Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Rani BhatYour feedback matters!
I am 69years old person. I underwent operation of prostate cancer about 4 years back. I am now quite normal. Can I have normal long life or Is life limited because of operation of prostate cancer about 4 years back.
Soy protein has been used from past two decades as ingredients for its functional properties in a variety of foods such as salad dressings, soups, vegetarian foods and meat imitations. Its functional properties are emulsification and texturizing. Recently the popularity of soy protein is increasing, mainly because of its health benefits. It has been proven that soy protein can help to prevent heart problems and many countries allow health claims for food, which are rich in soy protein.
Soy contains protein, isoflavones, and fiber, all thought to provide health benefits. Soy is an excellent source of dietary protein, including all essential amino acids. Soy is also a source of lecithin or phospholipid. Soy isoflavones and lecithin have been studied scientifically for numerous health conditions. Isoflavones such as genistein are believed to have estrogen-like effects in the body, and as a result are sometimes called "phytoestrogens"
Common sources of soy isoflavones include roasted soybean, green soybean, soy flour, soy butter, soy nut butter, soy ice cream, soy milk, soy yogurt, soy noodles etc. Soy protein has also been investigated for benefit in terms of heart disease risk factors, reducing menopausal symptoms, weight loss, arthritis, brain function, and exercise performance.
Dietary soy may decrease the risk of breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men, as well as other types of cancers. In general, the supportive evidence for use of phytoestrogens as treatments for menopause, heart disease, bone disease, weight loss, and cancer is limited. The use of soy formula has been investigated in the treatment of diarrhea in infants and is an effective and safe alternative to cow's milk formula in most infants.
What is chemotherapy. And what is acute myeloid leukemia good thing than did skid SK is SK hai Haydn JFK.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Following things can be done for maintaining a healthy prostate:
- Eat fruits and vegetables: Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Have selenium-rich foods: Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
- Workout to stay fit: Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
- Have more soy products: Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
I found to have a small ball -like structure in my breast. IS IT A SYMPTOMS OF BREAST CANCER? PLEASE ANSWER as soon as possible.
What the tests will be done to determine if I have cancer? What are the risks associate with these tests?
I wants to know the symptoms of cancer. And what ks the name of the test for Diagnosis of cancer and price of that test.
Having swollen lymph nodes and something being stuck in throat blocked nose and bad breath and nausea.
What are the symptoms of cancer how often it can cause because of smoking m suffering from heavy cough is that the symptoms?
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurvedic practitioner and ask a free question.
My wife Is suffering from stomach cancer stage4 and now vomits only blood no intake of food or drink not even medicine only survives on saline weight reduced from 75 kg to 40 kg. Age 65 years advise what to do.
On her breast their is some itching. Is this a symptom of breast cancer? What remedy she can use at home?
Blood cancer is a broad term. Firstly, there can be an attack of cancerous formation of any organic physiological system, which occurs in different aspects of the circulatory system, and is broadly termed as blood cancer. There are mainly three types of blood cancer, but each type may have numerous variations:
Leukaemia: In this case, the multiplying cancer cells attack either the red blood cells or the bone marrow. The circulatory system becomes severely impaired and the production of red blood cells decreases rapidly, thereby causing the count of red blood cells to decrease every day along with a higher white blood cell count.
Symptoms: Anaemia, extreme weakness and fatigue, shortness of breath in regular activities, and vulnerability to the slightest of infections. Certain kinds of leukaemia are associated with symptoms like coughing, fatigue, itching, nausea, and aversion towards food.
Lymphoma: In this case the cancerous cells affect the lymphocytes, commonly known as the white blood cells, thereby causing the white blood cell count to decrease and hence causing the body immune system to crash. Even the slightest of infections become the biggest dangers.
Symptoms: Swollen lymph nodes (usually painless), acute weight loss, appetite loss, fever, sudden chills and sweating at night.
Myeloma: In this case, the plasma is affected by the multiplying cancerous cells, again causing severe impairment to the body immune system.
Symptoms: Initially, there are no symptoms but gradual prognosis symptoms like fatigue, extreme back pain, vulnerability towards infections, chest pain, and kidney problems arise.
Cures and Survival Rates-
With enormous research and amazing medical breakthroughs, blood cancer has become treatable and has been overcome by many. In a recent research, a curative alternative has been found which tries to block the release of the enzymes causing metastasis, thereby causing the enlargement of the cancerous cells to get blocked. There are numerous more alternative treatments like herbal treatments using herbs like xanthones and Garcinia mangostana, which have proven to be effective in treating even second and third levels of blood cancer.
According to the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), 2011 had 1,012,533 people recover from various stages of blood cancer. In the 1960s, the five-year relative survival rates were only 14%. In the 1970s, the rate increased to 34.5% and from 2005–2011, the rates improved till 61.7%. This estimate includes both the population of cancer survivors in the following categories:
Those who are totally cured of cancer.
Those who have just recovered.
- Those who are still recovering.