Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. RaghunathYour feedback matters!
I have a molar teeth pain from last 3 to 4 days and the pain is not from those days even after using tablet. So can you suggest me some ideas for reducing it.
I am getting some amount of blood while brushing from my mouth that is putting my hand into my mouth and cleaning time.
I am suffering from this infection on my lips, this occurs in every 6 months interval around mouth area. They're kind of ulcers, I need to get rid of this completely. I think its called "cold sores"
My daughter teeth are yellowish in colour. Is this any deficiency or natural cause. However she feels bad about this. Or is there any treatment?
I have a cavity in tooth. I have been using senquel toothpaste to prevent pain. But recently pain has started again. Any suggestions.
Hello sir/mam. I need your advice regarding the dental points, I have lost 5 molars in dental treatment, I am having braces since last 3 years, for army medical 14 dental points are required then will I fit for that? other all teeth are in good condition
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
As you all know that most of the dental problems are due to sugary food or food lodgement in inter space of two adjacent teeth.
Reason is that our toothbrush bristles are unable to reach between interspaces of two tooth.
Now a days we dentists recommend dental floss to clean the interspaces of teeth and helps in maintaining tooth intergrity and the chances of tooth decay get reduced to much extend
Sometimes there may be sensitivity in teeth it's just because of worn or grinding of enamel of tooth whose treatment depends on severity of worn off of that layer. It may require cap or may require root canal then cap.
So to take care of your teeth for long period always visit to your dentist in every 6 months and ask for the better care of your smile on your face.