Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RekhaYour feedback matters!
I am trying to conceived but my egg is not ruptured what should I do? Please tell some home remedies or exercise/yoga.
I have taken I pill, If pregnancy is negative and periods is delayed by 25 days, which is the tablet to take in order to resume regular periods.
When was the last time you got vaccinated.
Probably when you were a kid. Or after an injury you might have got a tetanus shot.
However with evolving medicine vaccinations in adults have a major role to play.
Who should take what?
Well that depends on what other diseases you have like diabetes or respiratory conditions or kidney disease or liver disease etc.
However routine adult vaccinations that almost any adult should take are
1. Seasonal influenza vaccine or flu shot. This saves you against swine flu and 2 other common influenza virus strains.
Frequency- once a year
2. Typhoid vaccine - it has been around for some time. But there is a newer version. Which has much more effectiveness in preventing typhoid.
Frequency-once in 3 yrs
3. Pneumococcal vaccine- the newer vaccine prevents you against multiple strains of pneumococci and as the name suggests it will prevent you from severe pneumonia.
Frequency-once in a life time.
4. Hepatitis b- if you have not taken it already then this the time to take. Prevents against hepatitis b. If hepatitis b occurs it can cause chronic liver disease and even liver cancer. The disease can even be spread by sexual routes or contaminated blood transfer. It is about thousand times more easily spread than compared to HIV.
Frequency - 0, 1, 6 months. Booster dose after 10 yrs.
In conclusion as we all know-how prevention is better than cure.
Upcoming vaccine-dengue vaccine, very eagerly awaited.
I am 37 diabetic unmarried. Now i'm afraid to get marry coz I heard if your diabetic you r not able to conceive and not able to satisfy your partner. Is this correct? And one more thing I went cardiac surgery 20 years back and taking medicine.
Before marriage my breast size was 30. But after marriage now it is 36ç. please help me to reduce my breast size.
Hi doc my second child is now 7 months old. My first child is 2.3 years so means having a gap if only 1 year 6 months. Both my deliveries are of c-sec. Now I want to lose my weight. Currently I am 81 kgs. My stomach muscles are very loose. Not possible for me to go for a walk as my husband is having shifts job. Please advice how to cut down my weight.
I have early stage pcod. My gyne said. She suggested me to take folic acid tablets. In reports my left ovary polycystic. I had miscarriage 6 months ago. Now i'm again planning pregnancy from 2 months. Is folic acid is sufficient for me? My gyne did not giving me treatment of pcod. Just suggested folic acid tablets. I'm confused. Even I consulted 2 famous genes in jaipur. Both of her suggested me folic acid. Not a treatment of pcod.
I have missed my periods so i am confused whether i am pregnant or not ,i dont want unwanted pregnancy .Please suggest natural way to abort which should not effect future pregnancy
I am 27 years old. Me and my husband are planning to have a baby since august. My last menstrual cycle started on 1 Jan 2016. My menstrual cycles are very regular and lasts for 25 days. I was to get my periods on 26th Jan but have not got it yet. Yesterday we went for a blood test to see if I was pregnant. The reports showed that hcg level is less than 3. Does that mean I am not pregnant. Or is it that we went for the test too early as 4 weeks have not yet completed. We are confused, what should we do?
Hi im 29 year old single, I got my period after 60 days after having deviry tablet, but not heavy bleeding so is it a problem please help me out bcos of stress period got delayed I do not have problem like thyroid or pcos anything. Im normal person bcoz of stress, I got delayed.
I got a tetanus injection on my hip about 2 weeks back. I just noticed that there's a lump in the area which was sore after the injection was given. What should I do.
My periods started on 7 sep 16. My age is 38 yrs. I take thyronorm 50 everyday My next expected periods will b on 5 oct 16 .My periods goes for 5 days in one cycle. I do not want them from 5 oct to 16 oct. please suggest tablet, its dose and advise me it should b prepare or postpone. I will prefer prepare. please suggest.
I have taken blood beta-hcg test for pregnancy, a week after day of missed period. It was < 1.2 miu\ml. Can I confirm pregnancy or was it too early to take the test, as I took it 37 days after lmp?
