Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. R HanumanthacharYour feedback matters!
Another benefit of exercise is lower blood pressure.
Exercise is beneficial to many health conditions, and hypertension is one condition that improves with exercise. The National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control, and the American Heart Association have promoted the benefits of exercise for individuals with high blood pressure. A meta-analysis, or a large study of 54 smaller clinical trials of aerobic exercise, found that systolic blood pressure, the top number, is reduced an average of 3.84 mmHg in individuals who exercise regularly.Diastolic blood pressure across these studies was reduced an average 2.58 mmHg. A meta-analysis of the effects of resistance training showed reductions of 3.2 mmHg systolic blood pressure, and 3.5 mmHg for diastolic blood pressure.
What Type of Exercise is Best?
Although both resistance activity and aerobic activity have shown benefits, there is an apparent link between resistance training and reduced compliance of the arteries. Compliance in the arteries means that the arteries expand when there is increased blood flow. If the arteries don?t readily expand in areas of high blood flow, it can cause blood pressure to increase. It appears that performing aerobic exercises with strength training negates this effect, and the overall effect of performing both resistance and aerobic exercise is a healthy blood pressure reduction.
Find An Exercise Activity You Enjoy!
You are more likely to exercise if you find something you enjoy. For some people, time alone while walking or running can be a rare moment for reflection.
Others may enjoy bicycling or rowing. These activities can be enjoyed alone or you can enjoy sharing your exercise time with a friend or neighbor. Team sports are good physical exercise, and like other forms of activity, they usually relieve stress. Fitness classes can help you lower your blood pressure and provide a wonderful social outlet.
Take It Easy!
When you begin a new exercise program, particularly if you haven?t been active, gradually increase your activity level. Listen to your body, as unusual aches and pains associated with exercise may indicate something is going on. Most people benefit from physical activity, but if you have a chronic illness, including high blood pressure or heart disease, you may want to check with your doctor before you increase your activity dramatically.
What About A Warm Up?
Everyone should incorporate a warm-up period and a cool-down period into their exercise routine. A warm up allows you to gradually increase your heart rate from rest. Try to warm up at least ten minutes when you begin to exercise. A warm up will also help you avoid injury to your muscles. It?s also important to cool down, so your blood pressure doesn?t drop too quickly when you stop your exercise. Stretching at the beginning and end of your exercise will help you avoid sore muscles and will increase your flexibility.
What Is My Target Heart Rate?
When you are exercising, you should monitor your heart rate by measuring your pulse during exercise. Your resting heart rate means your average heart rate when you are resting, and it is usually between 60 and 100 beats per minute. You can determine your resting heart rate by checking your pulse when you get up in the morning.
Athletes may have a lower heart rate. Some blood pressure medications can keep your heart rate low. If you are taking a medication for blood pressure, ask your doctor what your maximum heart rate should be.
To check your pulse, use the tip of your first two fingers, and press lightly on the blood vessels on the inside of your wrist near your thumb. Count the number of beats in ten seconds ? you will have to look at a clock ? and multiply this number by 6 to find out how many times your heart is beating each minute.
To determine your maximum heart rate, subtract your age from 220. Your target heart rate should be somewhere between 50% and 85% of your maximum heart rate. When you are exercising moderately, your heart rate will usually be between 50 and 69% of your maximum heart rate. With high intensity exercise, your heart rate can range from 70% to 90% of your maximum heart rate.
Checking Your Workout Intensity
When you are exercising, you should try to reach a moderate intensity to achieve maximum health benefits from your workout. If you are able to carry on a conversation when you are exercising, you are probably not working hard enough. You should be able to speak in short sentences while you are exercising, but if you are having a lengthy conversation, you probably aren?t working hard enough. If you have to stop to catch your breath while you are exercising, your exercise intensity may be too high. When you are in doubt, don?t forget to check your heart rate.
I have had fatty lumps for years, about 20 I had one removed coz it started hurting most of them hurt, I also get very painful pain in my thigh bones, it never stops hurting, my drs have said they couldnt hurt but.
Helo sir im a 20 years boy I have a big problem sir is that my penis is thin from its base in comparison to its middle part nd top im very nervous sir what should I do to make my penis strong again nd to make my penis base thick again please help me sir its about a ques of my life I looking for some help I want to do my penis base thick again please give me some tips.
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.