Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Bansal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Priya BansalYour feedback matters!
How much time did fluconazole takes to kill candida from body? I ate last night fluka 150 tablet. But feeling well no rashes on tounge no smell in urine.
I am 21 years old female. One and half years back a wisdom tooth appeared in the lower jaw. Now the tooth is almost fully grown bt the inner side of my cheek is injured due to friction with the tooth. My cheek is injured for last 6 months and it is not healing due to constant friction. What should I do?
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments. Please help me.
Mae jab bhi tongue cleaner se tongue saaf krta hu hamesha tongue se khoon niklne lg jaada hai. Tongue mae cuts aa jaate hai.
I am having some pain in one of my teeth. No infection / bacteria found in xray. Looks normal from outside. Slightly were out. Do I need to go for root canal for this? Or any other process is there through which I can proceed.
My son age 1.6years he has 'nursing bottle Carrie' syndrome and we have consulted two dentist and they suggest me for RCT and I am so much worried because of my child is to infant, kindly suggest me the best treatment procedure ASAP.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.