Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Raghuvardhan ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello I am sanat kumar Dubey, I am 40year old and I was diabetic and blood pressure patient. And now my right leg's main locomotives muscles getting pain for 15 days what I do.
I am 22 years old and I am diabetic. I have stopped eating all the foods which is sugar content. I hardly eat sweet food but still my sugar level is not in control. 1) How should I control my sugar level? 2) can some endrocologist suggest me a proper diet plan so that I can control my sugar level?
I .Meal Planning
- Eat smaller , more frequent meals
- Control carbs
- Ensure variety in diet - whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit fats - 3-4 tsp/day
- Seasoning tips - use salt sparingly, avoid adding sugars.
II.Practical tips to make you meals healthier
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables- Except for few fruits like banana, mango, chickoo, jackfruit and grapes, and vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes , yam . ,both fruits and veggies are cornerstone of diabetes,- gives you vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Eat more whole grains- brown rice, ragi, bajra , jowar,wheat
Use healthy fats and oils- Choose- MUFA's - olive oil, canola oil , less often use PUFA- corn , sesame and safflower oil. Minimise SFA- high fat meat , dairy, coconut,
Choose heart healthy proteins- beans, peas and dals (good source of protein and fibre), Eat fish and shell fish 2-3times/weel, choose skinless, white chicken, nuts in moderation ( almonds , walnuts)
Select low fat dairy products- skim milk and its products like curd, paneer and low fat cheese
III.Healthy breakfast choices
- An egg white omelette with a bran paratha and fruit wedges
- Oats with low fat milk and spirinkling nuts and fruits
- Dalia and veggies upma with a bowl of fresh fruits
- Oats dosa with mint chutney and orange segments
- Ragi porridge with milk/buttermilk and a whole fresh fruits.
IV.Healthy lunch box ideas
- Healthysandwhich - brown bread with veggies no potato, low fat butter and cheese
- Salad warps- mix veg salads in a wheat chapatti
- Spinach and oats paratha,brown rice veggie pulao.
V.Snacking ideas to keep blood glucose in check
- Handful of nuts - 7-8 almonds and walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Vegetable soups
- Fruit bowl
- Cereal chivdabhel
- Wrap- salads,/ rajma with salsa sauce
VI.Choos.e your bevarages wisely
Stay away from, sugary drink, carbonated beverages, tea and coffee with sugar, syrup based drinks.
Choose from - plain water, unsweetened tea and coffee, low fat milk drink, green tea.
Why is Exercise imp-
- Improves blood glucose control
- Improves energy levels.
- Helps to lose weight and maintain body weight
- Helps in preventing Diabetes complication.
- Improves mental health by reducing stress,
- Strengthens bone and muscles
- You can do flexibility exercise like stretching, yoga, Aerobic exercise(brisk walk, dance, swimming, cycling etc), Strength training,.
Exercise should be performed 1-3hrs post meals, avoid workout at bed time to avoid hypoglycemia. (Do remember to hydrate yourself throughout workout)
Before exercise - make sure your sugar levels are normal - between 150mg/dl- 250mg/dl.
I mom is suffering from diabetes. Her legs pains a lot. Please suggest what to do to get rid of leg pain.
My sugar levels specially at Night after 2 hours of Dinner it's around 230-250. & after 4-5 hours it's drastically dropping to 55-70. During entire day, am not facing any problem. So what could be the reason. Please help me know more about this.
I am 40 years age, diabetic patient in normal stage. But suffering with Erectile dysfunction problem. How can I improve my libido and testosterone levels.
I'm suffering from diabetes and high cholesterol and have developed frozen shoulders in both my arms. I have polycystic ovaries I'm obese.
I am 36 years old male, I have suffering heel pain from last 6 months. I checked my uric acid, and results showed 6.4. After that I apply pain relief ointment but I have not got any fruitful results. So I wants to know what is the reason for this pain? And how to relief?
Sir I am 32 yrs (male) suffering thyroids problem, please advice what type of treatment and eating food clarity as well as what type avoid in dailly life.
I have Thyroid from last 3 years & my weight is going up. M taking thyroid tab 100 power. Please help with proper Diet & please tell me the tablet which I am taking is effective or not? If not then help me with the permanent cure medicine & diet.
Hi I am 18 yo and i'm suffering from hyperthyroidism and my tsh value is above 20. I'm a mbbs student as well it just affects my memory power and concentration. How to overcome my memory loss. I'm lean too and can't gain weight all my attempt to gain weight was at vain. How to gain weight fast? prescribe some really good medicine or product to gain weight fast also to overcome memory loss in studies!
I have sugar problem last two months And I am taking Medicine under doctors observation. I loose my weight 96 kg to 92 kg and present sugar level is fasting 110 and PP is 172 Is it satisfactory or not Please also prescribed us the right food contents list so that we maintain more better Note I am pure vegetarian. Thank
DIABETES HAS AFFECTED MILLION INDIANS TILL DATE.IF YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH DIABETES, YOU MAY KNOW THAT THE DISEASE CAN CAUSE PROBLEM WITH YOUR EYES, NERVES,HEART,AND OTHER PART OF YOUR BODY. DIABETES CAN LOWER YOUR RESISTANCE TO INFECTION AND SLOW THE HEALING PROCESS
What should we do in we have high BP? And also tell me why sugar is not to eaten by a person how have diabetes.
My age is 28. I am type two diabetic. I go to gym. Can I take protein supplement to gain weight and muscle. If yes which protein supplement is good.
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.