Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P B CariappaYour feedback matters!
How to whiten teeth naturally? I brush regularly N my teeth are not very yellow But mildly yellow I want them white n bright Help.
Sir I have mouth ulcer problem every month I have this problem I have consult to many doctor but it doesn't work. I have taken Cortimax tablet.
I am18 year boy, 4years before I developed black markings on my tongue. From there markings started spreading. Now my tongue looks nearly black. Please advice me something that I can do with it.
Hi, my new teeth got infected. Should I remove it or go for treatment. Which one is best currently its not paining thog.
My mouth always smelling due to which I have hesitation to talk face to face with someone, please help me!
I am getting blood when I do brush from last 15-20 days. What is the solution for this and why this happen.
I have a problem of bad breath:(I have been facing these since many years. I brush my teeth twice a day. Even after brushing I have bad breath. Soon after brushing also I have a bad breath. I think and I observed that this bad breath comes from stomach. How do I overcome this problem?
There is pain in hard palate of my mouth I have this problem from last 2 to 3 yrs. When this happens that area becomes red, my body becomes completely weak. My mouth also smells bad despite of brushing regularly and using mouth wash. Some times small peace of cough also comes out from my mouth which smells awkward in the same way my mouth smells. After taking anti biotic I get cured but again it happens regularly after 15 to 20 days . I went to dentist as well as ent specialist. They gave me a lot of different medicine's. But still I face the problem. What should I do now?
I am 31 years old male and I have cavities in my teeth and also pains with teeth. Tell me what should I do?
Manual Toothbrush vs. Electric Toothbrush
In a world where every little thing is being automated, why must the activity of brushing your teeth be left behind? Well unless scientists come up with a technique that entirely renders brushing your teeth unnecessary, the only thing we can rely on as of today is easing the activity. And that has been done by bringing in the electronic toothbrushes in the market.
The manual toothbrush was invented in the 1930s. Several upgrades and updates were added to the toothbrush, and in the 1990s, the electronic toothbrush was introduced. Is it better than the manual toothbrush, or is the vintage route more beneficial, let's take a look:
- Cost: Electronic toothbrushes cost significantly more than manual toothbrushes. A manual toothbrush could cost on an average Rs. 30-Rs.40, whereas an electronic toothbrush costs close to Rs.400-Rs.500.
- Features: Unless you have a set timer in front of you, the time you take to brush your teeth manually solely depends on you. Electronic toothbrushes come with a built in timer which you can set at 2 minutes or more (2 minutes being the appropriate time considered for effective cleaning of teeth). This built-in timer saves you from relying on your guesswork and effectively helps you clean your teeth according to the recommended timings.
- Convenience: Manual toothbrushes are convenient to carry while traveling. They have negligible weight and can fit into any travel pouch easily. Electronic toothbrushes, on the other hand, are heavy in weight and need a battery charger to be carried along, which makes them a pain to carry around.
- Effort: Electronic toothbrushes significantly reduce your effort put into the activity. All you need to do is tilt your toothbrush to a 45-degree angle, and let the toothbrush do all the work. Whereas, manual toothbrushes, require you to carefully use proper brushing techniques to get the best results and thus require more effort.
- Options: Manual toothbrushes come with a huge variety of bristles, heads, colors etc. For sensitive gums, one can pick a toothbrush with soft bristles; for kids, one can pick a toothbrush with a smaller head to fit into their mouths. Electronic toothbrushes, as of today do not come in a variety of sizes or bristle types. Thus, the choice and utility are restricted.
And the most important factor-
Oral health maintenance: Electronic toothbrushes are known to give better results in comparison to manual toothbrushes when it comes to removing plaque and gingivitis. Also in the case of children when you cannot ensure whether they are brushing their teeth properly, electronic toothbrushes come to the rescue.
Though electronic toothbrushes give better results with lesser effort, manual toothbrushes have their own conveniences, too.