Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nalini G.shenoyYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, my son is 1 year 4 months old. My question is regarding avg sleep hours for this age babies. He hardly sleeps 9 hours in night and in between also wakes up in crying mood. Can you please give me some info on this so that I can come over my worry?
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My baby boy is going to be 6 months this 29 he' s on bf plus morning & night nan pro 1 please advice a schedule to start semi solids in how much quantity and gap if days or should I continue nan pro 2 or start packet milk
Homeopathy and its role in treating ADHD
A brain disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is characterized by a continuous pattern of hyperactivity and inattention, resulting in interference with normal development and functioning. The term is applied to both adults and children who exhibit these two characteristics over a long period of time. The condition is usually discovered during a child's early school years, between the third and sixth year (during which he or she may display problems associated with attention) and can go on into adulthood. Although medications are available under western medical science for treating this condition, they aren't free from any side effects.
Which remedies are generally used for treating ADHD?
Homeopathic remedies can help in easing some of the symptoms of this condition, making it easy for children to take part in normal school and social activities. A homeopath prescribes the relevant remedies after having a clear understanding of your characteristics. Some of the medicines that are used for treating the condition are Cina, Hyoscyamus Niger and Stramonium. While Cina is prescribed for alleviating aggressive behavior, Stramonium is recommended for treating fears or PTSD and Hyoscyamus Niger for sexualized or manic symptoms. But the one remedy that is most preferred for treating the varied symptoms of ADHD is Tarentula Hispana.
How is homeopathy different from conventional medicine?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment approach for ADHD, it differs from conventional western medicine in two very different ways. Firstly, the treatment is personalized to suit your needs and health condition. For this reason, the remedy that is suggested to you differs from the one that is suggested to another individual. Such an approach allows a homeopath to better help you by addressing your specific symptoms compared to the conventional treatment of ADHD. Secondly, it treats the condition using smaller doses of the remedies and not higher doses so as to not aggravate the symptoms of ADHD.
In addition to being safe and non-toxic, when these homeopathic remedies are taken along with dietary modifications and lifestyle changes, they can bring about vital improvements in your health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. I gave her less than an ounce of water and she threw it up within a matter of seconds! I have tried infant tylenol crackers and water please help.
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Is calcarea phos 6x is suitable to growth of my 1.5 year girl child? What is the dosage for my baby? Can I use as a calcium supplement for my 30 years wife?
Which milk supplement is good for kids? Junior horlicks/lil champs/pediasure/horlicks growth plus or any others.
My daughter 8 years of age sneezes 10 to 12 times in the morning daily after getting up from bed. Is there any natural or homeopathic remedy for this.
Hi, I gave birth to baby boy in november 2014. Breastfeeding for my baby is very less. Giving external feed. How to increase my breastfeed. Please suggest.
Dear doctor, my baby (daughter) is 7 months old. She only likes to take her mother's milk. Her mother was having sufficient milk earlier. But now she is not having like before. It seems that she is loosing weight, though her activities are normal and spontaneous. We have tried to give her baby foods like cerelac, lactogen etc. But she hates all these. What should I do? Please suggest. Thanks.
Hi, I breastfed my baby till she was 9months old, now she is 2yr 2months old and has never asked for breastfeed. I have noticed milk coming out from nipples off and on. please tell me possible reasons for it.
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
Hello Doctors Team, My son having 5.5 months old and his weight is 8.4 kg and he is having his food as Mothers Milk with the addition of formula Milk (Similac 1 Advance ), now I would like to know like when we can start other foods and what kind of foods we can start and the schedule intervals. Better to suggest the way forward and what is your suggestion about COW MILK / Packet Milk for baby feeding? Thanking you in advance!
My boy age 11 months frequently passing the urine. In an hour approximately 6 to 8 times. May I know the reason.
Giving regular food a twist
Mommas dilemma. How to keep the food healthy and interesting for their children. Kids throw a fit when they are served something they dislike.
You could always have an alternative for'unhealthy' food, and create a healthier and nutrition-rich meal.
Try turning the boring roti and sabzi into a vegetable wrap with loads of salad leaves, tomatoes and onions for the crunchiness.
Cheese and butter are a child's weaknesses. So, how do we make it healthy? for children, any dish with a top-up of cheese is too good to resist. But, you could use paneer instead or if they just can't do without it, try the cheese made from cow's milk.
It's all about giving the regular food a twist, making it look interesting and giving your old recipes a new look. Just a few changes here and there, and you have a healthy version of fast food. So gear up all moms create something healthy n interesting.
Moms are the best cooks after all!