Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Babu BobbiliYour feedback matters!
My left eye is paining from yesterday. Now it became a little red and swallowed from downwards. 23 june I have my important exam. Please suggest something.
I can't able to see the objects clearly with my left eye, what is its solution? pls help me. And why such problems occur? will it affect more to my eye?
I want to know what is the max and min time best for the exposure of eyes to the artificial lights like TV and mobile. Also whether increase in screen brightness of mobile or laptop could strain the eyes of instead they help for the eyes.
How to grow height and how to grow eye power. please give me information. please suggest me diet for protein and along with good health.
Hello sir/mam, How can I take care of my eyes in situations like, I have to work whole day long on computer screen about 6 to 9 hours keeping in mind that I have specs since 6 years?
My mother (58+ yrs) is under treatment for Hypothyroidism (Eltroxin 50 mcg), Hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg) & Osteoarthritis (stage-2) of knee joints. Since past couple of months, she faced the problem of seeing every distant object in black color as well as in blurry image. Recently she visited an eye doctor, who suggested this is because of the eye gel getting dried up. She had cataract also, but that's mostly at initial phase. 1) What could have caused this eye gel to be dried ? Is it something serious & related to other medical problems ? 2) They have prescribed 2 eye drops - Aqualube & Nepaflam daily 3-4 times for 3-months. Is it safe to to use Nepaflam for such a long period ?
I am 22 year male and I undergo head pain thrice a week I have taken a ct scan and checked my eyes bt both the reports were normal what to do?
It usually take 4 hrs to sleep after going to bed. Most of the time I feel sleepy but as I close my eyes I come across with nightmare and suddenly I woke up. So what should I do to overcome this horror problem?
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks.
Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health:
- Does not involve light-emission: The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required: The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking: Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health:
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Related Tip: "How Should You Exercise Your Eyes Everyday?"