Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NishaYour feedback matters!
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.
When will Dr. Jeremy mao stem cell tooth regeneration be available in clinics! Can any one help me out with this!
I am 26 years old and I am planning to go for braces as I have unattractive smile. Which one should I choose? Ceramic or metal? Do both have side effects? Is there any better and effective way to treat this dental problem. Is is safe?
I have been suffering from teeth grinding in the night. As soon as I slept, I started grinding my teeth till I wake up from sleep, I have consulted so many Dentist but I have not been properly diagnosed, they told me it is due to stress and tension, not curable but I don't feel any stress, Please advise if there is Amy remedy.
After eating, if I will not clean my teeth then after what time decay will start in teeth. after eating what should I do for cleaning of my teeth fully I have teeth decay and bed smell so how to remove full decay and be free from bed smell.
Mere teeth mae cavity hai abhi few days say start hui hai kya karu iska. What to do for teeth and please tell to me best suggestion for teeth? I am not want to lost my teeth because reason teeth is personality for person. please helps to me.
Whenever I eat something whether in morning or evening, day or night, after an hour or so my mouth starts smelling like rancid food. No one is able to talk with me. Please suggest some basic ways or medicines for the cure.
I have been suffering from severe toothache. It looks like i'm having sensitive teeth. I'm getting pain especially when i'm eating or drinking cold stuff. Please guide me.
I have rct of my tooth 4 year ago. But now mild pain start in that tooth. Not continuously but when I chew something. I consult doc. He said that your rct is not done properly. So he advice me re RCT. What should I do. please guide me.
Hello, I suffering from. My tongue is going thicker to thicker and make me in problem like in talking, some time in breathing.
Hello I am getting bad smell.From my mouth from last 1 month I.Have tried many home remidies and tabs, but still it is not going I am afraid and feeling shy to talk to someone please help me
Since birth i am suffering from mouth breathing problem. Prominent eyes, flat cheek bones,weak lower jaw. I am done with braces. Now i think i need double jaw surgery.
I have a ulcer problem in my mouth and sometimes in throat. So give me an advice what to do and medicine for it.
I am 28 year old boy, for few days, I am observing that my gum is swelling and bleeding, I want to know which medicine I should take?
Dear Doctor, I am facing a new problem from last 3 months. My problem is bed smell in my mouth and of course a mouth ulcers are there inside my mouth. I brush my teeth twice daily and also use liquid mouth wash. But the problem remain same. I am facing a lot of problems when talking to others. An complex is working always inside me which is lacking my confidence. Pls suggest me a remedy so that I can get rid of this problem. And also adding an additional information about me that I am an 100'/, non alcoholic and non smoking person.
Sensitivity of the teeth can be because of multiple reasons
1)Too hard brushing or brushing your teeth with a hard brush can wear off the proctective layer of your teeth called the enamel which can lead to sensitivity.
2)Rubbing of acidic food , baking soda etc can wear off the enamel.
3)Drinking Aerated drinks on regular basis.
4)Conditions like hard clenching or bruxism