Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R. VinayachandraYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old and I have a history of chewing tobacco guthka of 25 years. I leave this from last 11 months 100 %. I am suffering from submucous fibrosis and my mouth opening is about 1 inch. What should I do?
Dairy products, soft breads, softer grains, seafood and soft meat, soft cooked vegetables and many more are braces friendly foods
I am 21 year female. I ate hotdog 3 days ago. And after one hour I felt pain in my throat. When I checked my throat I found white patches on my left side tonsil. And I felt swelling in my throat. And next day one ulcer appeared on my lip and 2 ulcers in mouth wall. And my gums are also swollen. and I found some whitish thing in my lower teeth gums. When I brushed in morning I felt so much pain my gums. And when I am eating anything I am having pain in my teeth also. And fever goes when I take rest or sleep. And come again after some time. And today is third day but pain in is less now. What should I do?
Hi. I had a taste of saliva in my mouth in the morning and I went to spit it out than there was blood in it. Fourth time it happened in last one week. I am scared because I don't know what it is?
My teeth are bleeding often. I am 29 years old Man. I have been using colgate pro sensitive tooth paste. I brush my teeth twice a day and not habit any pan masala but drink occasionally. please suggest.
I have a question from dentist , my linearity of teeths is not periodiacal . What is an estimate cost will be there if I go with the cosmetics , secondly what if I switch to bracels ? is it effective too since its a long procedure I think so and it take times to make unifmrity of teeths .
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.