Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra ReddyYour feedback matters!
Hello doc. I recently noticed a change in my lip color from pink it's turned to skin color only upper lip with marking of lip.
I am 30 year old, my skin is having lichen planus pigmentosa. My skin is became dark brown in face neck hand. What to do?
Around my nose there are white heads appearing so what I have to do to get rid of them? Please let know.
How to cure my lip colour I am used to smoke everyday now I stopped it but now I want my lip colour (Pink)
I have black layer on my things and some itch on there &also on remain parts of lower body it is from 1 month.
I have allergy at the starting place of my legs. The color of skin is also different at those areas. And if I scratch at that area skin will damage or crash (don't know exact word) at that area but blood will not come. What should I do.
My face one side was burned by fire in childhood. And cosmetic surgery had done. But so much scar in my face. How can I get a beautiful face. please suggest me. Thanking you.
Make-up can conceal even the worst of blemishes, but there is nothing like having a fantastic skin that is glowing from within. A spotless, fresh and radiant skin grabs attention. However, it is not easy to keep your skin looking healthy at all times. You must follow a good skin care routine every day. Why every day? well, even though you visit your dentist at least twice a year, why do you brush your teeth every day? to maintain it, right? similarly, to maintain youthful skin, it’s very important to follow a proper home care regimen.
1. Cleanse, tone, moisturise
This c/t/m mantra can be miraculous for many. By following three simple steps, you can keep your skin glowing with natural beauty all day, every day! it’s important to use medical graded products than cosmetic products. The benefit of medical grade products is product strength, research and clinical trials that it undergoes, ability to give targeted treatments and depending on skin type, the results are instant.
So it’s a good idea to consult your dermatologist even when choosing c/t/m, to keep your skin young, radiant and flawless.
2. Protect with sunscreen
Make sure you apply sunscreen from head to toe every day, and use makeup that's infused with spf for even more protection. Use plenty of sunscreen. Don’t be stingy. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out in the sun, and reapply every 2 hours. Avoid exposure to the sun during peak hours.
Apply sunscreen even if you’re in the shade or it’s a cloudy day because if uvb and uva rays can penetrate the skin, they can penetrate through clouds too! the sunscreen will not only guard your skin, but will also adjoin a bit of shine to your skin.
3. Drink plenty of water
If at all you feel thirsty, it means that you are already dehydrated! skin is intricately tied to the overall health of your body. When your body is properly hydrated, you'll look better and feel better. Water gives you a radiant complexion and in addition, bloating and puffiness often disappear. Lack of water is the number one cause of daytime fatigue. Water is the vital element for healthy skin as it protects your skin, making it fresher and younger.
4. Exfoliate at least once a week
Shed that layer of dead cells by exfoliating and buffing the skin at least once per week. Exfoliation is a great way to achieve bright, smooth
My mom has red patches in her leg near anckle. Its been der for more then 2 yrs. Can I get help? any medicine? she's 47 age.
I have blackheads on my face and in my ears. I had used many creams soaps and medicines. But no effect. Can you provide me something to remove my blackheads.
I am 18 years old girl. I have uneven tone body and my original color is yellowish white. My neck is too dark so how can I have an even toned body? Please tell me some home remedies to get flawless body.
I have oily skin. Facing pimple problem. Most pimple around bottom of nose both side. And some skin is becomes reddish on chick because of pimple. What can I do?
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.