Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. RenukaYour feedback matters!
I have 3.0 long eye sightedness. I want to remove my longsightedness and want to maintain 0 sight. How can I clear this problem.
How we improve our eye vision. Myopic eye and how we increase our height my age is 18 can I increase our height.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Sir one of my friends said me that I hv squint eye (strabismus) it's not even recognised by my parents or even my relatives. My friends says you had this problem some times. I also noticed some problems in the photographs of mine. Pls help anyone. I am mentally depressed. . One of friend is joking at me. How to make sure that I hv strabismus? Can it be overcome by any exercise? Or surgery needed?
How to avoid day time sleep. Even though having enough sleep at night, I get sleep after having breakfast. Because of this am not able read in the morning, what's the solution for this, can I skip breakfast to avoid sleep.
I have desk job minimum 18 hours I operate computer from last few months I noticed my eyesight is not same as before should I go to doctor?
Those who are considering lasik lasers (for eye glass removal) for their eyes must read this as it has some serious implications/complications if done in haste.
There are lot of benefits by being myopic (eye power less than -3 d) and disadvantages in going for lasik laser in young age with low eye power.
You may never need glasses after 40 years (presbyopia) of age for reading if you use glasses or contact lens now instead of getting your glasses removed by lasik lasers but after lasers you may need the same so going for laser may keep you free from glass for roughly 15 to 20 years only.
There are variety of complications with lasik lasers like glare, halo and problem in colour contrast, dry eyes, problem in night vision, serious complications like corneal ectasia (may need corneal transplant) although advancement in lasers has minimized these issues still one should refrain from it since the percentage of side effects are highly underplayed
The disadvantages according to my experience outweighs the benefits in young age for those with low myopia (-3d) and considering the risks involved and amount of side effects associated with it which are highly under reported by the doctor.
Lasik operated emmetropic (having normal eye power) are not allowed in airforce, railways and army.
If you are young and advised for lasik in haste without giving due consideration about thickness of cornea, it may result in complications after 5 years and can affect rest of your life.
If you are having high eye power (more than -3d) then there are various issue which should be taken in consideration.
First and foremost, the corneal (outer membrane for eye) thickness must be measured by pachymetry. Indians have a thinner cornea around 400 to 450 micron as compared to western population (around 600 micron).
The critical thickness of cornea must be above 300 micron even after lasik lasers to avoid/minimize future complications.
Since laser burns the cornea, for removing every 1d of eye power, there is a reduction in 35 micron thickness in cornea.
Indians with average thickness of 400 to 450 micron thickness can only go upto 35*5= 175 micron reduction to ensure that their corneal thickness remains above crucial thickness of 300 micron.
So patients are advised to take a independent opinion from a experienced ophthalmologist preferably before going for lasik laser since procedure done on wrongly selected patient can lead to life long complication for the patient.
One can use contact lenses which have become quite advanced with time, if one does not want glasses. All that glitters is not gold and not every side effect can be predicted.
Consult on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh.