Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. S NagalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Menstruation is the monthly discharge of blood from the vagina, which lasts for about 5 to 6 days. It is the shedding of the inner lining of the uterus, when pregnancy does not occur after the release of egg from the ovary. Menstrual periods are generally often accompanied by painful cramps in the lower abdomen, heavy bleeding, weakness, water retention, irritability and malaise.
What is Menorrhagia?
Very heavy or prolonged periods are medically termed as menorrhagia. It is abnormally heavy bleeding if there is a requirement to change sanitary napkins or tampons several times within a very short span of time. Passing large blood clots, night time bleeding, bleeding for over 7 -8 days, are other symptoms that one might be suffering from menorrhagia.
Common Causes Behind It
Heavy menstrual bleeding can be a result of hormonal imbalance.
Fibroids, cysts or polyps in the organs of the reproductive system, which includes the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
History of miscarriage or failed pregnancies.
Use of Intrauterine contraceptive devices can sometimes lead to heavy and prolonged bleeding during periods.
Infections of uterine lining can also lead to heavy and abnormal bleeding.
How can you treat heavy bleeding during menses
Change of diet: You must include more minerals, iron, magnesium and calcium in your diet. Your diet must comprise a lot of green vegetables, fresh fruits and dairy products.
Some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen may be prescribed to reduce the blood loss.
Certain hormonal therapies to regulate the hormonal imbalances and menstrual irregularities.
Home remedies such as intake of certain herbs, ginger and coriander seeds help to control heavy bleeding.
Increasing magnesium intake to balance out levels of oestrogen.
It is best to stick to natural remedies, as it generally does not create complications in other bodily functions.
How you can treat Menorrhagia:
Menorrhagia can be managed with natural remedies as mentioned here but sometimes, the bleeding may not respond to such modifications & then you need to consult a Gynaecologist to find the exact cause and treatment for the heavy bleeding. Usually, the first line medication is a NSAID, which is a non-hormonal medication and needs to be taken during periods only. Other medications that may be used are hormonal tablets and other options which are best decided by a Gynaecologist.
If the bleeding cannot be controlled even after a change of diet and home remedies, you must consult the gynaecologist as soon as possible. Heavy bleeding is a serious problem, especially if accompanied by dizziness, fluctuations in the blood pressure, nausea and weight loss. Severe cramps and constant bleeding can hinder daily routine, therefore, the earlier you receive medical attention, the quicker you will get relief.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For any couple, a honeymoon is a great time to bond, have some of their first memories together and to take their marriage to the next level by consummating it. This is the time many couples see and feel each other not just emotionally, but physically as well that is in a sexual manner. While it can be exhilarating, a lack of knowledge can actually be nerve wracking and the first time expectation and anxiety may ruin your experience. You can even go for a honeymoon package. Here are a few tips to help you handle your honeymoon smoothly.
Sex tip for first timers
As is the case with many couples, the honeymoon may be the first night time two people consummate or have sex with each other or has sex altogether for the first time. Some of the important things you need to remember before having sex for the first time is mentioned below
- Don’t have high expectations: Remember, it may be the first time when you and your partner are getting intimate and thus, some inhibitions are bound to come up. Think of this first time as a foray into something new rather than expecting to have great sex from the get go. Also, don’t pressure each other into being able to do certain things as it will make things awkward. Think of it as a first time experience and let the things come with the flow as they should.
- Go slow and experience the whole process rather than quickly getting into penetration: Always remember, sex is much more than just penile-vaginal intercourse and is the whole act of caressing, kissing, foreplay, build up, dirty talk and even the cuddling together afterwards. Go slowly and feel each other and let the tension build. Many couples make the mistake of trying to get straight into sex in excitement and thus miss out on a lot of slow sensual fun.
- Foreplay is the king: Women, more than men tend to get excited slower and thus foreplay is really important to them. As a man you need to be able to arouse your partner to a point where she is lubricated enough for insertion. First timers make this mistake a little too often. This is especially true during the honeymoon if the woman is experiencing sex for the first time. Thus the male partner should concentrate on foreplay to arouse the woman which will help in having a better experience during sex. Some of the same things mentioned here are applicable for men as well.
- Sensual kissing on the body, neck and cheeks
- Nibbling on the neck
- Playing with the breasts and then licking the nipples
- Kissing the belly and naval area
- Playing, caressing, kissing and nibbling the thighs
- Playing and caressing her back and buttocks
- Giving oral stimulation
- Vaginal Insertion: Both the partners should ensure that the woman is lubricated enough for insertion. If she isn’t then either more foreplay is required or you may need to use lubricants. Once penetration has taken place, go slowly with the thrusts and if anyone feels uncomfortable when it becomes harder and faster, stop and wait for a moment to re-adjust. Coming to orgasm isn’t the only end goal and thus pay attention to the experience as well.
