Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prashanth Patil
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Prashanth PatilYour feedback matters!
What should be the daily diet chart to reduce inflammation due to hla b27 positive and having symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?
I am 31 year old male. I have pain in my joints and ankle, there is calcium deposition comes in x ray and my uric acid is 8.1. Kindly suggest what I have to take medicines?
Why is my shoulder pain every day please say me doctor I am feeling very painful I don't no why pain my shoulder.
I have a hard pain in my left hand si that reason I can't lift or carry any heavy thing for a moment so what can I do in.
Sometimes I feel warm near my neck region. Its remain for few minutes. Is this acidity or something else?
Dear Dr. I am having back pain as well as lower abdominal pain. And while passing urine burning sensation is there is this normal infection.
Hi I am 24 years old. My hand and legs are vibrate and also pain in my joint like knees etc so what is problems in my body?
I am 39 years old Female, I have unbearable ankle pain from last two month and not an injury in past, I have taken some painkiller and also checked-up for blood report but no negativity in that report , what cause is it ?
I have slip disc l4, l5 Should I avoid carrying weights. More over what are the exercise I must follow?
Sir , I am having severe leg pain (left leg) so that I can't walk freely sir please suggest some medicine for me.
There are many situations under which people may go through joint or muscle damage. There are other portions that may also go through the side effects of such damage. During the damage, a knee ligament might be overstretched (sprained), or at times even torn. A ligament tear can be incomplete (only a portion of the filaments that make up the tendon are torn) or complete (the tendon is torn totally). Knee tendon wounds can bring about pain, swelling, wounding and lessen the movement of your knee. Your knee joint may feel unsteady and you may walk with a limp.
There are four tendons in the knee that could get damage:
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two noteworthy tendons in the knee. It connects the thighbone and the shinbone in the knee.
- The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) is the second significant tendon in the knee also connecting the thighbone to the shinbone in the knee.
- The lateral collateral ligament (LCL) connects the thighbone to the fibula, the littler bone of the lower leg on the parallel or external side of the knee.
- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) additionally connects the thighbone to the shinbone on the medial or inside of the knee.
Side effects can include the following:
- A popping sound or feeling at the time of the injury can in some cases be heard if a ligament is entirely torn.
- Swelling of your knee. When a tendon is harmed, there might be some bleeding inside your knee joint from the harmed tendon. This can lead to knee swelling. The level of swelling will rely upon the seriousness of the damage. Minor ligament sprains may bring about a little amount of swelling, though totally torn ligaments may cause more damage.
- Pain in your knee. Once again, the level of pain depends upon the seriousness of the knee damage.
- Your knee might ache even on touching it.
- Chondromalacia patella is a condition in which the cartilage under the knee cap becomes softer.
- A feeling that your knee is might not be stable or even if you would be able to stand on it. This may make you limp. This too depends upon how serious the damage to the tendon is.
- Wounds around your knee can occur at times. It might take some time to heal.
Treatments that can help elevate the pain are as follows:
- Rest the knee
- Ice your knee to get rid of pain and swelling
- Apply compression on your knee
- Raise your knee on a pad when you are sitting or resting
- Wear a knee brace to balance the knee
- Take painkillers as recommended by your specialist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.