Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajani Vuppalapati
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rajani VuppalapatiYour feedback matters!
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have bad breath problem for past 10 years & when consulted with doctor they informed its happening due to crowding of teeth. Now am wearing braces for alignment. But still bad breath is there and stains are deposited in teeth. For stain removal can I use baking soda while wearing braces also suggest a way to get rid of bad breath.
I am 43 year old. I am suffering from pyoria since last 7 -8 years. Blood and smell is coming from my teeth every day. What can I do and what is the treatment of the same.
What are some simple ways to get rid of a toothache fast?
A) before knowing about the remedies for relieving toothache, let us first understand the reasons for a toothache. Knowing the causes can help us prevent it.
Generally, toothache is a result of inflammation of the soft, central part of the tooth. The most common cause is cavities (tooth decay). Other causes include infection at the root of the tooth, chipped or broken teeth, damaged fillings, infected gums
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches. Follow these simple steps:
-brush twice daily with a fluoride-containing toothpaste
-floss once daily
-rinse once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash
-consult your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning
-eat foods low in sugar
Natural ways to relieve a toothache
Popping painkillers and other drugs frequently to relieve pain is not always the best idea. They come with their own set of side effects and should be avoided whenever possible. You may try these simple, safe and effective remedies to help you relieve a toothache instantly and naturally:
1. Salt and pepper
Salt mixed with pepper can be of great use as both the ingredients have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties:
-mix equal amounts of pepper and common salt with a few drops of water to form a paste
-apply the paste directly on the affected tooth and allow it to sit for a few minutes
-repeat 2-3 times in a day
Garlic has antibiotic and other medicinal properties that can be very effective in reducing the pain:
-mix a crushed garlic clove with some table salt or black salt and apply it directly on the affected tooth to alleviate the pain
-you can also chew one or two cloves of garlic to get relief
More: have garlic &amp; 6 more foods for a healthy heart
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and anesthetic properties that help alleviate tooth pain and fight infection:
-grind two whole cloves. Mix in a little olive oil or any vegetable oil and apply on the affected tooth
-another option is to dab a cotton ball in clove oil and rub it directly on the sore tooth
-you may also mix a few drops of clove oil in half a glass of water and use it as a mouth rinse
Saltwater cleanses the area around the tooth and draws out some of the fluid that causes swelling:
-stir a teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water and rinse for up to 30 seconds before you spit it out
-repeat this treatment as often as needed
5. Tea bag
The tannic acid in tea helps to relieve gum infections:
-steep a tea bag in boiling water for a few minutes, then remove and allow to cool
-hold the cooled teabag around your gums for about 5 minutes
Ice helps numb the nerves and hence the toothache:
-place a small ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap a thin cloth around the bag, and apply it to the aching tooth for about 15 minutes
-alternatively, that ice pack can go on your cheek, over the painful tooth
These remedies may help with short term relief. Consult your doctor if your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days, if it is severe, or if you have a fever, earache, or pain upon opening your mouth wide. Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is very important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull.