Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. NagbhushanYour feedback matters!
My Penis has bend in the middle up 45degrees. It is happened about 5 years back and continued like that. My age is 59 years. Why it happened like that and what is the solution?
Hello, doctor I am parth since last night my head is paining and I have tried many medicine but still nothing please help me?
You asked · Today 11: 47 am I am having ringworm between legs. It is fungal infection. It is reddish in colour. I already used many medicines like (tube-quadriderm, fourderm, medicine-fluconazole tablet 150 mg) But still I have not get relief. It slow down and come again.
I have suffer for ear pain in last one weak. Local doctor asked me its problem create for enter buds in ear. I want to khow that which medicine is suitable in this situation? please inform as soon as possible.
I am male 16 year of age nd I am suffering frm headache because of this sometimes I can not sleep at night what should I do.
I am suffering from night falling problem it has been since on almost 2 year when I thinking about any wrong things that time sperm is come out from my penis just like drop drop what can I do I don't know please suggest me.
Sir m jb bi running krta hun to kuch din bad knee se niche or ankel se uppar bahut pain hota h can you tell me proper treatment and any supplement or yah problem kis vvjah se hoti h.
Psoriasis is a condition in which rapidly multiplying skin cells cause the area affected to become rough, scaly and itchy. The affected area becomes red and sometimes painful and while the disease can’t be cured, it can be managed by limiting the rapidly multiplying cells. The immune system is thought to be compromised in psoriasis which leads to Infection by opportunistic bacteria such as streptococcus.
Till very recently, psoriasis was thought to be idiopathic, but studies show emotional imbalance or triggers such as cold and infections might lead to activating an inherently present gene. Even though it is usually limited to the skin, it can affect the joints and nails too. This autoimmune disorder occurs in patches where the scaly formation might become irksome, especially if it is in uncommon areas such as the mouth and genitalia. Psoriasis is also thought to be a result of alcoholism or medication such as lithium which is used to treat epilepsy or bipolar disorder.
Common homeopathic remedies
When treating psoriasis, homeopathy is a trove of invaluable resources and treatment options. Medication is customised for the patient after taking into account their personal medical history.
Homeopathy acts by trying to manage the root cause of psoriasis which is an immunocompromised state of being. The added advantage of homeopathy in treatment is the lack of side effects.
Here are some of the most feasible treatments for treating psoriasis with homeopathy:
- Kalium Bromatum: It is the first line of treatment in a lot of cases of psoriasis, especially when the red patches are covered with silver scales. It is also used in syphilitic psoriasis.
- Kalium Arsenicosum: It is an effective treatment for psoriasis that develops on the back and the arms.
- Sulphur: It is best suited for skinny people or those who tend to be forgetful.
- Calendula: It helps soothe and provide temporary pain relief for affected areas, especially if they are inflamed, but it doesn’t address the underlying cause of the disease and hence doesn’t treat it.
- Kalium Sulphuricum: It is best used for papular psoriasis, especially when sebaceous secretions are also involved.
- Arsenic Album: It is used for cases of psoriasis which improve on the application of warmth on the affected areas.
Dehydration, in simple words, is shortage of water in the body. Every cell in the body needs water in order to function properly. In fact, an adult's body weight is 60% water, while an infant's is up to 80% water. Other than oxygen, there is nothing that the body needs more than water.
Water - the irreplaceable
Water is so important because it has many critical functions in the body. Among other activities, water:
* lubricates the joints and connective tissues
* helps digest the food
* liquifies the mucus when you have got a cold
* eliminates bodily heat through sweat
* carries oxygen, carbohydrates and fats to working muscles
* flushes waste from the body through urine
* boosts endurance during prolonged exercise
* wards off bladder infections by washing out harmful bacteria
* helps curb your appetite
* plumps up wrinkles
* quenches thirst
Types of dehydration;
Mild, moderate and severe are the three types of dehydration. In mild dehydration, body loses 5% of its fluid. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 10%, it is moderate dehydration where medical attention is required. Once the loss of body fluid reaches 15%, it is severe dehydration where the affected person should be hospitalized immediately for intravenous replacement of fluids. In summer one could have lot of sweating which is very normal as the body balances its temperature. The only precaution that could prevent any type of dehydration is to replace lost fluid by drinking plenty of water regularly. Make it a point to take a minimum of 3 litres of water daily.
Dehydration can happen due to:
* insufficient liquid/water intake
* excessive loss of fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting and sunstroke
Signs and symptoms:
* furious thirst
* dizziness or nausea
* extreme exhaustion
* loss of elasticity of skin and wrinkling
* reduced urination
* easily irritable
* dry tongue
Treatment - home remedies
In mild cases of dehydration, the treatment is following the simple thumb rule of replacing the lost fluid. Non-alcoholic drinks may be given in plenty. Coconut water is the best. The oral dehydration solutions and sachets are available, which are easy to use. The following are some of the home remedies:
* drink plenty of water by adding sugar or salt to it.
* take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
* add a few drops of pudinhara to half a cup of water and drink 3 - 4 times.
* drink a mixture of 1 tsf mint juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juie and 1 tsf honey.
* drink 1/2 tsf of dry ginger powder in 1 cup of buttermilk, 3 - 4 times a day.
* chew a few pieces of inner lining of pomegranate with salt and/or drink pomegranate juice.
* prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsf lemon juice, 1/2 tsf ginger juice and 1/4 tsf pepper powder and drink it.
* roast 1/2 tsf cumin (jeera) seeds and 1/2 tsf fenugreek seeds; mix and powder it, add to 4 tsf of yogurt, take it thrice a day.
* grate one raw papaya. Add 3 cups of water, boil for 10 mins, strain and finish the water in one day.
* stew apple with 2 pinches of nutmeg powder and 1 tsf sugar and eat it.
* eat plenty of fresh fruits.
* eat one green banana every two to four hours until symptoms subside.
* food rich in potassium are important to restore the body's essential stores depleted during diarrhea. Such foods include lentils, bananas, mangoes, pineapples, coconut milk and citrus fruits.
* avoid alcohol and caffeine, apticots, peas, pears, peaches, plums, prunes, etc. During dehydration.