Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Prateek NayakYour feedback matters!
I m suffering from sinus. Tell me the name of medicines that I should take, Also tell me home mede remedy to cure sinus. Thanks.
I have continuous sneezing every morning which sometimes lead to hard cold and sore throat what shal I do.
I am 22 year male. I feel cough in my throat from last 2 weeks. What is the wrong with me and what should I do?
I am a male 65 Yrs. Of age. I am suffering from Throat infection due to which my voice has become hoarse and I can hardly speak. This ailment is recurring whenever I have excess of lime / lemon or sour flavoured foodstuff or one two many cold drinks especially with ice.
I'm 36 have blocked nose which tablet would give instant relief. What can I do to avoid massive congestion or breathing hassle as for quick relief.
I am 29 years old, got a distracted listening problem with pus from both the ears. I already had a cochlear bone implant on left ear to reduce the pus and improve in listening. But the problem is same as before. Please suggest. I do not wish to prefer any operation at this busy schedules and responsibility.
Hello, I have a severe throat pain. I think I have a bacterial infection because I see some white patches near the tonsils. Should I take azithromycin for this infection. Will this medicine be a right choice? Please suggest. Thanks.
I have a problem some times blood coming from my nose while I sneeze. But not in every time it happens sometimes like once in a month. What is the reason for that.
I can't walk barefoot whenever I walk barefoot I feel giddy. Tell me the best treatment of this so can I walk barefoot.
I got some sort of nodes on both side of my neck. They are not painful. And not much visible without seeking much with the hand. So I want to know that these are tonsils or any other thing.
I am having a sweet like taste below my throat nd above my chest area closer to throat from many days. When I eat something bitter for 1 or 2 days it goes away automatically but then comes back on eating something sweet. Help me plz.
I am 27 yrs old male. When I am swallowing something a sharp pain occurs in rhomboid muscles area. Also when I stretch my neck or press my throat area pain occurs near shoulder blade area. This problem is happening with me for last 1 monthbut from last three days it has increased a lot. Not ableto eat food or sleep properly.
I am feeling very weak. My weight is also very less it is 45 kg. Many times feel giddiness. What should i do?
Hi, I am 35 years old. Now I am suffering from throat pain I can not eat anything while eating I feel so pain. I consulted doctors and gave me RABETEROL-L tablet but I do not feel better.
Sir I have much cold problem and very much itchy problem in nose. I m very sensitive to cold. So please tell me good living and foods to protect myself.
Hearing is an essential process in everyone's life. Be it your social life or professional activities, hearing influences every aspect of your life. You can thus, never ignore the health of your ears to enjoy a healthy life. But there are several hindrances to obstruct effective hearing. One of the problems is the accumulation of a natural substance called cerumen produced by the glands present in the ear canal. The accumulated cerumen is medically referred to as Earwax. Over production of cerumen is mainly triggered by the deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids, zinc and magnesium.
The basic function of the wax is to protect the ear canal from invasion by foreign particles like bacteria and dust particles. This is necessary for the smooth functioning of the ear and its protection from invaders. However, it becomes an irritating problem when the earwax is produced in excess. The problem aggravates when the ear canal is blocked due to accumulation of earwax. In such cases, we use certain objects such as bobby pins, Q-tips or cotton swabs to clean the accumulated earwax from the ear canal. What we do not realise is that pricking the wax using these objects can sometime cause significant damage to the ear. These objects push the wax deep inside the canal, leading to blockage.
The most common symptoms of excessive earwax are as follows:
- Developing a fullness feeling in the ears
- Loss of hearing on temporary basis
- Noises inside the ear
Here are the preventive measures to remove ear wax blockage:
- In order to prevent blockage of ear wax, try keeping it moist by frequently running water into your ear while taking a bath. This will prevent the ear wax from getting dried up so that it doesn’t get blocked in the ear canal. Make sure, you drain the water from the ear after running it for some time.
- Don’t use any pointed objects inside the ears as it can cause ear infection while pushing the wax deeper.
- Avoid inserting cotton swabs or ear buds into the ear canal. You can use them to remove exposed ear wax at the ear opening, but don’t push them deep inside the ear canal. It can push the excess ear wax inside the ear canal, thereby resulting in to an impact.
- Don’t use candle ear wax remover. Ear candles are another method to remove ear wax, but it can be really dangerous as you need to hold the lighted candle very close to your ear. It can even burn your ear.
- Don’t use cold water or a strong jet to drain out the excess ear wax. Strong jet can lead to the damage of the ear drum while cold water may result into dizziness.
- Avoid using any other method to remove ear wax at home, such as suction.
- Don’t use any type of acidic liquid in order to soften the ear wax.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good for mitigating the problem of ear wax. So, include walnuts, avocados, salmon, albacore and ground flax seed in your diet.
- Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after using home remedies.