Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini G.shenoyYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
My daughter is nine months old. She doesn't take any food properly. She feels like vomiting n does vomit too. What should I do!
My son is 3 years old. He is not taking his meal properly. Always not feeling hungry. Can you suggest any iron syrup to gain some weight?
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
I am suffering from dry cold since last month and also from cough. So tell me what should I do to release from cough.
Cough and cold are very daunting diseases for anyone out there. Especially for people who have a tendency of catching cold easily. Nobody likes to have a runny nose, vigorous cough and fever. But all these symptoms occur when anyone suffers from cough and cold. However, the symptoms get doubled when anyone suffers with Whooping cough. Though any kind of chronic cough can be severe enough but whooping cough is the most panic striking among them all.
What is whooping cough?
Whooping cough begins with a little respiratory illness and includes runny nose, relentless cough. In later stages a development of vivid, copious mucus with the cough and the whoop sound while coughing develops. Whooping cough can be treated safely. If we look at the homeopathic treatment, there are various remedies for whooping cough. But first and foremost, it is very important to boost your immunity. Good immunity helps you to recover faster. Next you need to add nutrition to your diet, which are very important for your health. So intake green veggies and fruits as much as you can. Talking about the homeopathy treatment, yes there are some common homeopathic medicines available, which are prescribed for whooping cough. However, it depends upon individuals and their condition as to which one would be prescribed.
Listed are homeopathic medicines for whooping cough:
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed if anyone suffers with scanty and prolific cough along with difficulties in chest or lung. The patient may get mucus with cough, but it hardly comes out. As a result, the patient might end up vomiting in an effort to expel the mucus. The cough can be worse in this case, and the patient might feel breathless often. This medicine is prescribed in such a condition when the chest is filled with mucus, but it barely comes out.
- Drosera: This medicine is prescribed when a person experiences convulsions of coughing and ends up having cyanosis and shortness of breathing. The cough will be worse, especially at night, and the patient may end up vomiting. There is a chance of getting cramps in feet and hands while coughing.
- Belladona: This is a very common medicine for whooping cough, which is usually prescribed in the early feverish stages of whooping cough. If taken properly, it can be effective in terms of curing the illness.
Mostly in the coughing stage, patients may face violent cough with red nose and bulging out of eyes, there can be abdominal pain too. Severe irritation in larynx and headache too are noticed in this period. All the above mentioned homeopathic medicines are likely to be used in treating whooping cough infection. However, it is advised to consult a homeopathic doctor before starting any treatment.
My 2 months baby girl has been coughing for almost a week, no fever but with her cough, i'm worried something might be wrong with her? She coughs when she tries to burp or when she gets choked and it worries me. Now, when she coughs, i've now noticed that she is starting to have short breaths. Her nose was blocked, took her to the health centre, they gave her saline drops. I discussed with them about her cough also, I was told when I reach home, to steam her. This is the 4th day I have been steaming her. Her blocked nose is finished, although, I feel she is getting worse, since she is starting to have short breaths. I have been eating healthy foods, mostly vegetables, fish and chicken and I am breastfeeding. Please help. Need advice.
I am 26 years old female. I got c-section delivery before 8 months I gave breast feeding to my male baby. I got malaria fever I stopped feeding for one month I do not have milk now again I want milk supply what can I do pls.
My son 14 years old. Very thin and looks weak while as he is very active physically and mentally. My issue is with his height just 4.7' and weight 33 kgs. For the last three years, am running here n there for his improvement. But wasted money and time. Will you advise me?
1) Is is alright n Safe to use diapers (pampers n mammies) for children especially boys. Is there any side effect. 2) Is pretty water purifier upto standard as per water purification is concerned. If yes which one you recommend. One that runs on electricity or the one where manually water is made to enter. 3) My Baby is now 09 months old. So which foods or fruits I should provide to him.
Infestation on the skin caused by a tiny insect called Sarcoptes scabiei, which live on the skin up to 2 months, is called Scabies. Reproduction occurs on the surface of the skin and later they tunnel into the skin and lay eggs. This forms an extremely irritated, pimple-like rash structure on the skin.
Despite the fact that scabies can be troublesome, the infestation can usually be dealt with successfully. Treatment commonly comprises of drugs that eliminate the scabies parasites and their eggs. Since scabies is so infectious, specialists usually prescribe treatment for a whole gathering of individuals who come in successive contact with people having scabies.
Symptoms: Typical symptoms such as rashes and intense itching, appear up to 6 weeks since initial exposure. Infected sores, which may require additional treatment, are formed due to continuous scratching. Common sites for occurrence in babies are head, neck, face and hands while in adults, it occurs on the wrist, elbow, waist, penis, armpits, etc. The rash comprises of small blisters or pimple-like knocks which are the tunnel tracks of the mite apparent on the skin.
A more severe form of the condition, called crusted scabies may be developed in some people. This condition which is highly contagious is marked by thick crusts containing thousands of eggs and mites which developed on the skin. It usually occurs in people with weak immune systems. The mites are capable of overpowering the immune system and multiplying at a higher rate.
Treatment: Typical treatment includes disposing of the infestation with medicine balms, creams, and moisturizers. It is advisable to apply the cream all over the body and at night, when the mites are active.
Amid the main week of treatment, it might appear as though the symptoms are worsening. Nonetheless, after the initial week, you'll see less tingling and you should have recovered by the fourth week of treatment.
Precautions should be taken to prevent re-infestation as the mites are capable of living up to 72 hours after being abolished from the body. All clothing must be washed with hot water (122F). This should be followed by drying of the items at a high temperature for half an hour. Finally, the dried items should be vacuumed.
Hello doctor my baby girl is 5 months old she don't drink milk every time she was only playing what can I do? Which food items I can feed to her?
Health tip for babies.
Babies have variation in appetite so don't go on day to day appetite but follow weight trend over 2 to 3 months. If that is okay. Baby is doing well.
Esp in sickness babies lose appetite as we do.
So wait for few days n appetite will return.
Dr. Rajiv singh aradhya clinic indrapuram. Consultant max hospital vaishali.
My son is 1.5 years old he has fever from past 2 days, we consulted a doctor he gave tab azee200, ondem, and one of his local medicine, the entire day my son was fine playing and running but in night he got cold and fever again, we gave him crocin syrup at around 3 am and he went a sleep now he has 102 fever once again, please help.
5 practical ways to boost your child's immunity
Children are as vulnerable as they are adorable. Their immune system is not as strong as that of adults, so they are easy victims to environment borne diseases like cold, cough, influenzas and other infections. Here are 5 practical and easy ways in which you can boost your child's immunity and make sure that your role as a parent is sufficiently fulfilled.
1. Decide judiciously what he is supposed to eat and drink
Your child's daily diet must contain a lot of fruits, vegetables, juices, organic foods and proteins. Healthy fats like butter, pastured eggs, coconut etc. Are also essential as they help in absorbing important vitamins like vitamins a, d, e, k and others. Even your child's water intake should be at an optimal level. Processed food and excessive sugar intake should be avoided as they add to your child's calorie count.
2. Get your child to exercise
Regular exercise is a must. It may include running, swimming, jumping or simply strolling. Screen time should be limited as much as possible as those video games and i-pads are robbing your child of his immunity. Make sure your child spends a few hours outside in the sun so as to absorb vitamin d that is obtained from sunlight, for his immunity.
3. Ensure a clean and hygienic environment for your child
You must make sure that that your child learns to keep himself clean. Teach him to wash his hands whenever necessary and tell him not to sneeze and cough in a way that spreads germs. Maintain a clean and healthy environment in and around your home but make sure that you don't shoo away the good bacteria that prevent diseases.
4. Cut down the stress levels of your child
It is very important for you to recognise and eliminate stress from your child's life to ensure immunity for him. Do not force your will upon your child and let him follow his heart. Help him relax if he is stressed and talk to him patiently about things that are worrying him. Maintain a healthy and loving environment in your family to help your child grow.
5. Ensure you child gets adequate rest
Make sure that your child gets adequate amount of comfortable sleep. It is important for you to make your child understand the benefits of sleeping early. This not only increases his/her immunity but also helps him/her to stay attentive and focussed.