Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PuttappaYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.
Sir I have some normal problem I mean tooth pains regularly how solve this problem any toothpaste sir.
I have little (small dot) cavity in my 3, 4 teeth. Is there any medicine to cure it? And how much will it cost?
Mouth sour. Take Seroflo capsule for asthma. Some thrush on tongue. Taking rekool 20 mg tablet since last 8 days. Got theet cleaned .take supplement riconia Silver daily. Please advise.
I am 26 year - male, and I am suffering from ulcers. Also I went through root canal treatment long ago, and now the filling of that tooth has come out, which make difficult to eat and creates sensitivity. Kindly let me know the remedy.
What is the right way of intake of Tulsi leaves that protects teeth from the harmful effect of the same?
White and yellow patches over tongue. Blisters over my tongue. They remain permanently. Digestion is proper. They increase whenever I eat banana or any spicy food. I hav a fear of oral cancer. What it is I do not know. They pain a lot. And it starts about 2 or 3 years before. I hav taken many medicines like bcosule etc and many thing for digestions but now think that it is not related to digestion.
Their is soo much pain in my teeth and gums, basically pain is in thw root of teeeth in gum area after I scrath there by a key, the pain is unbearable, please suggest me somd mild pain killer.
I am 18 years old my problem is teeth is very yellow so please advise to make teeth white. Please advise.
I got problems in my tooth so what kind of ointment or paste I should use as sometimes it got very critical.
1.Cavities: Also known as tooth decay, cavities are holes in the teeth caused by acids in our mouth. Those acids may come from foods in our diet or when mouth bacteria turns sugars we eat into acids. The treatment for a cavity is a filling. If you have a cavity, don't wait, because they only grow bigger over time!
2.Toothache: A toothache is often caused by cavity that has reached the sensitive root of the tooth. This means the tooth is infected and needs a filling or a root canal. Toothaches can also be caused by teeth grinding, gum disease, a misaligned bite, or accidents that damage the teeth.
3.Gum Disease: Gum disease is a common condition caused by bacterial overgrowth in the mouth. The bacteria make toxins that irritate the gums, leading to redness, swelling, bleeding, and possibly even tooth loss. Good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are key to halting gum disease.
4.Tooth Grinding: Ever wake up with a sore or popping/clicking jaw? You might be grinding your teeth at night. A special night guard?available only through a dentist?can help protect your teeth and ease the jaw pain.
5.Sensitive Teeth: Do cold or hot foods make your teeth hurt? Tooth sensitivity can be helped by using special pain-relieving toothpastes and gels. Fluoride also helps to strengthen the teeth and protect them from pain. If tooth sensitivity is the result of gum disease or cavities, the pain might go away after treatment.
6.Crooked Teeth: If you wish your smile were straighter, you are not alone. Lots of teens and many adults have some kind of orthodontic hardware to help with their smile. If your smile needs some correction, ask your dentist what alternates are available for the correction.
7.Tooth Trauma: Accidents, contact sports, or even biting down on something hard can cause tooth trauma. With tooth trauma, teeth may be broken, knocked loose, or even knocked out completely. Often, your dentist can handle tooth trauma better than the doctors in an emergency ward, so call your dentist before you head over to a hospital.
Next time your chompers are giving you grief, give your dentist a call. It?s good to know that help is just a phone call away!