Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that what are the symptoms of pituitary gland cancer?
My fathers age is 59 and his prostrate gland is increased to 66gms. Its very pain. What are the remedies.
I am a chain smoker, from one week I am suffering from severe gum pain, reddish skin over the operculum of the wisdom teeth, and swelling around the area, rest of teeth are good. I am a drinker for 2 years and stopped drinking 2 years ago. I am afraid if they are symptoms of oral cancer. What should I do now ?
I have prostate. Kindly advise what should I take as medicine or diet. Moreover, very often I have boils in my mouth.
Dr. I'm 29 year old married women. Dr. Mujhe kuch dino se mere nipple mai pain ho raha hai halka sa. Aur nipple mai swelling bhi hai. please advice me.
Hi my mother is 51 years old, she is having cervical cancer stage 3b and her both kidneys are not working now she is getting dialysis, so what we do now ?
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"