love and affection can always bring an amicable solution.
10. Be understanding. It is the key to any relationship. Be the person before whom your partner can be most relaxed and natural. Love without being judgmental. It works!
My cousin is in serious relationship with her hubby. But she do not love to do sex with him. She tell me to fuck her and I fucked her 2 time a day without condom and she loves that her problem is that she discharge sum white liquid type when she sit alone or traveling.
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Past seven months my daughter is suffering from heavy periods continuously. Latest ultrasound suggests enlarged ovaries and pcod. She has been suffering heavy and irregular periods since last 10 years which could only be stopped with hormonal help. Previous reports suggested small fibroids and endometrial hyperplasia. She has taken ayurvedic treatment from last one year. Latest report is not mentioning fibroid or endometrial hyperplasia but bleeding is continuing. We do want to go for allopathy treatment. Ayurvedic doctor suggested amycordial+amreeplus for this. What should she do kindly suggest? KINDLY DONT UPLOAD THIS ON WEBSITE.
I want to know. During pregnancy of 9 months. Kitne time tak husband wife's intercourse nhi kar sakti. .or securely kab kr skte he?
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.