Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala RYour feedback matters!
While period problem suffering from one sided strongly headache every month. I had completed medical course of three month but once I stop it again facing the same problem, feeling very week, body pain n tiredness. Kindly suggest me best of the medicine on this.
Sir. Me and my girlfriend had sex last month. August 10 was her menses date. We semen didn't enter into her vagina, but there may be a chance for rubbing there. She swallowed my semen a lot during sex. Is that the reason for late menses date. Including today ,it became 6th day after date of menses. So did she get pregnant or swallowing semen will delay periods? Help me please.
My period is not in regular cycle since 4 months. And I have noticed many mole on my hands and face. And dry patches on my hands. Now I am worried about these sudden changes.
I am having itchiness in my vagina and I am pregnant I have tried several things but no cure. Please help. I live in Lesotho in Africa.
I am a female of age 16 yrs. I have just noticed that one of my breast is bigger than the other. I don't know from how many days it is. Why this is so? Is this any symptom of ovarian cyst or breast cancer? I am really very worried. Pls tell me.
An effective parent to child conversation can shape the child’s listening, speaking and understanding capabilities whereas an inefficient communication can lead to numerous issues in later years likes like–not listening to their parents, emotional and psychological distancing from parents, teenage problems etc. The way parents speak to their kids and to the people around them show the kids how they should talk back to their parents.
Psychologist Shivani Misri Sadhoo in her practice has found parents generally use three different ways to communicate with their kids. The first one is in an aggressive way. These parents frequently yell and convey punishments. Their children respond in many different ways, mainly they feel fearful, yell back and ignore their parents’ constant orders. The second form of parent and child communication commonly seen is a passive form. These parents mutter soft, cautious words and tones to their kids. Unfortunately these parents are so passive that sometimes when they are pushed to their limits, they suddenly turn their communication into an aggressive tone.
The third way parents can communicate with their kids is in an assertive way, which is the most effective way to communicate with kids at all levels. An assertive way of communicating is firm, consistent, clear, positive, warm and confident. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen.
Psychologist Shivani shares today some of the tips of how parents can talk assertively with their kids so they listen to them and build a healthy listening and understanding capabilities.
1. Try to use positive language– avoid saying “no” or “don’t” to your child, as much as possible. There is no doubt that if we say “Don’t drop your glass of milk” or “Don’t drop the flower vase, I will slap you” your child has that image and thought imbedded in their mind and more times than not, they will drop the glass!
Instead of telling bad circumstances and their bad consequences, try to use words that you want them to do, like “Hold onto milk glass carefully, your glass is very special”. This requires some thought and practice but it will help your child to become thoughtful and more aware about his surroundings
Also never use words that ridicule the child like “you make me feel so ashamed in front of the relatives”, or “you were a bad boy today”. Such language achieves very little rather they develop a feeling of worthless in the child. Positive and kind words help the children to develop confidence, happy feeling and behave better, encourages them to try hard and achieve success.
2. Raise your volume carefully and appropriately – remember when you use volume of your voice appropriately for the majority of the time, raising your voice in an urgent situation will not be ignored. The child will sit up and take notice of his/her mother or father because it doesn’t happen all of the time. How to use volume of your voice appropriately? Here is the check list:-
a. In situations when your child turns emotionally charged, yell at you, never compete with them. Wait till your child calms down and then talk to him/her clearly and express your points firmly with confidence.
b. Never yell from another room, like telling your child to switch off TV from kitchen. This gives the impression that you’re busy and not too serious. Rather walk into the room, join your child for a minute or two and waiting for the commercial break and then ask them to switch off the TV. This will model respectful behaviour in your child and your child will more likely to listen to you as they will know that you really mean to switch off the TV (without your yelling).
3. Express reasons – generally, children activities that parents perceive dangerous or wrong may be perceived as amazing or innovative by the child. Telling your child not to do this or that may subconsciously raise question in their mind that my mother always say ‘NO’ to things that I enjoy doing. Hence it is advisable to express the importance of following an instruction to the child. Like instead of telling your child, “don’t jump on the sofa” you can tell them, “people fall from sofa if they jump on it and if you fall on the floor you will hurt yourself”. Communicating with kids in an assertive way is a real skill yet it shows your kids that mum and dad know what they’re going on about and to listen
Mam, I am married in the month of june17 my age is 29 years after marriage onwards my periods are irregular in the month of june I have got my regular period as usual for 3 days but after 7th day of my period I again bladder for more 3 days after in the month of july I got my periods 10 days before that's on 14th actually my period date is on 24th. In the month of August I got my period on 19th and it's ended on 2nd of sep I consult a games and she given me destrogen 21 days capsules she told me that I will get period again on 4th oct but I got my period on 1st oct she asked me to come on 2nd day of my period again I consulted her n now she gave me ovuloc capsules after coming home I read that ovuloc capsule is for prevention of pregnancy n in net I searched for destrogen tablet it's also for prevention of pregnancy my question is I am getting correct treatment or not and I am not looking for pregnancy prevention I want to be pregnant and I have told the doctor also that I am looking for pregnancy she told me that to take this capsules compulsory for 21 days n after that she treat for fertility please help me out I have to use this ovuloc capsules or not. please reply me.
I am having irregular periods after one miscarriage of 3 month. Gaining weight and hairs falling and trying to conceive but not successful.
I am newly married person and I had a difficult situation now, that my wife is suffering from heavy blood lose and stomach pain during her periods and taken to hospital few day ago. During the consultation I understood that she is having this problem since the age of 18 and using the tab droniz 20 for the past 5 years, and we couldnt have sex till now because she is experiencing breast pain also with this and having irritations in touching her private parts ,is this a side effect of the tab or any thing else, recent scan report of uterus indicates that the wall thickness is high. Whom should I consult to solve these issues, is there any complication in having sex this condition since the no blood flow or pain is now existing other than breast pain. Please consider this with prior importance, her bp is always low as 60/100.
