Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preetha PeethambarYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old and my tooth is to be root canal so does root canal causes pain and I am scared of injectn so is there any other way to numb the tooth?
Flum is coming in the mouth regularly especially after eating food (inside cold) and not allowing me to eat large. I have been prescribed the following medicines AURAMIN FORTE, L_CETRI, PANTOCALM, MOXIFLACIN I took one week no remedy and I can not even food properly. It is not allowing me to eat more. Can I continue the medicines or stop it?
I am Md Azhar Uddin and My age is 26 Year's. My Problem is that very pain of my left hand and my pain of my teeth.
Dear Dr. my 4 teeth were effected by germs so I get pain early morning while brush and also get blood from teeth so what to do.
Sir kuch din pehle mein nib khol raha tha front Wale teeth se to uska thoda sa chura nikal aaya. Kuch din tak to koi problem nahi hui ab jab main kuch garam khata hu to usme zhanzhanahat si hoti hai, halka fulka dard hota h. Fir baad mein thik ho jata hai. What should I do right now. Ye daant nikalwana to nahi padega. Agar nikalwana pada to jitna kharcha aa jayega.
I am 35 yrs old female, I have yellow teeth and bad odour in mouth. The odour comes when I don't eat for 2-3 hours. What to do?
I am suffering from toothache in my right of my mouth and sometimes hot and cold food and drinks makes pain. Which is too high. Tell me what to do.
Hi. I am having sensitivity problem. Its more sensitive. I can't take ice cream, chocolates, even some biscuits. Last 10 days I am using sensodine paste. Its good. But anyway I want to know the reason and remedies also.
मुहँ के अनदर गाल की मे जलन है और खुरदुरापन है ये 15, 20 दिनो से है दवा खाने पर ठीक हो गया था लेकिन फिर हो गया है क्या करू कोई उपाय बताय सर या कोई doctor बताये plz.
Hi doc's! I don't know what is happening in my gums. Its become red and I am not able to eat little bit of spicy food. Please suggest.
Hi sir/madam I am suffering with tooth decay problem since 3 months what to do now I need to consult the doctor or is there any tooth paste for that.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.