Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RoopashreeYour feedback matters!
Drinks such as regular soda, diet soda, sports drinks, canned iced tea and lemonades can lead to extensive tooth decay, enamel destruction and poor dental health because of the low pH or acidity of the drinks.
Enamel is the hardest substance in the body but it is susceptible to breakdown from acids found in soda/drinks. The more acidic the drink (the lower its pH), the more rapid the enamel destruction. Tooth enamel dissolves below 5.5. It is important to note that exposed root surfaces demineralize twice as fast as that of enamel.
Soda/drinks may contain carbonic, phosphoric, malic, citric and tartaric acids and therefore have an acidic pH. No differences in enamel breakdown were found between regular and diet versions of the same brand.
Reduce the Risk
1 Drink carbonated beverages (soft drinks, soda pop) in moderation.
2 Give infants and toddlers these beverages in a regular cup.
3 Sucking on a bottle or sippy cup filled with these beverages promotes tooth decay.
4 Use a straw to help keep sugar away from your teeth while drinking.
5 Choose fluoridated water instead of fizzy drinks.
6 Avoid drinking soft drinks and fruit juice before bedtime.
7 Rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth soon after using either of these.
8 Get regular dental checkups and cleanings
Acid (pH) Low=Bad
Water – 7.00 (neutral)
Brewed Black Coffee – 6.25
Brewed Black Tea – 5.36
A & W Root Beer – 4.80
Diet Sprite – 3.34
Sprite – 3.27
Diet Dew – 3.27
Diet Coke – 3.22
Mountain Dew – 3.14
Gatorade – 2.95
Canada Dry Ginger Ale – 2.94
Diet Pepsi – 2.94
Arizona Iced Tea – 2.94
True Lemon – 2.80
HI Punch – 2.82
Coke – 2.48
Pepsi – 2.46
My son is 11 months old n has 4 developing teeth. The upoer two teeth are black stained. The lower teeth r too small to observe any stain. Please advise how to remove/avoid stain. N also cause of the stain.
Hi sir I had height of teeth i don't want to insert the clips to my teeth for a long time I just want to down my teeth good smile in a one day is there is any treatment in dental hospitals to down my teeth with good smile in a one day and how much cost it is.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
A person should gargle properly with a good quality of mouth freshener.
Always soft toothbrush should be used to clean the teeth.
Garlic, onion, much spicy things, stale food, etc. Should not be taken in the diet.
A person should check up his teeth by a dentist time to time.