Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S Ashok KumarYour feedback matters!
Actually I have some confusion please give me a suggestion- My question is that how much time taken for hiv to aids infection, after sex relation ship to one or more person. I was sex with more than 4-5 female before 9-10 years ago, but now no symptoms will see my body. So please suggest me. What can I do. Every time I have tension. So please help.
By seeing itc branding their ashirwad atta, I suggested my mother to make daily breads(roti) from multi grain flour. Is there any disadvantages/side effects of this and waht should be proportion of each grains?
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
Doctor, I am 31 years old married want a surrogate baby, but I am not very rich to afford high amount. Please advice me. Thank you
Sir period nhi aarha hai hmesa 28-aur 2 Ke bich aajata tha but is bar nhi aaya aane ke jesa fil ho rha h bt aa nhi rha koi problm ho sakti h kya.
I have pcos I am 19 years old and my height is 5 6 weight 62. Should I take vitamin c for periods. Will it work for me or it will have adverse effects.
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Are you thinking of undergoing an Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment for its various health benefits? In Panchakarma treatment, five procedures are undertaken for eliminating the vitalized doshas from the body. The five procedures form the basic types of Vasti. Vasti is considered to be the primary Panchakarma treatment and it refers to medicated enema. As the medicine reaches the bowels directly without any enzymatic actions, this therapy is very effective.
Types of Vasti
Vasti is carried out along with other Ayurvedic treatments in many cases. Vasti has a great healing capability and is considered to be the half treatment for many diseases. The treatment is primarily used for flushing out loosened doshas from the body via the intestinal tract. In Ayurveda, there are several types of Vasti or medicated enemas. Here is a list of the most common vastis in Ayurveda along with their various benefits:
- Uttara Vasti: Uttara Vasti or Urobasti is a herbal oil treatment therapy, which is used as a part of Panchakarma therapy for the treatment of muscular chest pain. Problems such as pain in the sternum, intense anxiety, chest pain and many others are cured by this form of vasti. It also helps in restoring normal skin elasticity.
- Kashaya Vasti: This is a type of vasti in which heat gets applied to a specific part of the body. It is done by retaining warm and medicated oils. A dam, made of herbal dough, gets built in the area which is affected and oil is poured. The oil is left there, which rejuvenates the body by easing the pain, swelling and tension. This therapy also helps in getting relief from acute and chronic back pain, lumbar spondylosis, sciatica, osteoporosis and a prolapsed disc. Sciatica pain is relieved and pain in intervertebral disc prolapsed is reduced as well. The nerves get stimulated, easing pain and numbness. This vasti is also prescribed for treating rheumatoid arthritis, lumbosacral strain and disc bulge.
- Sneha Vasti or oil enema: In Sneha Vasti, only medicated oils or ghrithams are used unlike in other vastis, where a combination of various ingredients with predominant decoctions are used.
Vasti treatment accounts for being the most effective Ayurvedic Panchakarma treatment. It helps in alleviating constipation, distention, chronic fever, sexual disorders, kidney stones, common cold, neck pain, backache, vomiting and acidity. There are more than 80 disorders which are related to Vata, many of which are treated with Vasti therapy. These may include sciatica, rheumatism, arthritis and gout.