Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Nisha VardrajYour feedback matters!
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Fever ke liye medicine and pain in my arms and my all body will be lazy and What I do for devlapb mind.
Hello Doctor, if person increase the uric acid. How can we treat more efficiency ?please tell me the food or prescription?
Hello Doctor My Brother is 24 years old he had typhoid fever 2 months back and doctor took scan in lever they told the lever is like big size so doctor told not eat oil foods drink hot water now he's following that its I Want to Know It will cure or need to take any other treatment or its savior problem?
I am 22 years old n have a habit of chewing ice a lot. Please help to know what can be the problems related to this. I have read that it may lead to anaemia. Is it true?
I am suffering from cold and cough from last 2 weeks I feel chest pain when I cough hard and lots of pain in head and all body.
I have very much pain in my chest left side and I am having deep pain in it also I am admitted in Jagrani Hospital in Lucknow. So please help me.
My daughter aged 40 suffers from ITP --LOW PLATELET -----FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS ---ON wysolone /DAPSONE WHAT ARE OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS?
Will vitamin d save my life should I really be taking for time the recommended daily dose is it OK to cleanse your body fasting?
I want to stop my snoring habit. As my parents faces problem while sleeping in night. Please give me some suggestions to stop my snoring habit.
I have blood urea nitrogen photometry 7.81 mg/dl (7.9-20) --tc /hdl cholesterol ratio 5.5 (3-5) --ldl /hdl ratio 3.6 (1.5-3) non-hdl cholesterol 160.3 mg/dl (160) lymphocyte percentage 44.3 (20-40) basophils-absolute count 0.01 (0.2-0.10) mean corp. Homo. Conc (mchc) 30.9 g/dl (31.5-34.5) could you please let me know what does these test results mean. Thank you.
I am going to be a condition that I am not sure what it is that I am always a headache and I don't know how to cure it.
Stroke has a new indicator Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue
STROKE: Remember the 1st Three Letters.....
S. T. R.O.K.E.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
S *Ask the individual to SMILE.
T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A
SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)
R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.
New Sign of a Stroke -
Stick out Your Tongue!
NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is
'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication.