Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala RYour feedback matters!
What is the duration of sperm contamination in bladder to get pregnancy and what is the suggested duration between one to another intercourse.
I am 19, female now I am 3 weeks pregnant but I am not planned for children. I am not completed graduation so I am thinking first complete my studies but my parents was forced me. Is any problem to the age to delivery.
Uterine fibroids are abnormal growth that manifests in the uterus of the woman. Hormones and a family history of the same are the usual causes listed for such a growth. As per many medical reports, about 70 to 80% women over the age of 50 years, experience such growths. The most common symptoms of the condition include heavy bleeding during the menstrual cycle or even at other times of the month, as well as severe pain in the abdomen.
Read on to know eight facts about these fibroids.
- These fibroids may be caused by a family history of the same and is usually passed down by the mother. The other causes include excessive hormonal imbalance and changes as well as pregnancy and obesity.
- Heavy urination is one of the most common symptoms of this condition, as the fibroids may press against the uterus and cause pressure in the area. Also, for those who have not reached menopause yet, this condition may also cause heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- A Pelvic MRI scan is one of the most common ways of diagnosing the condition with the creation of images that will show any anomalies and growth in the uterus, ovaries and cervix.
- Medication may be used in order to control and regulate the levels of hormone production and release. This can affect the fibroids by making them shrink eventually.
- All fibroids do not point at the progression of cancer. If you have uterine fibroids, it does not mean that you have to have cancer. The symptoms may be similar and the condition is usually called uterine sarcoma. Usually, the diagnosis can only be done with the help of a sugary which will remove the growth and then study the same in the lab to find whether or not it is malignant. This process is known as a biopsy.
- They are the most common reason behind undergoing a hysterectomy. Many women, the world over, have to go through a hysterectomy, which removes the uterus and even the ovaries in some cases. This usually happens when the uterine fibroids become too huge to handle and may give rise to a variety of risks and complications.
- Pregnancy may become a difficulty if you happen to have uterine fibroids. While it is still possible to become pregnant and conceive naturally, many women face problems in doing so easily because these fibroids cause changes in the uterus when it comes to the shape and size of the same.
- Many women do not experience any symptoms of the condition at all. In such cases, no treatment will be required. Yet, even in these cases, the doctor will recommend regular clinical check ups and observation in order to ensure that there are no complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have done sex at age 19. I am feeling lil bit restless and my period are not coming from last 1 month. So what can I do?
I had a child and we are planning to next children but I want gap 5 years so tell me any birth control process.
Unfortunately, if you know someone or you yourself are in a relationship with a partner who is cunning, pathological liar, narcissistic, abusive and/or you may not know what you’re dealing with.
Emotional abuse is a form of abuse in which a partner uses verbal assault, fear, or humiliation to undermine the other person's self-esteem and self-worth. Emotional abuse, in reality, can be said worse than physical abuse. Physical abuse can easily be identified by self and by others and generally gets cured with medication whereas emotional abuse leaves no physical marks but destroys the victim’s emotional and psychological well-being, sometimes permanently.
Hence it’s very important that everyone should know the signs of emotional abuse, essentially to understand such situations if ever happens to us or to our loved ones. Eminent Relationship and Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares the signs of emotional abuse as:
Frequent accusations and blame game: If one partner always tries to shift the responsibility and holds another person responsible for their relationship degradation and the rise of issues. The abusive partner hence frequently will use phrases like: “It’s your fault.” What’s wrong with you?” “You didn’t remind me.” “Nothing I do is ever enough.”
Ignoring and silent treatment is too frequent and a common behaviour: One partner shows repeated behaviour of refusing to listen and ignoring their partner’s questions, withholding eye contact and gives “silent treatment.”
Such an act is generally been used to conceal information about where he/she is going, when he/she is coming back, about financial resources and bill payments etc. Gradually such behavior is added with withholding approvals, appreciation, affection, information, thoughts and feelings to corner and control the victim
Contradicting: The abusive partner disapproves and opposes the victim’s thoughts, perceptions or their experiences of life itself. No matter what the victim may say, the abuser uses contradicting arguments to frustrate the victim and wears him/her down.
Disparaging humour: Verbal abuse is often disguised as jokes. The abuser teases, ridicules, and humiliates the victim with sarcastic remarks about his/her appearance, personality, abilities, and values. The abuser makes fun of their partner in front of friends and family because the abuser knows that victim will avoid a public confrontation.
Judging and criticising: The abuser frequently uses harsh and unfair criticism in an effort to make the victim feel unreasonable and guilty.
Remember a healthy, non-abusive relationship is built on support, admiration, empathy, balance, and personal responsibility. These elements add up to a love built on mutual respect. If your relationship feels more abusive than loving, seek help from a therapist.
Sir/madam we are newly married couple and want a child my wife had noperiods more than ten days she had a pregnancy test but test is negative what is problem behind that.
I am a 20 year old female and married. I missed my period its two days late. I am gettn cramps and I noticed very very little spotting. Am I pregnant?
I am 35 years old and female. Once 3 years back while I am travelling in train went to toilet, and since from then I got infection got itching and swelling there. I consulted doctor she gave me some antibiotics. Its cleared. After a year it showed again and I used the medicine again. Symptoms gone. But skin there is like small bubbles now. And also now I am engaged and have intercourse with my fiance, but to my shock I am getting pain inside. I afraid what will be my married life. Please suggest me.
Hi, my mother had breast cancer and she had mastectomy on her right breast. She is ongoing with chemo sessions but she has a history of identifying veins to insert needles. She has restriction of having chemo only on left hand and she has gone through 8 sessions. She is very scared of the needle insertion into her hand and the process getting very painful as her veins thinned and nurses not able to find veins and they are trying it many times by inserting the needle. Is there any spray or cream available as anesthetic to apply before inserting chemo needle so that she don't have to go through pain while finding nerves in her hand. Please advice also if using cream and spray is safe for her before chemo.
Hello, I want to know symptoms & remedies at the time of menopause. Please give information about it. Thank you.
I am 23 years old. I bleed when I go loo. Why is it happening? And please consult me what can be done?
I am having continuous periods (for about 15 days now), in little amounts and then again it stops. I have an irregulatory issue but this time its a bit different where it starts and then stops. Its continuing for about 15 days now. I am 37 years old and a mother of a 8 year old daughter. Please advice as I am utterly tensed.
Bitter gourd falls into the group of other vegetables which possess high amount of moisture. Due to its high moisture content, these vegetables are highly perishable. They contribute to high amount fiber than any other nutrients. Small bitter gourd is more nutritious than the bigger one.
There are lot of health beneficial known for the intake of bitter gourd. It has good medicinal properties that it is used in treating fever, colic, burns, chronic cough in painful manifestation of skin condition. The extract of bitter gourd helps in killing the breast cancer cells. Consuming more than 2 melons/ day may often lead to diarrhea.
There are certain evidences that consumption of bitter gourd in any form in one's daily menu, may result in the prevention or control of diabetes. The key elements in the vegetable helps in the treatment of diabetes. The key elements which showcase the anti diabetic property of this vegetable include
Charantin helps in lowering the blood glucose level. Vicine is a insulin like compound known as polypeptide p. Lectin, reduces the blood glucose level by suppressing the appetite and making the stored glucose to be used up by the body. The mechanism behind the activity is that it reduces the amount of glucose by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown the disaccharides to monosaccharide.
Thus whatsoever the vegetable is, daily consumption always have beneficial effects to the body. Hence, increase your consumption and stays healthy.