Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen GopalYour feedback matters!
2 days before a hair fell inside my eye and I washed it with water to remove it. After that my right eye (in which hair fell) looks red since 2 days. With irritation and somewhat itching. I used olopatadine eye drops. Even then I have eye looking half closed in morning with pain but no discharge. Please help me.
Sir, My daughter cornea thickness is 409 and 412. Is it fit for lasik surgery. Doctor is saying that this is not fit for lasik. Please advise.
Ultrasound of left eye of my mother aged 69 suggest asteroid hyalosis bodies in vitreous chamber. Lens echos also show cataract changes. Should we go for removal of cataract at this stage.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
I m having a red eyes since 2 weeks for which its paining also all the necessary things I have done for making it good but I does not happen.
It has been over a month. I feel like there is something in my eye but there is nothing. This sensation makes me rub my eyes frequently. My spectacle power has increased recently. But I experience blurred vision at times.
A person is said to have great vision more in the metaphorical way than in the literal sense. However, having both is just so important, especially as the ability to see reduces as a person gets older. Old age comes with its own set of problems, and vision loss is one of them. If kept in check from an early age, however, vision loss can be deferred indefinitely.
While a person's eyesight is likely to deteriorate over the course of his life, there is a lot which can be done in an effort to make sure that this is not the case. To start with, it makes good sense to be regular with eye check-ups. After a person attains the age of sixty, he or she should have a doctor take a look at his or her eyes on a yearly basis. There is no point trying to conserve eye sight if a person is too late in taking corrective action. By paying a visit to the ophthalmologist, a person will get to know the exact problem that he is suffering from.
A good diet which is rich in the nutrients which improve a person's eye sight does go a very long way in the long run. A person should make sure that is diverse enough to take care of the needs of a person and should include grapefruit, strawberries as well as berries and nuts.
One of the main things which can be done in order to preserve the health of a person's eyes until he or she reaches an advanced age is to stop smoking in all forms. As a matter of fact, tobacco leads to cyanide entering the blood stream and this does a lot of damage to the eyes. In fact, quite a few irreversible conditions of the eye are caused due to this.
Exercise is said to be good for a person at any age for a variety of reasons and it is really good for even the eyes, though the link may not be immediately so clear. It reduces the risk of age related degeneration by up to 70 per cent!
What is really interesting about a person's eyes is that they can be signs of trouble in other parts of the body. For example, if a person has blurry vision, they should get checked for diabetes. Also, eyes which do not produce enough natural lubrication can show a risk of rheumatoid arthritis and perhaps even thyroid disease.
All in all, a person's eyesight is so crucial to his or her overall health and wellbeing. We have only one pair of eyes, so we might as well take care of them!