Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Sexual Therapy Treatment
I am suffering dandruff and hair loss and recently I have straightened my hair. What type of treatment is needed for me.
I am a 42 year old male from tamil nadu. I am suffered by diabetes and blood pressure for the past 3 years. My ppbs is around 270 mg per dl. My bp level is around 140 / 90. Kindly advise me.
I love some one who is 25 years old is suffering from the problem of work addiction for about 20 years.
I have pain in my throat and feel very difficult to swallow anything. What should I do to get rid of this pain.
Respected sir, Drink lots of water in summer is really helpful for skin? How it helpful for prevent the acne from the skin? Please suggest me answer.
My head has a lot of dandruff. And it isn't normal. It is from the time when I was born. I have consulted many doctors and yet not have found out a permanent cure. Some say it is a fungal disease and others say it is psoriasis.
What are the reasons for asthma. Does it can be caused with pollution and stress. Is their any complete cure for asthma.
Hey dr? My self sahil and I have stomach pain last 3days and I do not know y this pain come and one more thing I have high fever so pls tel me any medicine.
I have small small pores in my face. During childhood I was having pimples and I used to clear them with my nails. Now how can I fill those pores. As the r on cheek and my face looks like if somebody has uesd small pins to make small small holes.
I get pain in my head when I started studying and feel sleepy what should I do to increase my concentration.
I have small spots all over my back arms legs calf Muscle and chest. They do not irritate and does not have acne like pores. Does it have any permanent and quick remedies?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.