Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I am unable to attach image, my problem is, during last few months I have small not so large white layer in inside mouth cheek .It attached to inside mouth wall. When I scrape by figure or by tongue it detached and stick to finger. And I feel low energy through out day and fatigued. Can you help me please.
Hello doctor. I want to know that my brother's mouth some problems like mouth smell tongue spot problem cavity. So if you help me some mouth type activities so please inform me.
Living in guj, height 5'8" weight 86 irregular timings and less exercise and bit tummy what should I do to lose weight? Apart from medicines and changing daily diet habits or what? What diet chart should I follow Having constipation and sometimes foul smell from mouth and dry mouth.
I am losing my gums quisky so please help me. My gums can reduce. please give me suggestion for my gums.
I am suffering my left side teeth getting pain so what medicine and what is treatment for this pain?
My two lower front teeth is covered with yellow stain and has become weak and gums are also bleeding. If I cleaned from dentist it will definitely broken. Please suggest how can I cure it?
Is there any cream or something to whiten our teeth. I drink tea nd coffee. And now my teeth are become yellow, kindly help.
Sir, My question is related to dental. Whenever I talk to any one I found smell in my mouth and blood comes out when I make kula with water.Please suggest me what to do?
I have a big cavity, dentists are telling to have rct what should I do I have done it earlier but because of pain I left in the middle what should I do?
I want to push back my teeth to its original position and I want a treatment with a low of cost, what will be minimum cost required for this treatment.
My tongue is burning throughout the day. Endoscopy and blood test were done but found nothing. What should I do?
Doctor, My front upper teeth was half broken 10 years before, after that I went yo the doctor and 6 years before Dr. Removed my that teeth which as that teeth was getting black. Then Dr. Replaced that teeth with artificial teeth giving it support of two side teeth. He drilled my side teeth and then supported my artificial teeth with caps which r now fixed permanent. Now my upper three teeth and gums are getting black and also give bad smell. Its been happening me since 5-6 years back but I thought it might be because it is newly replaced but its still the same problem and everytime people asks me about my blackening of teeth. I also do not have visited any dentist since then. So what should I do please suggest. I also want to replace teeth with a new one, can it be possible?
My daughter is 11 years old our opinion is going for teeth clip, since her teeth is protruded due to thumb sucking from childhood.
My age is 52. Three teeth already fell down. The gap is there. The top side right side teeth gap gum is giving pain when hot or cold thing drinking or eating for the past 2 months. Give me/suggest me give medicine to come back to original.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.