Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Raghotham
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. RaghothamYour feedback matters!
I have got some cracks on my wisdom tooth doctor has advised me to remoove the same but I am diabetic as well as a patient of high b. P. Should I go for removal?
Hi, I had no pain but I visited to dentist for cleaning. She found that I have multiple caries and I am just 25. So I got fillings. I have 6 fillings mostly on molar and all are on molar biting surface. I read the prescription it was GIC restoration they cost me 500 per each fillings. I had no issue but I read about GIC and found that it's not strong for stress bearing area. I contacted back to dentist to ask how deep my fillings were and why they used GIC. Firstly the person who did had left the clinic but other Dr. Told me that it's 3M quality GIC and its durable and they did xray but fillings was not visible in xray. I don't know but since from that day I'm having high anxiety of loosing teeth or loosing fillings. It's been month but still my condition is same, can't sleep, not eating much. I request you to please share your experience how long do you think that GIC can stay, the fillings are on the biting surface middle covered with teeth wall. I'm maintaining my oral hygiene doing brushing, flossing and I've also stopped eating any sugary food. Please suggest doctor your answer and suggestion may help me to come out through my anxiety.
I had my tartar removal today and after that my mouth is producing a little more saliva than usual. The doc prescribed me HEX mouthwash. After I used it I had to spit after every 15 mins. Is it ok to gulp the saliva mixed with mouthwash ingredients ?Can I wash my mouth after an hour of using the mouthwash?
My gums bones are leaving the teeth (lower front 6 teeth) .as my gums are receding .dentist suggested me flap. I started using sensodine and listerine too for proper oral hygiene. I am done with OPG ,it is showing that bones are less. So kindly suggest me.
I am suffering from teeth colour. My teeth is very fast yellow colour adopt. So how much intervals to clean my teeth?
After chewing tab limcee depigmentation took place below the mouth upto chin. What are the remedies to cure it?
My gums are bleeding for a few weeks now, I dnt have a gr8 oral hygiene, NY shift and work barely gives me time to visit a doc.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.