I want to conceive. I had got 6.5% glycosylated haemoglobin in blood report but if I checked my blood sugar levels it never exceeded 90 in fasting so I want to know am I diabetic or not. I have to cut off sugar totally or l can have some.
Mere first time period missed hua to mai pregnancy test se check ki to positive kaa sign aaya 2 month baad mera bleeding start ho gya jab mai docter k paas gai to pata chala mujhe molar pregnancy hua mai 2 oct 2016 mei apna abortion karwai. Ab mai phir pregnant bnana chahti hoon? Mai apne husband ke saath relationship mei hoon without any protection? Now please help me what's the reason I am not get pregnant?
I am 25 year old woman. I want to know that how to conceive bcz normally I was not get pregnant so pls help me about this term.
I have tested twice in 2 days interval. It was negative. Last month I got periods with the delay of 10 days. Now it is delayed by 15 days. Last 1 week I have mouth bitter and tiredness. But the pregnancy test was negative. So I am little scared and confused. Pls advice.
I have pcod problem I am trying to conceive my doctor suggested ovaa shield ds sustan capsules and my follicular study in day 17 is free fluid in pod and left dominant follicle collapsed
Once you have got the happy news of a little one coming soon in your life, you should start taking some special care so that you can enjoy the journey of pregnancy and get a healthy baby (learn about Dietary Dos and Don'ts for Pregnancy)
These are some pointers you have to follow during pregnancy:
Maintain good hygiene during pregnancy. Take bath regularly. Warm shower or sponge bath is considered better than tub bath.
Brush your teeth regularly and have a regular dental check up. Caries tooth can be extracted after 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Avoid wearing tight clothes and shoes with high heels. Wear loose and light clothes.
Take lots of fluid, fresh fruits & vegetables.
Take a diet which is light, nutritious, easily digestible & rich in protein, less fat, minerals and vitamins.
Stop smoking and drinking alcohol. It can cause miscarriage, defect in the development and growth of the baby.
Avoid jerky travelling, especially in 1st 12 wks and last 6wks of pregnancy. Prolonged sitting in a car or plane should be avoided. Air travel is not advisable to women who have high blood pressure, less hemoglobin (anemia) and low lying placenta.
Avoid taking any unprescribed drugs, exposure to X-Ray & chemicals especially in the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Take adequate rest in the lateral position and relax 1-2 hrs in the afternoon & 8 hrs at night.
Start taking folic acid at least 3 months before planning pregnancy & continue it till the 1st 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Start taking iron & calcium after 12 wks of pregnancy and continue it throughout pregnancy and 6 months post delivery.
Exercise regularly during pregnancy. Walking is the best exercise, but long periods of walking should be avoided. Also avoid heavy weight lifting and prolonged standing. Diving, water sking, gymnastic, netball, hockey, horse riding, cycling, rock-climbing, & scuba diving exercises should be avoided during pregnancy.
If you have any of these symptoms - vaginal bleeding, persistent abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, watery discharge from vagina, less or no fetal movement, severe headache, swelling on hands, face & feet, fever, dizziness, blurring of vision, double vision, spots before eyes, painful urination and diarrhea, immediately consult your gynecologist.
In year 2015, I missed my periods for 5 consecutive months. I consulted a gynaecologist. She recommended a lower abdomen ultrasound. Some cysts were present on the right ovary. I was put on medicine trapic for a few days to get menstruating which I did for a good 15 days after which I have to take primoulnet to stop them. Then I was put on medical for 3 months and then another ultrasound was done. I was diagnosed with PCOD. By then I had started gaining and lose weight. Periods got normal for 2-3 months. Then problem started again. The entire process as repeated. Till Dec 2016 several times ultrasounds were one. Then finally a MRI scan was done coupled by blood test AFP, BETA HCG, ca 125. Blood test results were negative. After seeing my MRI report doctor concluded that I might have tuberculosis of lymph nodes and has prescribed a chest X-ray and a skin test. I have lost a total of 32 kgs till now. I do not take any hormones. What should I do now. please help. I again missed my periods.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. First, acknowledge your fear. This is a huge first step. If you do just this today, you’ve done something great. Many of us have these fears, but they are at the back of our mind, unnoticed, unacknowledged, as we try to ignore them and pretend they’re not there. But they are there. And they affect us. So acknowledge the fear.
2. Write it down. What’s your fear? Write it on a piece of paper. Writing it down takes the fear from the dark lurking places in the back of your mind, where it has power over you, out into the light of day, where you have power over the fear.
3. Feel the fear. Recognize that you’re not alone, that we ALL have these fears. There’s nothing wrong with having this fear. Allow yourself to feel it. It’s a part of you, but it doesn’t control you. Remember you can “feel the fear and do it anyway.”
4. Ask yourself: what’s the worst thing that can happen? Often it’s not as bad as we think. Do you fear being rejected by someone? What would happen if you were? You’d lick your wounds, you’d find someone else, and you’d go on living.
5. Just do it. To beat the fear, you have to just do it. Ignore your fears and just go for it!
6. Be in the moment. Fear of failure (and other similar fears) are fears of the future. We get caught up in worrying about what might happen. When you find yourself thinking about the past or future, bring yourself back in the moment and focus on what you’re doing right at this moment.
7. Small steps. Start small. Do something you know you can do. Allow yourself to feel good about that - and then take another small baby step. Keep doing this …
8. Celebrate every success! Make a note of every single thing you do right, even the smallest little thing. Use this feeling of success to propel yourself forward and take the next step. Then keep building on each previous success ….