Things to help you out
Although you may be on your honeymoon and in a monogamous relationship with your significant other, you still need to take some precautions for the best interest of both the partners. Some of these are mentioned below
- Use a condom to stop unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections. Also condoms help in delaying orgasm thus extending pleasure for both men and women.
- Lubes are your best friend as they help the women become wetter and also help in penetration as well as thrusting. However use water based lubricants as they have the lowest risk of allergic reactions.
- You can use natural aphrodisiacs such as avocados, chocolates, honey and oysters which can boost your libido. Stay away from alcohol and smoking as it impairs sexual performance and ability.
Some things to remember
- Anxiety about body or performance: For all men and women, especially first timers, sex can cause performance anxiety as well as shyness and aversion. This is due to self-consciousness arising out of body image issues. You should remember that the person opposite to you is there for the long run and thus wont judge you for what you are. Learn to love your body without being too judgemental about it. Also don’t judge your partner for their flaws as it will only hurt them and cause further aversion.
- Remember, this is real life not porn: Men, more than women tend to have their first glimpse and understanding about sex by watching pornography. This desensitizes them and makes them think that real sex should be performed in that manner. Porn is made for visual pleasure only. It doesn’t reflect how people can have great sex in real life within a monogamous relationship. Great sex between you and your partner will be unique and hence don’t try to copy or emulate pornography as it will only end in disappointment.
- Before honeymoon: Talk to your partner before honeymoon and raise the topic about sex. It can be a great tool for arousal, developing attraction as well as for breaking down inhibitions and barriers. Know what both of you may be comfortable with, willing to try certain fantasies of the other partners and what you would absolutely not be into. Setting these boundaries will help you get a realistic perspective of the sexual chemistry between you and your partner.
Following the tips mentioned above will help you have great and mutually pleasurable, satisfying sex. Preparation and understanding beforehand will help you add a spark to your honeymoon which may then continue to light the fires of passion for a long time in your marital life.
To a gynaecologist, Upto which month can we have sex during pregnancy? And is any'protection' required during that time?
I got abortion 6 months back due to no heartbeat of child. Last MC (29.6.16) then period missed on next month and pregnancy test was positive by using preganews kit but on 10.7.16 got excessive bleeding after checking through US its cleared .last MC 6.9.16 .now I am planning for pregnant again will it causes any harm please advice.
I am 30yrs. I had breast abscess. For d Dr. Recommeded antibiotic clavaon xr for 10day. After d I was operated for the abscess. N again I was given abtibiotic zofcetom injection for 5 days then cetil 500 for 8days n now also I am having macpod for last 7days. In the meanwhile I had periods yesterday but the flow is very very less. I want to know d whether it is due to antibiotic. Please help me.
What reason about baby girl 2 kg weight? And after birth three day can not come feeding and my baby has expired. Why it happen? I can eat very well during pregnancy but I lost my child.
Hi Sir, My last periods started on 25th Oct. And today on 19th Nov we had unprotected sex. But semen ejaculation after orgasm, was outside my vagina. Is there any chance I could get pregnant? My period are regular and lasts for 5 to 8 days. I am afraid of taking contraceptive pill because of side effects. Please suggest.
Hi doc, my problem is infertility, and my age is 27, my husband age is 32. Actually I have done chocolate cyst laparoscopy in sri lanka, 31 of July 2017, now am in india, I tried 4 cycle to get pregnant bt my period came, I consult a new doc, and she advised me to take this endosis 2 mg medicine for 9 months, am confused, I want to get pregnant, so please suggest me, can I conceive normally?
Is there any chance with Peron having UTI medical history can get gonorrhea ?at initially I thought it is caused due to STD but the partner doesn't have any problem and it's been more than a month even in case if the partner have gonorrhea by when we could recognize in men?
I and my gf oral sex. I insert finger in her vagina I think my finger has touch the sperm. We had oral sex after her period stop. Her periods was miss more than 2 month She take 5 regncy test in home it show negative .and had cramping since 20 days but not get period but last day she coming and get very little blood or little water blood .she is pregnant or not please help me sir.
Recently my period is over after 2 days I had sex after then I started bleeding during sex also I felt very burning should I use lube or whats wrong with me does pcod affect sex life? Does pcod cause bleeding after sex. please tell me
My menstrual circle is not correct. Some times it comes once in 3 months. What can I do for a healthier regular menstrual cycle? Pls advise me some medicines.
1. Do not squeeze or prick pimples it will worse causing scars
2. Try to avoid things that irritate your skin like greasy lotions oily make up face scrub or harsh soaps
3. People prone to pimples should not use bleach on their face. Keeping the face clean and diet healthy is the best remedy for treating pimples
4. In case of hormonal imbalance or postpartum consult a dermotologist for better and speedy treatment