Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Babu BobbiliYour feedback matters!
I have severe eye pain while I study or watch TV even for 15 minutes. Feels sensitive to bright light. Sometime I get pain while sleeping. Don't know what's going on. Headache also occurs with eye pain but mild. And also feels like breathing problem. Mostly it remains for whole day making everything miserable. I feel light pain all the time and it severely increases as I study or do any work that includes mind and eyes. What is going with me? What should I do? I use glasses with power -. 25 in both eyes cylindrical.
I am 22 years old. And I am suffer for my health. Last for 2 month I am suffering from gastric problem but I eat every day many time. Now from 2 mouth I became thin and thinner. I can not feel my health well or health progress. What can I do now. Please contact me.
I have red eyes for three days as I work on computer. What should I do? Would it affect my eyes in future?
I have red eyes, felt week and felt pain in whole body and have little more fever. Is this viral fever?
I am a 25 years old guy working in a private engineering company. I am having headache, Stress daily. My eyes are also paining frequently and back head is paining. What should I do?
I suffer from keratoconus. C3R has been done in both of my eyes. I use rgp lens in my one eye. And I am observing cracks and redness in that eye from last one month if I put lens for more than 5 hours. What should I do?
I am 47 years old female . I have short sight I have -3 for both the eyes can I go for LASIK treatment for the eyes I have glasses since childhood recently I have increased my long sight also it is gone up to -1.
I am suffering from strain in my eyes and also pain head and lower neck back due to hard working mobile repair.
I have eyes problem when I see tv or when I read books for 3 to 5 hours my eyes is very jelles what should I do for this?
Lutein and zeaxanthin are the Prdominant Carotenoids in corn, Accounting for approximately 70% of aain the human retina , the light –Senstive inner Surface of the eye, Where they protect against oxidative damage caused by blue light. High levels of these carotenoids in the blood are strongly linked with reduced risk of both macular degeneration and cataracts.
2. Kiwi fruit
Macular degeneration is the leading cause of vision loss in older adults. 3 or more serving of kiwi fruit per day is proved to decrease macular degeneration by 36 percent. This is thought to be associated with the kiwi’s high levels of lutien and zeaxanthin-both of Which are natural chemical found in the human eye.
Resveratol present in grapes can protect against diabetic neuropathy and retinopathy , conditions caused by poorly controlled diabetes where vision is severely affected . it reduces the effects of natural changes and damage associated with diabetic neuropathy .
Spinach is a rich source of riboflavin and thiamine as well as pigments like lutein , beta carotene, chlorophyllin and xanthenes. Spinach is thus very good for the maintenance of healthy eyes, cardiovasculat system , and nervous system.Beta carotene and lutein in spinach help maintain healthy eyes and prevent the occurrence of eye disorders like itchy eyes ,dry eyes ulcers. Lutein is also a powerful antioxidant that help prevent cataract . Lutein and Xanthene also help prevent macular degeneration caused by ageing .
Orange contains vitamins A and other anti-oxidents such as alpha carotene, bata –carotene , beta- cryptoxathin , Zea –Xanthin, fibre, phyto- nutrients and lutein ,. All these Phyto- chemical are good for eye and eye vision.
6. Green peas
Fresh green peas carry adequate amounts of anti- oxidents flavonoids such as carotenes, lutein and Zea – xanthin as well as vitamins –A
Papaya is good for your eyes due to the presence of antioxidents like vitamins A,C, and E. it also contains carotenoids, lutein and Zeaxanthin that provide protection against high energy blue light that can damage the retina of your eyes. They also protect against developing cataract , glaucoma and other chronic eye diseases .
Tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene , lutein and beta – carotene , powerful antioxidents that have been shown to protect the eyes against light- induced damage associate with the development of cataracts and age – related macular degeneration ( AMD). The Age Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS) recently found that people with high dietary intake of lutein and Zeaxanthin ( both carotenoids found in tomatoes ) had a 35 percent reduction in the risk of neovascular AMD.
Carrots are rich in beta- carotene , Which is converted into vitamin A in liver. Vitamin A is transformed is the retina, to rhodopsin , a Purple pigment necessary for night vision. Beta- carotene has also been shown to protect against macular degeneration and senile cataracts.
Amla helps to improve and preserve the eyesight . It is rich in Vitamin C, thus helps you attain a better vision . This Vitamin rich berry also strenghthen the eye muscles . Another major benefit of amla is that it prevents cataract . Amla Powefully inhibits the free radicls, Which are one of the sources of cataract .
Carotenoids that are found in green beans can also prevent muscular degeneration ,Which is a decrease in vision and eye function . Lutein and Zeaxanthin are focused at the macula on the eye , and play a key role in preventing any stress to the inner workings of the eye . Ensuring that these carotenoid levels stay strong to prevent vision deterioration is one of the many benefits of including green beans in balanced diet.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Sir I have very dry eye for last 2 year and I am using contact lenses. What I do sir to minimize this problem.
The quality and sharpness of vision are generally measured with a Snellen chart. The Snellen chart shows letters of logically smaller size. Perfect vision is 20/20. This implies the patient or subject sees the same line of letters at twenty feet that a typical individual sees at twenty feet.
Here are a few doctor recommended tips that can be followed in order to achieve a perfect vision. These are as follows:
1. Eat right for good vision
Taking good care of your eyes begins with the food that you eat. Foods, for example, fatty acids, lutein, zinc and vitamins C and E may avert age related vision and eyesight problems, for example, macular degeneration and cataract as shown by certain studies. Eating these foods daily can lead to healthy eyesight. Following are some of the nutrients that can help us do so:
- Green vegetables, for example, spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon and fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and different citrus natural products or juices
- Shellfish and pork
2. Quit smoking
Smoking makes you more inclined to get cataract, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration. The more times you attempt to stop smoking, the more probable you are to succeed.
3. Wear shades
The right sort of shades will shield your eyes from the sun's bright (UV) beams. An excess of UV exposure makes you more inclined to get cataracts and macular degeneration. Pick shades that piece ninety nine to hundred percent of both UVA and UVB beams. Wraparound lenses shield your eyes from the side. Spellbound lenses diminish the glare when driving. Some of the contact lenses come with UV protection as well. It is still a smart thought to wear shades for more protection, however.
4. Turn away From the Computer Screen
Gazing at a computer screen for a really long time can bring about eye strain, foggy vision, trouble focusing at a distance, dry eyes. The muscles around the eyes can start getting weak and painful if given too much strain. Turn down the screen brightness. You need to at present have the capacity to see, however, you should not feel like you are gazing at a very bright light. In case you are reading from the computer, use the zoom capacity to make the content bigger.
5. Pencil exercise
Take a pencil, and place it some place in the centre. Draw a letter, number or dot in on any side of the pencil. For this activity, you will concentrate on the pencil and the spot as you move it toward and far from your eyes. Pencil push-ups are rumoured to correct twofold vision and crossed eyes, yet it cannot hurt to attempt them for different issues since it is free, easy, and just includes focusing and refocusing your eyes.