Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavishYour feedback matters!
As I work in the offc, I mostly got suffered by gas problem. What should I do as I do not have too much time also.
Hello Doctor, I am 25 years of old observer blood in after passing stool. I haven't felt any pain or burning at that time. I have haemorrhoids from 2 years. And its first time I experienced such symptom. What might be the reason for it? And will this be repeated again tomorrow?
Having pain a lot while standing and walking due to Anus skin coming out, no reason found and no blood issue. Just felt by touching that anus skin coming out and having pain. Help me. Is it serious or weather issue.
Here are health-related tips of Appendicitis
Hello friends! Now I am going to talk about an entity about which way you and everyone has been hearing since our childhood an ‘’Appendicitis’’, and Appendicectomy, an operation for that. We all hear this thing right since our childhood. It is one of the most commonly affecting disease in general population whether it is male or female. The incidence is right from the first decade of the age and it goes on till almost 50, 55 years. Thankfully, the appendicectomy after late fifties is not much and therefore the population below fifty is definitely vulnerable for it. Why we see a lot of patients with appendicitis nowadays? I think one of the reason is our bad to worse lifestyle. Less water intake, constipating foods like all junk and fast foods, absence or minimal presence of green leafy vegetables, vegetables in general, a sedentary lifestyle and so and so forth are all the factors which induce constipation and situations even like appendicitis.
We see a lot of children who have gained a lot of weight, thanks to the food habits. And this also is one section of the society in which we see a lot of appendicitis. How does a patient feel? How does a patient present with appendicitis? Well the cardinal, most important thing is pain, severe pain usually starting from the middle of your tummy and ,then probably in sometime, over a period of 12 to 24 hours, localizing to the right lower side of your abdomen, wherein it will remain constant. The pain can be quite unnerving needing immediate medications, injections, sometimes even hospital admission and this will be associated with lot of dyspepsia, nausea, in some patients even severe vomiting. This is one of the most classical way in which appendix presents and it is also called as Acute Appendicitis.
Well we have a small section of patients where all these dramatic symptoms may not be there and patients may complain mainly of dyspepsia, fullness of tummy, bloating, especially after eating food. Few hours after consuming the food pain will be dragging sometimes dull sometimes severe, but we will keep localizing to the right lower quadrant of the right lower side of the abdomen. Appendicitis is a clinical diagnosis which a doctor makes after examining the patient. We see a lot of patients coming to us with CT scans, ultrasonic abdomen, MRI and things like that. Trust me in even 21st century the best diagnosis for appendicitis is made by clinician, a doctor who examines the patients and thereby a lot of appendicitis patients, they don't need CT scans and things like that, unless and until a complication has happened or we are dealing with something else or there is a diagnostic dilemma.
So what does a patient need to have? Well he needs to have some basic blood tests that complete blood picture. We also need to show and be sure that there is no urinary tract infection especially in young women and thereby we also ask for a urine examination. In young fertile or what we call as, you know menstruating age group women, we need to be very sure about the genic history and things like that. Before we come to a diagnosis, an ultrasound helps in appendicitis as a way what we call by diagnosis by exclusion wherein exclude that there is no right kidney stone, There is no right electric stone and in women the right ovary and fallopian tubes are clean, but mainly and I would reinforces is this that appendicitis still demands a clinical diagnosis.
All the investigations which we do, they aid the diagnosis they don't make the diagnosis really. The second important factor is appendicitis can be dramatic and can present with complications like number 1 ,wherein a patient who is having abdominal pain will suddenly become sick ,his pulse rate will go and start having high grade fever and so and so forth. The pain will not be relieved by any analgesic. Conventionally, you should always suspect a perforation of appendix. Likewise a patient can also present to us with what we call as an appendicular abscess, wherein it has perforated and there is a nice pus collection around the appendix. So a small disease ignored at that particular time can present to us in a very dramatic way and with a lot of complications. Well the treatment of appendicitis in one sentence is an appendicectomy an operation. All the medicines which are used to treat appendicitis or associated conditions will give a temporary relief, will alleviate the pain for some time, will reduce the infection, but will not take away the problem. I strongly recommend that a simple operation is the best remedy. This surgery can also be done by conventional method, an open surgery or a laparoscopic method. And appendicitis is a situation which can grow from simple to bad and worse within no time. Thereby, don't waste time, try and seek and early treatment. Number 2, don't get feared by the fact that you will need an operation, because in the final run a simply done timely nice operation will save you from all the possible complications and the drama you go through.
Thereby I request you to make use of me through this wonderful medium or you are free to consult me at my consultation rooms at your wish and will. Thank you.
Hi, I am facing the problem of pan gastritis for the last 3 years and have gone thru all kind of allopathic treatments from antibiotics to antacids but this problem emerges very frequently and have sensitive stomach. The gastritis pain is felt in upper stomach pit between the ribs and pain goes backward towards back. There is vomiting sensation when acidity is high. Please advise a permanat solution.
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem. Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi,I m suffering from fistula problem since couple of month and taking ayurvedic medicine and treatment from last one month but hardly any progress I got my MRI done and as per Allopathic doctor ,surgery need to be done. Kindly guide.
Neck pain ,back side of the center of chest, gas problem and severe acidity problem, diagnosed as hiatus hernia, spondlysis, knee pain osteo arthritis, diabetes, heart blocks- already on allopathy medication - glimpride-1 mg - 1-0-0, glycomet 500 mg-1-1-1, Pan-40- 1-0-1, Seloken 12. 5 mg- 1-0-0, ismo-20 mg-1-0-0, clopid75 mg-0-1-0, Tricheck 20 mg -0-0-1, Attorvas statin 10 mg--0-0-1,- My B.P- 120-80- after medication is 110-70, sugar level- 110- fasting ,170 post lunch, My HDL-44, LDL-42, serum total cholesterol-100, triglycerides-72 ,hb1c-10.8,HGB- 11.6, is there any permanent treatment for any of these problems, how do one take treatment along with allopathy. Sincere verified advice.
I am suffering from acidity problems. Even after having some food I feel like hungry. Any remedy for this? Pls help.
The colon is a part of the digestive system of your body, which extracts the vitamins, nutrients, water and salt from the indigestible food. This helps in getting rid of solid waste from your body. Now, you may wonder why colon cleansing is necessary. It is required when there is some disorder in the normal colon function, such as when the colon absorbs the toxins in place of removing them from your body, you may experience colon problems. These results in syndromes like gaining weight, fatigue, lack of energy, constipation, bloating and many more.
Cleaning the colon in a natural way is one of the earliest processes by which you can get a normal colon. This process is also called autointoxication. There are some ways by which you can go for natural colon cleansing.
- One of the easiest and best ways for colon cleansing is drinking plenty of water. Regular intake of water will keep your body hydrated and the body organs functioning. It will also help your body to get rid of various toxins.
- Intake of apple juice is yet another process of colon cleansing. Apple juice normalises your bowel movements and keeps your liver fit. It keeps the digestive system functioning as well. One glass of raw apple juice followed by one glass of water half an hour later works best for colon cleansing.
- Lemon juice with a high amount of vitamin C is excellent for the digestive system. A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and honey keeps your liver, colon and the entire digestive system fit and fine.
- Stay away from fried and processed food for a couple of days. It is better if you drink fresh vegetable juice for a number of times in a day. Green and leafy vegetables remove toxins from your body. They have high amount of minerals and enzymes which provides energy to your body.
- Yogurt is your best companion when it comes to colon cleansing. It contains some bacteria, which are good for your body and helps accelerate the digestion process. It is one of the best way by which you can cure every stomach and digestion-related problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.