Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PavanaYour feedback matters!
My teeth is in yellow in colour. I have used many tooth paste but there is no difference. I do not know what to do. Can you please tell me?
What is the regular time period for tooth cleaning? implant treatment is recommended up to what age? What prerequisites are required to carry out root canal treatment in teeth? What is the best way for avoiding food particles in between small gaps in teeth?
As we say precaution is better than cure so for healthy gums
-practise good oral hygiene
-brush twice daily
-use warm water for gargles
-use a good quality soft toothbrush
-change your brush every 3-4 months
-garlge with warm water after every meal
-avoid junk and sticky food
-visit your dentist every six months.
I am 20 years old I take brush twice in a day but my teeth color is yeiiow please tell the reason doctor.
I am 26 years old while sleeping I am getting mouth watering and even though I will do brush twice a day but I am unable to control z suggest me how to get rid from this.
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
My Four Pre-molar teeth have cavities, should I go for tooth restoration? And which restoration is best Amalgam or composite? Is their is any side effects of amalgam Filling?
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female I had tooth caries. And today my dentist removed my teeth. He told new teeth have to fetch after 30 days. Pls tell me can I eat foods with new duplicate teeth like normal tooth. Or else any causes will occur? I'm so scared Pls give me your valuable advice.
I am 23 year old my tooth get easily broken even biting small stones in our food what is the problem?
I am 19 years old. I am having ulcers problem because of which I am not able to drink or eat anything. Would you please help me?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.