Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev K
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev KYour feedback matters!
Sir I have squint with very law eye vision. I was check out by chitrakoot netralaya. They said it has no permanent solution it has temporary solution. I m 19 year old plzzz tell can treat. It if yes then how plzzz tell me.
I have heaviness in my eyes. Im usually working on laptop for around 8 hours a day n taking full 8 hr sleep. Do not know what is the reason. Please help.
I would like to know about proteins for bodybuilding. Is this good for health or is there any side effects like hair fall, eyes weakness, sex problem.
Normally the eyes are the best friends. They blink together. They move together and always keep the visual axis parallel, how paradoxical it is that healthy eyes visual axis never meet but it is the eyes who make you meet the desired person in your life.
When visual axis is not parallel in any direction of gaze, we call it a squint
Squint can be congenital or acquired. Congenital squints are usually more difficult to treat. Acquired squint may be due to refractive error. They can be traumatic causing paralytic squint which is more difficult to treat.
If both eyes converge (turn inside), we call it convergent squint. If they diverge, we call it divergent squint.
The squint can be constant or inconstant (sometimes).
A squint patient has to be examined fully by a very competent ophthalmologist at the earliest opportunity. The doctor shall find out the type of squint, its degree, and its nature. Fundus has to be examined. Refraction has to be done. Convergent squint patients quite often have a hypermetropic refractive error and sometimes can be cured by spectacles and exercise. Myopic eyes most often have a divergent squint. In some patients, the squint is quite hidden (latent) and it appears occasionally when patient have a strong emotion or absent minded. Most often these squints are divergent.
Management of squint needs spectacles, exercise at home or at syn optophone machine in the hospital and if it does not respond, then a surgery by an expert.
The challenge in surgery shall depend on a degree of squint, an age of onset, type, and age of surgery. Ideal age of squint surgery is 5-10 years. More the age, unpredictable results. Simply drugs do not cure squint. Paralytic squint more challenging. Earliest the better
My father is suffering from glaucoma since 5 to 6 years. He has done his treatment from many different states. Still the doctors has prescribed him that his right eye will never get cured. Now he is been taking some eye drops but he tells that his left eye is too been diagnosed with the disease slowly. He has done around two to three minor operation to his right eye for not getting involved his left eye but still little problem of the left eye is been getting involved to the disease. His right eye has the glaucoma problem. Is there any cure for it?
I have pain in whole body and fever My eyes are red and body is too hot Advice me what to do now please Fast do something.
In today’s world, most of the work that you do is on your computer. With an increasingly digitized world, computers can’t be replaced. Though they have made your work easier, they do come with certain disadvantages as well. The rays emitted by a computer screen can be harmful to your eyes if exposed for an extended duration.
It is important that you take certain precautionary measures to protect your eyes:
1. Wash your eyes: Wash your eyes on a regular basis; it facilitates cooling and relaxation of the eyes. Make it a routine to wash your eyes at least 5 to 6 times in a day.
2. Get computer glasses: Use computer glasses to protect your eyes as they help to minimize the effect of the radiation from the screen. If you work for long hours in front of the computer, then you should consider getting a pair of computer glasses.
3. The position of your screen: The screen should ideally be positioned at an arm’s length and the viewing angle of the monitor should be around 35 degrees. Make sure you position your chair accordingly keeping these tips in mind.
4. Eye exercise: You should exercise your eyes to reduce the strain and relax your eyes. Follow the 20-20 rule wherein after working on your computer for 20 minutes, you redirect your gaze to an object that is around 20 feet away. This helps your eye muscles to relax and thus, improves your eye health.
5. Don’t work at a stretch: Take breaks in between your work sessions to reduce fatigue in your eyes. Constantly staring at a screen for an extended amount of time can cause problems in your eye. Take 2 minute breaks for every 30 minutes you spend working on your computer. This helps to reduce the strain on your eyes also helps to release tension in the muscles of the neck and back.
6. Blink more than usual: Blinking moistens your eyes and causes tear production which does not allow the eye to suffer from dryness. It also prevents eye irritation and helps in clearing out dirt from the eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.