I have pain in lower part of my body from 3 days but my period is still not come I had sex last month from 18 to 20 feb and after that I take 5 unwanted 72 in those 2 days is there any chance of pregnancy and my last period was on 4 feb.
The summer heat can be unforgiving at times, especially with the humidity levels on the increase. As you sweat more in summers, water from the body is lost rapidly which may create complications if it is not replenished. Thus foods that contain more water should be emphasized on in hot weather to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
It is also recommended to keep meals light so as not to stress the digestive system too much. The meals that you may enjoy during the scorching summer can be any or all of the following. Read on:
- Fruit salad: Combine various fruits like mangoes, apples and grapes in a salad and eat it during your snack breaks. The fruits provide your body with various macronutrients that boost your immune system and also do not put much stress on the digestive system.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a drink that is made from curd and various spices like curry leaves and cumin powder are added to it. The drink provides the body with calcium and soothes and boosts the digestive system to prevent various indigestion related problems. It has also been shown to reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- Sattu: Sattu is made from roasted gram flour and is a very good source of protein and energy for the body. Sattu contains insoluble fiber which is good for your digestive system. It also helps in cooling the body from the summer heat and fortifies the body with various vitamins to keep you healthy.
- Chickpea salads: Chickpeas mixed with sliced cucumber, onions and various spices can make a wonderful salad for the summer season. Add a tinge of lemon juice to the mix and throw in some diced cheese to make it more satiating. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and manganese which are beneficial for that are beneficial for the body.
- Stir fried vegetables : Vegetables are a good source of fiber and various vitamins which are essential for a healthy body. They do not contain much calories so you may eat them guilt free. You may also pair them with brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to the mix.
I have pcod problem since 5 years I want to know the normal size of ovary and uterus to get pregnant my uterus is anteverted and measures 75.6 mm x 40.6 mm x 38. 0 mm Endometrium measures 7.6 mm in thickness Right ovary measures 29.7 mm x 19.9 mm and shows multiple small sub capsular follicle Left ovary measures 34.1 mm x 20.9 mm and shows multiple small sub capsular follicle What should I do .I have taken all possible treatment including iui but not success. please help my periods are irregular. Is this report is normal.
I am bleeding from past two weeks, I normally bleed more after having sex along with white discharge, and it pains while having sex, I also found my cervix slightly on the left side a week ago. I am afraid, I am bleeding for past 17 days now. Please help me.
Exercise after pregnancy can make a woman feel at her best. It can help her to lose extra pounds specifically when it is combined with reduced intake of calories. It will also boost her level of energy and relieve stress along with strengthening and toning abdominal muscles. Exercising regularly will also set a positive example for your baby so that he or she can imbibe the same and include it in their regime from an early childhood.
Workout and Breast-feeding: are they related?
Exercise is not deemed to have any negative effects on either breast milk composition or volume. It also doesn’t affect the growth and development of a nursing baby. Though some researchers report that high-intensity weight loss training may cause accumulation of lactic acid in the breast milk causing a sour taste, but such instances are very rare and don’t happen with regular free hand to moderate exercise.
If you are willing to indulge in vigorous exercise during the first few months of feeding your baby, you can feed him or her before exercising or pumping the milk before workout and feed it afterwards. Alternatively, you can take a shower after the workout and express a few drops of milk before feeding your baby.
When is the right time to start a workout?
If you had experienced an uncomplicated normal delivery, it is particularly safe to start exercising after a few days of giving birth or as soon as your body feels ready. If you had a complicated birth, or a C-section or an extensive vaginal repair, you should seek advice from a gynaecologist about the ideal time to start a workout program.
Activities that you may start with:-
For the majority of healthy women, the Department of Health and Human Services suggests at least 150 minutes of moderate exercises or aerobic activity spanning through a week. You may start with a simple and low impact exercise such as a plain walk. You can even look for a post-partum workout class at a local fitness club, gym or community centre. Then you can proceed towards starting pelvic tilt and kegel exercises.
When you are nursing a newborn, getting enough time for routine exercises can be very challenging. Hormonal imbalance would bring about mood swings and some days you may feel too tired for a full-time work workout. out. However, you must never give up; speak with a health care specialist and seek the support of your partner and friends to stay motivated right through.