Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Nagalakshmi
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. S NagalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Those two, small bean-shaped organs are indeed essential for a perfectly healthy life. To check if a person is dead or living, medical practitioners need to confirm response from three organs of the human body heart, brain and kidneys. Kidneys absorb impurities from the blood, thus, purifying it and lead to the production of urine. Urine is necessary to rid your system of body wastes. Kidneys play a key role in maintaining hormone balance. The presence of any factor that could impede free functioning of this organ should be diagnosed, treated and eliminated at the earliest possible. Kidney diseases and subsequent kidney failure see no age bar. It affects both young and old people. In case of younger folks, the symptoms take years to surface and thus the chances of a fatal outcome are even higher.
Causes of kidney failure at a tender age:
- Chain smoking is a trigger: Smokers suffer from a higher risk of kidney failure. Smoking is a bad habit that has engulfed almost ninety percent of young adults. Irrespective of awareness programs and warning messages, there are millions who smoke nonchalantly. Smoking is known to impair kidney function which again can have frightening implications.
- High blood pressure levels must be controlled: Since stress is a common phenomenon among most individuals high blood pressure is also prevalent among a majority of these individuals. Younger people suffer from high blood pressure due to workplace politics and familial tensions. High blood pressure should not be taken lightly. Exercising and regular medications should be opted for in order to counter the threat of kidney failure at a young age.
- If you are obese, you are stepping closer to the threat: If not optimal; being close to the optimal body weight is very necessary to keep health disorders in check. If you are obese, you are not safe; one must make efforts to lose weight or else face the alarming situation when his or her kidneys fail to function properly.
- Consumption of junk food can cause complications: Junk food is fatty. One must keep away from high-protein and high-fat diet. Food items rich in protein and fats can push you towards chronic kidney diseases.
- Genetics may discern the health of your kidneys: The incidence of kidney failure in your family history can make you prone to a similar condition. Extra care should be taken to avoid any such possibility. Regular health check-ups should be undertaken. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I was bleeding through urine my urine was red one whole day next day a little red amount of blood is visible today is 3 day its showing few drops of blood? I am worried is something serious.
Suggest me a cream for tightening the vagina? How should I tighten the vagina, any cream available for it?
She is suffering from right breast cancer 3 stage. She has completed chemo 6cycle then surgery. Also facing little bone cancer. Now she will refer for radiation therapy. please help. In guiding us for precautions for her nd family members. Thanx.
I am 28 tears old female. My period was due on 1st. But still it has not started. I have tested twice and it is showing negative. M planning since 5 months. M having abdominal pain and thigh pain as before due date. Can I still expect pregnancy. please help me. M very upset.
Hello Doctor, last week at night I was sleeping with my cousin brother his age only 10 years. While sleeping at midnight he started to remove my top and started to lick my breast. But I was unable to stop him as I was enjoying .then later he started to lick my vagina .so I got awake and stopped him .but at 3 am I was unable to control .and kissed him. Then he undressed me completely. And inserted his penis inside me and had hard sex with me . Once I rubbed his penis and observed that he is unable to cum .I think he is not matured yet. So im having sex with him daily. But today I sucked his penis . Suddenly I got mouthful of sperms in my mouth .now I'm confused will I get pregnant or not ?
Pregnancy is not simple as you think. IVF is a result of various factors acting together. The most important requirements for an IVF to be successful are a functional sperm, healthy egg and a uterus that has the capability for the embryo to get implanted in it. Although these are the biological factors, there are several other technical factors too that contribute to the success of IVF.
These include the use of proper techniques, a clean and proper environment in the lab and the quality of the specialist. Only when all these factors are perfect and unquestionable that IVF becomes successful. Here are some of the factors that lead to IVF failure.
Abnormalities in the egg: The human egg has a tendency to get destroyed with time. It is because in women, with age the spindle apparatus is damaged which leads to unequal distribution of the chromosomes in the egg. Thus the eggs become abnormal. Another reason is that the oocyte is very sensitive. It easily gets affected by the presence of free radicals. Even the presence of reactive species of oxygen can lead to a damage of the oocyte. Not only this, but other metabolic products also create the same effect on the oocyte thus producing a non-viable embryo. According to a research, a huge number of oocyte ranging from 25 to 40% usually get damaged.
Abnormalities in the sperm: The sperm has various characteristics that add to the success of the IVF. The first and foremost thing is the sperm has specific receptors at its head because of which they can bind to the egg. If the receptors are not present the action of binding would not be possible and the sperm would be unsuccessful to fertilize the egg. Even if the sperms have bound properly and have injected its contents into the egg, a chromosomal mixing takes place at this stage. This chromosomal mixing would not be possible if the sperm is abnormal. And it has been proven that sperms have a tendency of being more genetically abnormal than eggs.
The wrong Embryo being selected: Sometimes IVF ends up as a failure due to the selection of the wrong embryo. Medical science has still not developed to that range where it can distinguish between and abnormal and a normal embryo and due to this very reason the embryo selected may turn out to be abnormal leading to the failure of IVF.
Apart from what has been mentioned above, lab conditions do play a very important role. If the pH, humidity, and other factors like light are not up to the mark then IVF is bound to be a failure. Fertilization being such a delicate process can be influenced even by the slightest alterations. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.