Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. PremYour feedback matters!
Hello .i am having problem with my teeth while brushing in the morning blood is bleeding from teeth n gums around the teeth .can you help me in solving this?
My sister is having gum problem, due to that at the age of 27, her front teeth started shaking and she had to take out four teeth and now also she is having pain in inside teeth, what to do pls advice.
I am 62 years old suffering from hyperacidity and indigestion. Constant toothache. What should I do? medicine like dompan helps only for few hours.
I am 54 year old lady. I am suffering mouth ulcer past 7 months, at present I have taken ayurvedic medicine, but not cure. Give me the correct suggestion.
Canker sore is a kind of mouth ulcer or an open and painful sore. It is the most common and prominent type of mouth ulcer, which usually affect lips, inner cheeks or tongue. This a yellow or white spot surrounded by reddish sore. Canker sore can be either complex or simple. The common type of canker sore affects people between 10 to 20. Generally, canker sore develops in people who were previously attacked by it.
The symptoms of canker sores may include:
1. Large sores
2. An outbreak in sores
3. Excruciating pain
4. High fever
There can be many risk factors for canker sores. It may develop into a severe oral ulcer. Canker sores can also be triggered genetically. There are various causes of canker sores, which may include:
1. Viral infection
3. Hormonal fluctuations
4. Food allergy
5. Menstrual cycle
6. Mineral or vitamin deficiency
7. Immunity system problem
8. Mouth injury
Canker sores can cause difficulties in swallowing and chewing. Most of the canker sores need no treatment; they can heal on their own. There are many ways by which you can prevent canker sores, those may include:
1. Avoid some food items which can cause irritation in your mouth
2. Avoiding citrus foods like - lemon, orange, acidic vegetables and spicy fried foods
3. Avoiding problems through gum chewing
4. Brushing in a slow manner with soft-bristle tooth-brush
5. Brushing at least two times a day, especially after heavy meals
6. Drinking a lot of fluid
However, a canker sore heals on its own, without any treatment. Taking care of your oral health on a regular basis would rescue you from having canker sores. If you keep your mouth clean it would help you fight bacteria. Sometimes pain can become severe, and you might need some medications to cure your canker sores.
There are some ways through which you can treat your canker sore.
1. Antimicrobial mouth wash
2. Antibiotic medicines
3. Corticosteroid ointment
4. Prescribed mouthwash
5. You can gargle with salt and warm water
6. Orabase can also be used to create numbness
Sometimes canker sores can pop up for stress. If stress is the reason for your canker sore then some stress reduction methods like meditation, deep breathing and calming technique will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ma mouth is not remain fresh Aft. Having been brushed it I have had tear on tongue when I have been cleaning ma tongue. Do I have any problem? This is happening from last 5-6 months.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, consult a dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.