Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prakash Babu
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prakash BabuYour feedback matters!
A brow lift is also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical cosmetic procedure that corrects flaws in the skin above the eyes. It flattens the lines and wrinkles on the skin, tightens the sagging skin that appears to advance in age and restores youthful skin. More and more people are undergoing the treatment every year with a high rate of success.
Features that can be corrected with brow lifts:
- Sagging and horizontal eyebrows that create an expression of exhaustion
- Deep horizontal folds on the forehead skin
- Excess fatty skin that droops over the eyelids
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
Types of brow lift and the respective procedures
- Traditional or coronal brow lift: The patient is put under general anesthesia and an incision is made on the forehead, just below the hairline to hide the scar. The excess skin is removed and the necessary skin tissues are lifted and tightened for a smooth appearance. Finally, the incision is stitched up.
- Endoscopic brow lift: This surgery is also done under general anesthesia, but a number of tiny incisions are made on the scalp. An endoscope is put in through the incisions so that the area of surgery is seen on a computer screen. Other surgical instruments are used to lift the skin tissue on the forehead, reposition the eyebrows and remove all the extra skin and muscle tissue. Then, the incisions are closed with stitches. Now-a-days endoscopic brow lift is undertaken requring specific instrument and training.
- Temporal incision brow lift: This procedure is done with eyelid surgery. It requires larger incisions than those of endoscopic brow lift and these cuts are made just above the temples. Then the tissues above the eyebrows are repositioned, extra tissues between the eyebrows are also removed to flatten the frown lines.
Post-surgical care and recovery
- You have to stop smoking and taking anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medication for a few weeks before and after the surgery.
- Using a cold compress is recommended in case of post-surgical pain. There may also be prescribed ointments that are applied at the cut.
- Your head needs to be kept elevated when lying down for a few days.
- You should have gauze and clean towels readily available in case of minor bleeding.
- You may also experience slight swelling and bruising on the non-operated areas of the face. The pain and itching sensations experienced during recovery are milder in case of traditional brow lift than in case of endoscopic brow lift.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My face is dry so can I use nivea men dark spot reduction, moisturizer spf30 for glowing face for me.
I have pimple problems. Mine is oily skin. I have more pimples and pimple marks in my face. Am using ayurveda facewash n cream then also I hav that problem. What is best solution for that?
There are over 3000 skin problems that are known in medical history. From moles to rashes, hives to eczema, skin discoloration to oozing, the list is a long one. While some are temporary and disappear by themselves, some could be extremely dangerous if not treated early. Good news is that most skin disorders are treatable. Here is a list of frequent skin disorders that can affect any individual:
- Acne: Acne is mostly witnessed in teenagers through the phase of puberty. This is a non-infectious disease which is caused due to the presence of pustules, papules, and blackheads. Acne is caused due to hormonal spread and goes by itself by the age of 20-30. This can leave behind scars.
- Razor bumps: If a portion of the hair which is present below the follicular pore is shaved off, it curls within resulting into an inflammatory condition known as the razor bumps. It mostly occurs when a hair gets extracted due to close shaving. This is mostly seen in the beard area.
- Rosacea: This is a chronic condition characterised by dilation of the blood vessels, redness, pustules, and papules. Overgrowth of rhinophyma is also observed in some cases. This condition is mostly seen in adults and can give an impression of acne during the beginning. Anti-inflammatory treatment is required to get this disease under control.
- Cold Sores: `This condition is caused by a virus known as herpes simplex. The latter resides in the cells of the spinal cord and can travel through the peripheral nerve to attack the lip. They can stay for a time span of 8-10 days. Medical attention is necessary if the condition recurs frequently.
- Athlete’s food: It is an infection of the stratum corneum which is caused by a fungus known as the dermatophyte. This condition can be both inflammatory and anti-inflammatory. In the case of the former, there could be frequent itching followed by heavy irritation and dry scaling. This infection can be easily treated by applying antifungal creams that are readily available over the counter.
- Eczema: It is a condition of the gene that that is responsible for chronic and oozing dermatitis. Places, where they occur the most, include elbow and knee. They can also result in asthma and fever. Eczema occurs in early childhood of an individual and gets better with age. Doctors recommend topical steroids and emollients.
- Melasma: This condition often results from pregnancy and oral contraceptive medicines. It is a pigmentation which is flat and brownish in appearance. They can be visible on forehead, upper lip and cheeks of a person. Exposure to sunlight can make the spots darker. These infections are persistent in nature and very hard to get rid of.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.