Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rupakala.b.sYour feedback matters!
About a year ago my friend had an eye infection which had a white line on the eyeball and redness of eye. He consulted a Dr. and it was fine then after 6 months again same problem happened and again it was cured but now it happened after 3 months its reoccurring and happening frequently how can this be cured or any precautions to be taken for this ?
I am having irritation in my eyes like etching from the past five days. But my eyes are not red. It don't occur often. Is it a serious problem or normal. Please help me.
Dear sir, this is Vasu, I have a problem. That is the quantity of sperm released from my penny's is very low. I. E. 4 to 5 drops only, when I was meet wit my wife. Is it have any negative impact on fertility? Why because I got marriage 8 months back still my wife is having pregnancy. So pls kindly give solutions to have children. Please sir suggest me how to improve my sperm quantity. Also suggest me natural food for improving quantity of sperm. Please kindly tell me sir. Thanking you sir,
I am 23 years old. I am wearing spectacles from last 10 years. I want to remove my spectacles through lasik treatment but I hv gone through check up so I hv got check up retina n cornea too but after retina check up the Dr. Said I hv to go through laser retina therapy for improvement in retina. Is this good or harmful before lasik. After laser therapy doctor is giving one month review. please reply me soon?
Hello I'm 23 male.On one of my eyes a small bulge has emerged on my sclera(the white portion of the eye) and it's been there since 5 months.Usually it doest not bother me but when I use laptop or watch TV for longer durations I sort of feel irritation in my eye.About five months ago I during the football world cup I watched the tv for longer durations and after that this bulge occurred.Could you please tell me the reason and the cure for it.Your help would be really helpful.
I have red eyes from 10 days and yellow eyes from 15 days and head ache from 20 days and leg pain from 20 days what should I do?
Respected sir/mam, I think because of the use of mobile phone (screen) I am feeling little weakness in my eyes. I am not able to read distant words properly. What should I do to remove this problem.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.
Hi Sir any suggestion if eyes are gone inside as my eyes are gone very inside that sees my eyes and tells me I feel very embarrass please suggest something for this if any doctor based on bangalore I am ready consult directly.
I hav an eye problem. Minus power. -5.5. My visibility is low. What should I do? Can I go for laser surgery? Is it helpful? Can it may create any health problem? I can not attain any central govt exam becoz of my eye problem. please suggest.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.