Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Hi sir/mam mjhe suicidal thought aa rhe h what should i do ? mere hands m bhi shivering ho rhi h please advice
Sir. My hands, my body, my legs used to vibrate every time, whether I am holding anything or not. I am just 20, please help me out.
I have migraine headache problem. I get headache for every other reason. and I am severe acidic. Not getting any solution even after consulting allopathy ayurvedic n homeopathic doctors. Please advise is there any solution for it.
I am 47 years male since one month I am suffering from numbness entire left part of the body skull to foot.
Recently I have no sensation of touch. Like if anyone touch me also I can't recognise properly. And also if phone is in vibrate mode also I can't feel that sensation.
Hello. I have acute pain in Neck, numbness ,huge Tingling symptoms of cervical .Though I am doing hte permanent typical exercise for this but unable to get ride it. I wanted to really get rid of it. Please guide me best.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor